Ask A Moderator

Although there really wouldn't be anything to stop new members from posting on the concept section besides shipping the thread to the graveyard, but they'd still be coming in.

Also, we need to think about how not all new members are trolls or spammers; and some people might not get to the level of concept making that you would desire with this idea without the C&C from the board helping them. Isn't that what part of the concepts is about anyway?

I don't think this ideas really a good one, partly because you'd just be cutting down on the people who just want some good help on their projects or just some feedback to help them improve, not to mention the people who are actually good at this stuff without a previous account on the boards. There'd be a lot fewer good members coming into the boards over time if this becomes a thing IMHO.

Would anybody else be in favor in creating a post limit before someone could start a thread in the concepts forum? I think something like 300 posts would greatly benefit that forum. Once someone has contributed long enough to amass 300 posts, they should be familiar with how the concepts forum works and the quality and forethought that goes into a good concept. This could help cut down on posts like, "help me decide what to do for a Denver soccer team!"

Just a thought, I could be alone ere.

Or we can just have a separate section for newbies to post their concepts and get c&c there.

Can we just ban reddit as a source?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Whenever I go to this site my computer automatically starts to download something called "activityi;" followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

Is there a way I can get this to stop?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Whenever I go to this site my computer automatically starts to download something called "activityi;" followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

Is there a way I can get this to stop?

Yes, run a virus scanner.

So I've tried using the search function but I can't find anything about the "where I come from" picture and word logos for posters' signatures. Is there like a site that does it or is everyone making their own?

So I've tried using the search function but I can't find anything about the "where I come from" picture and word logos for posters' signatures. Is there like a site that does it or is everyone making their own?

A member was taking requests to make some for others, I doubt he's taking them anymore, but it's worth a shot.

They can be found here:http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94120-where-i-come-from-mlb-nfl-ncaa-nhl-nba-sochi-hockey-and-cfl-done-requests-welcome/

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't the board once have a policy of banning posters who were younger than 13? Whatever happened to that policy?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't the board once have a policy of banning posters who were younger than 13? Whatever happened to that policy?

What about banning people who call for other people to be banned whose opinions differ from their own?

it isn't just that, it's that you are a troll who just posts pullovers, calling them the future when they were a bad idea in the 80's that has since died, isn't coming back and no matter how much petitioning you do and say baseball should go "back to the future" of "the golden age of baseball" and have a delusional sense that everyone is dying for pullovers to return when it's just you who thinks so.

• Like 1

What happened to the Silverdome going topless thread? I posted a joke picture comparing a picture of the Silverdome as it currently looks to the series Life After People. Later I came back to ask a serious question about the requirements for a MLS franchise and the the thread seems to have completely disappeared. It hasn't been graveyarded.

Have I gone nuts? Am I going blind? Did I just dream the whole thing?

tigercatssignature-1.png

What happened to the Silverdome going topless thread? I posted a joke picture comparing a picture of the Silverdome as it currently looks to the series Life After People. Later I came back to ask a serious question about the requirements for a MLS franchise and the the thread seems to have completely disappeared. It hasn't been graveyarded.

No it has dissappeared, I dont know why either.

Same thing happened to the political thread, it just disappeared without a trace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.