Ask A Moderator

Apparently that's everywhere. Bad ad, but not enough is being done to fix it (at the ad provider level).

I started getting redirected to Lyft in the app store constantly in mid-December and again in mid-January (this time affecting Android, too). Gilt was the other 5% of unwanted redirects. Never used either app or service before.

Ironically, never from this site, but I use mobile almost exclusively now.

Search "slimspots" with spam or virus and you'll find a ton of info and no solutions. That's the site it redirects from before opening the app store.

Yeah it's always sending me to a software updater website on the computer. Almost exclusively when I open the Logos section of the message boards. There must be a bad ad in there somewhere. It's making me seriously reconsider using this site if they can't get their ad provider under control.

Apparently that's everywhere. Bad ad, but not enough is being done to fix it (at the ad provider level).

I started getting redirected to Lyft in the app store constantly in mid-December and again in mid-January (this time affecting Android, too). Gilt was the other 5% of unwanted redirects. Never used either app or service before.

Ironically, never from this site, but I use mobile almost exclusively now.

Search "slimspots" with spam or virus and you'll find a ton of info and no solutions. That's the site it redirects from before opening the app store.

Yeah it's always sending me to a software updater website on the computer. Almost exclusively when I open the Logos section of the message boards. There must be a bad ad in there somewhere. It's making me seriously reconsider using this site if they can't get their ad provider under control.

same with me, same site

Why is the Graveyard gone? It stinks when threads like Admiral's "when things get salty" just vanish. If they cross a line and get locked, people should at least be able to see what is an example of over the line.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why is the Graveyard gone? It stinks when threads like Admiral's "when things get salty" just vanish. If they cross a line and get locked, people should at least be able to see what is an example of over the line.

The Graveyard isn't gone. It's just "invisible" to most members. The problem was that people would jump into any thread that was even kinda-sorta heading south and clog it up with "IN BEFORE GRAVEYARD" posts, which only made things worse.

The Graveyard isn't gone. It's just "invisible" to most members. The problem was that people would jump into any thread that was even kinda-sorta heading south and clog it up with "IN BEFORE GRAVEYARD" posts, which only made things worse.

So... if it's invisible, what's the point? Is it a mods only thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It exists as a mechanic to deal with threads we don't want around anymore. It's just invisible for the reasons stated.

You do have a point though. With it being invisible it makes people can no longer know for certain why a thread was taken down. Which isn't a good thing. The system isn't perfect.

You mean like "IBTL"? I know that was a thing for a while, but was it really that bad?

I ask that for purposes of transparancy and to actually show examples of the line that new members are asked to recognize and not cross, that Proposition 341: "Reinstate the Graveyard" gets added to the ballot to be voted on at the next secret Mod meeting.

Maybe change the name to something more generic, like "locked threads" and it won't be "fun" to post about threads getting "burried in the graveyard".

I'm having trouble with adding links to the first page of my History of a Fictional Football League thread. When I try to add new seasons under the Individual Seasons by Team section, it will not link to the photobucket image. I am absolutely certain that the code is correct (the 1962 at the bottom of the page is copied and pasted from the code used in my post). When the post is viewed, the 1962 text shows up, but it isn't a hyperlink. If I edit the post, I can still see the code, which usually disappears after a post is submitted.

I've had minor problems with this in the past, but it would never happen to more than two or three links at a time, and I could fix it by erasing the code and retyping it. Now, I can't get any new links to work in that thread. Here, the link to my thread worked perfectly fine, while the example below took three attempts before it was successful. Has anybody else had this problem, and, more importantly, does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you.

Here is an example of a link that should exist in my post:

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I'm having trouble with adding links to the first page of my History of a Fictional Football League thread. When I try to add new seasons under the Individual Seasons by Team section, it will not link to the photobucket image. I am absolutely certain that the code is correct (the 1962 at the bottom of the page is copied and pasted from the code used in my post). When the post is viewed, the 1962 text shows up, but it isn't a hyperlink. If I edit the post, I can still see the code, which usually disappears after a post is submitted.

I've had minor problems with this in the past, but it would never happen to more than two or three links at a time, and I could fix it by erasing the code and retyping it. Now, I can't get any new links to work in that thread. Here, the link to my thread worked perfectly fine, while the example below took three attempts before it was successful. Has anybody else had this problem, and, more importantly, does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you.

Here is an example of a link that should exist in my post:

I know you can only have ten pictures in a single post, is that the issue?

spacer.png

I'm not posting pictures directly, it's hyperlinks to images, so I don't think that's the problem. If it is, I exceeded 10 a very long time ago, and I've found a loophole in the system.. There have to be at least 300 links in that post, virtually all of which go to images on deviantart or photobucket.

EDIT: I never did figure out why this was happening, but I figured out a way around it that's much easier than what I was doing anyway, so nevermind.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that a lot of times the ads are tailored to you based on your history/cookies. I've had several ads for my big and tall clothing sites after I tried to fruitlessly search for size 20 shoes.

So, if you're getting more NSFW ads, might want to clear out the cookies...

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

I'm seeing some pretty risqué ads on here for the first time ever. Some busty chick in a short skirt showed up on the right side of my screen and all it said was "Get Me Naked"

Not a huge deal, but that could be teetering close to NSFW

You could also just hide those ads.

It's where I sit.

I'm seeing some pretty risqué ads on here for the first time ever. Some busty chick in a short skirt showed up on the right side of my screen and all it said was "Get Me Naked"

Not a huge deal, but that could be teetering close to NSFW

You could also just hide those ads.

Thanks for the advice. I just thought it was worth mentioning

90758391980.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.