Ask A Moderator

How do you add images to your posts? I have my pictures in photobucket but when I click the "image" button the image properties box pops up, I enter the URL, but am unable to click the "ok" button. Is this just happening to me or are others experiencing this problem too?

Sure you aren't clicking "special BBCode"? It looks a lot like a picture.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

I just updated a few things in the FAQ thread.

If you just joined and can't start a topic, wonder why you can't have custom text under your avatar, or are curious about warning points, please check there before posting a question about it.

VmWIn6B.png

Where do we submit logos to be added to the motherboard? Every now and then I'll stumble upon a logo I haven't seen before and then notice it isn't on the motherboard. Is there a way to send it in said logo for consideration to be added to the site? For example, last night I found this guy:

hillsboro-hops-baseball-teams-photo-u1.j

And he's not on the Hops' page: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/4893/Hillsboro_Hops/

90758391980.gif

I came to the site looking for concept logos for various sports teams. Specifically for the NFL KC Chiefs at the moment, but probably more moving forward. I've found many threads in the forums that appear to have someone posting, talking about something they've created, and then there are a bunch of replies discussing the artwork, but I'm not seeing any of the art. Am I missing something on how to actually view the artwork? I'm confused. Thanks in advance!

I came to the site looking for concept logos for various sports teams. Specifically for the NFL KC Chiefs at the moment, but probably more moving forward. I've found many threads in the forums that appear to have someone posting, talking about something they've created, and then there are a bunch of replies discussing the artwork, but I'm not seeing any of the art. Am I missing something on how to actually view the artwork? I'm confused. Thanks in advance!

When are the threads from? Old work tends to get removed from the server. Also, you need to make sure you are looking at the first post of each thread.

Also, what are you using this concept art for?

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Maybe this isn't the best place for this, but it's at least better than clogging up the existing thread. Should we have a "Moderation Court" thread, somewhere where everyone can dump their complaints about over- or under-moderation with examples and people can weigh in? We kind of had that a little tiny bit in the thread that led to the new mods coming on, but this thread would have a dedicated purpose. People are going to complain about modding, better to at least do it someplace where it won't derail the main conversation.

Qcap2.jpg

I'm all for hearing legitimate complaints so we can either address them on our end or explain decisions better to the person making the complaint.

My issue with a dedicated thread like that is that it would turn into people complaining about every little thing.

"You removed the part of my post where I called someone Hitler! What the hell mods???"

EDIT- I'd support such a thread, however, if we get to wear that Q outfit.

I have had dinner with John de Lancie. John de Lancie is a friend of mine.

You sir, are no John de Lancie.

The biggest thing with moderation is consistency. It's like one can't give you the outside corner, then they rotate in the third inning, and the next one takes it away then ejects you when you argue balls and strikes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe in its own sub-forum way down at the bottom so people won't stumble across it, like if somebody bumped it up in The Lounge every few days to complain about their stupid BS? I would say pin it at the top here, but there are already 75 pinned threads here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.