Ask A Moderator

I turned off notifications yesterday but I"m still receiving them in the bottom right corner of the screen, along with sound. I don't really care who liked or quoted my post.  I"m not sure how I can turn them "more" off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ECUFan25 said:

Dislikes:

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I just wanted to tell you that someone quoted the 'content' you made

I was signed up for the email list on following with V3 and was fine with it, but this is plain annoying and scares the crap out of me every time it goes off. But that's why I turned the volume down.

You can disable this feature in your account settings

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That didn't work for me.  It's certainly possible I missed a step, but from what I can tell they're disabled but I am still getting beeps and pop-ups whenever I log in from a new browser tab.

EDIT: I noticed that I haven't received notifications from a Windows 7 Desktop, but I always get them from a Windows 10.  Could be coincidence and maybe nobody likes or quotes me when I'm on Win7, but maybe it's a browser issue not board related.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I liked seeing when threads started when browsing new content. Helped me decide if something was new or old, worth clicking on or not. Currently it only shows how old the newest post is.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I can't delete notifications and there's no way to find out who liked posts. Is there a way to resolve these issues?

I can still see who liked posts in the same old location.  Am I the only one?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I had asked whether the new format of the board would allow users to follow threads on the mobile interface.  I see that this had indeed been done.  Thanks for that!

I had also asked whether usernames can be changed.  It seems like this is not the case.  I have long wanted to change my username "cesarano" to my full name "Ferdinand Cesarano". The best that I can do is to insert my full name into the "Member Title" field.  

I understand that allowing free changes of the username could help people dodge accountability for their comments.  However, I wonder if I could ask for a case-by-case review of such requests, with the possibility of granting those that are clearly not designed to deceive.  I would have chosen my full name as my username from the beginning, if that had been possible.  But, if I remember correctly, that ran against the limit in characters which was in place when I first signed up to the board.  Is there no way to convert my username from "cesarano" to "Ferdinand Cesarano" (or, if spaces are not allowed, to "FerdinandCesarano")?

Another thing that I have noticed is that that quoting a post brings in only the last person's comments. Formerly, quoting a post brought in the entire post, including the quotes that were embedded within that post.  I must say that this is not a good change, as reviewing the entire previous exchange is often helpful before reading the new comment.

Finally, I don't see the "preview" option.  Am I missing it?  I have had the experience of pasting an image, only to find in the preview stage that that image is not a supported filetype.  Now, without a preview, this will be discovered only when the post goes up; and the user will have to edit the post afterwards.

An aside to CS85: I don't understand why using the IMG tags is so bad.  That is still the only way to add images in the mobile interface, isn't it?

Anyway, I will echo CubsFanBudMan and say thanks for keeping this great site going for so many years.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

I've able to see who likes my posts for the past couple days. The likes were anonymous for a little while but it went right back to normal again.  

Same here . . . except I don't remember a period when they were anonymous.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I noticed that you cannot view all members (or can you and I missed it).  But can view members currently on line.  I sorted by "banned" and McCall was viewing.  So banned members can still get online but cannot post...I had no idea.  I guess it would be difficult to stop anyone from reading the site...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 hours ago, cesarano said:

I had asked whether the new format of the board would allow users to follow threads on the mobile interface.  I see that this had indeed been done.  Thanks for that!

I had also asked whether usernames can be changed.  It seems like this is not the case.  I have long wanted to change my username "cesarano" to my full name "Ferdinand Cesarano". The best that I can do is to insert my full name into the "Member Title" field.  

I understand that allowing free changes of the username could help people dodge accountability for their comments.  However, I wonder if I could ask for a case-by-case review of such requests, with the possibility of granting those that are clearly not designed to deceive.  I would have chosen my full name as my username from the beginning, if that had been possible.  But, if I remember correctly, that ran against the limit in characters which was in place when I first signed up to the board.  Is there no way to convert my username from "cesarano" to "Ferdinand Cesarano" (or, if spaces are not allowed, to "FerdinandCesarano")?

Another thing that I have noticed is that that quoting a post brings in only the last person's comments. Formerly, quoting a post brought in the entire post, including the quotes that were embedded within that post.  I must say that this is not a good change, as reviewing the entire previous exchange is often helpful before reading the new comment.

Finally, I don't see the "preview" option.  Am I missing it?  I have had the experience of pasting an image, only to find in the preview stage that that image is not a supported filetype.  Now, without a preview, this will be discovered only when the post goes up; and the user will have to edit the post afterwards.

An aside to CS85: I don't understand why using the IMG tags is so bad.  That is still the only way to add images in the mobile interface, isn't it?

Anyway, I will echo CubsFanBudMan and say thanks for keeping this great site going for so many years.

No, it's much easier now because you can just upload direct from your device.  Rather than hotlinking via img tags, you can save the image then upload it.

Back to notifications - I'm getting them on mobile now too even though my settings say they're disabled.

EDIT: Finally figured out the notifications - I wasn't scrolling all the way down to the bottom and some were still enabled.  I thought simply unchecking the options at the top (automatically follow, etc.) was all that was necessary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alxy8s said:

I'm probably just overlooking it, but is there no longer a way to go straight to the first unread post in a thread?

Click on the dark circle/star directly to the left of the thread title

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I like it, except for the "reputation" thing which makes it seem like a competition. Instead of newbies trying to prove themselves as real graphic designers and members to the board, they will now just be trying to rack up likes for their board rep. And since people see board rep and post counts on the sidebar and not join date, newbies are looking to post fast and post often to hide their newbie status. Before, I could see "103 posts" and "joined January 12 2016" and recognize a newbie but instead now I would see "+19" "103 posts"

PLEASE add join date back to the sidebar and take off 'board rep'

Edited by Jake3.roo
*typo
  • Like 1

tinysig.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.