Ask A Moderator

Huh.  I seem to be in a bit of a situation at the moment.  While we await the return of sigs, I'm out of business.  It's okay, I'm fine with waiting.  What intrigues me is that the artificial limit on image sizes seems to have been lifted.  There was always a limit to image sizes (860px), but suddenly a new size restriction was added but never mentioned that shrunk anything above 589px down to that size.  Going back and looking at my thread, all the images I've created are now larger and in stunning quality.  I love it.  Hopefully this remains, although given that I kind of think those who have put up to five of my images into their sig, I'll have to try to more actively get people to not go overboard this time.

I don't like the round avatar at all, as it cuts out so much space for not much more reason than "It looks modern and neat."  But hearing that that's a setting is nice, as well as the notifications.  Like everyone else, I'm looking greatly forward to the future of the boards!

EDIT: Although the notification system may need a little tweaking.  After my comment, it told me there were now four new replies in this thread, and told me Hawk had commented again.  Probably just a setting I need to fix.

spacer.png

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

CIRCULAR AVATAR = ROUNDEL SHEEP

Just kidding. I think everything looks good so far. I'd like to see sigs back, but again, y'all said it's still a work in progress. 

Same here. I'd just started working on my 2016 Winter line of sig pics last night. B)  

BB52Big.jpg

I...I oddly don't mind the circular avatars. 

Signatures are pointless.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh.  I seem to be in a bit of a situation at the moment.  While we await the return of sigs, I'm out of business.  It's okay, I'm fine with waiting.  What intrigues me is that the artificial limit on image sizes seems to have been lifted.  There was always a limit to image sizes (860px), but suddenly a new size restriction was added but never mentioned that shrunk anything above 589px down to that size.  Going back and looking at my thread, all the images I've created are now larger and in stunning quality.  I love it.  Hopefully this remains, although given that I kind of think those who have put up to five of my images into their sig, I'll have to try to more actively get people to not go overboard this time.

I don't like the round avatar at all, as it cuts out so much space for not much more reason than "It looks modern and neat."  But hearing that that's a setting is nice, as well as the notifications.  Like everyone else, I'm looking greatly forward to the future of the boards!

EDIT: Although the notification system may need a little tweaking.  After my comment, it told me there were now four new replies in this thread, and told me Hawk had commented again.  Probably just a setting I need to fix.

Speaking of which, I liked the old "auto-shrink" method of taking care of pictures larger than a certain size. You could click the image to get the full details if necessary, but you could also leave the image alone otherwise. What about, perhaps, making that "auto-shrink" size a little smaller so as to not clutter a thread (unless we're already there, of course)?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I may have just missed it, but where are my messages? I may be just having a brain shutdown :) but I can't find them....

I sorta like the new layout...it'll take time to get used to! And I never really loved signatures...they cluttered up the comments sometimes.

NVM I found the messages, just couldn't see it lol...

Holy crap the in-browser notifications are annoying.  Off.  OFF.

edit:  Hey the Mark Forum Read button works again!  Hooray!

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The layout is like Buffaslug knocked up the new Buccaneers jerseys.

Sarcasm aside, I HATE that quotes are no longer contained within a border.  It looks like every new poster is saying the EXACT same thing since you can't distinguish between quoted text and the new reply.  

Sorry guys, it's barfy.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

The layout is like Buffaslug knocked up the new Buccaneers jerseys.

Sarcasm aside, I HATE that quotes are no longer contained within a border.  It looks like every new poster is saying the EXACT same thing since you can't distinguish between quoted text and the new reply.  

Sorry guys, it's barfy.

It's looking OK to me.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

3 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

posting pictures is a 100 times better. nice thinking on the mods part!!

Well, honestly, it's all the makers of the board software's doing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.