Ask A Moderator

2 hours ago, Jimmy! said:

Any reason why pages sometimes open like this? 

image.png

I"ve noticed that usually there's an ad that's fixed to a super wide width.  It shrinks the entire screen to fit the whole ad in there.  DOesn't happen too often, but it's annoying when it does.  Usually refreshing loads a normal ad and everything is normal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

OK, I have no idea what happened there. Pasting the link works for me. Which browser are you using? 

ie11. Perhaps I'm the last person on planet earth still using it.

6uXNWAo.png

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

ie11. Perhaps I'm the last person on planet earth still using it.

Dude, why?  

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

most of these groups i never heard of... whats the difference between them?

Capture.PNG.8e496f85fe6385ede4782336724d

latest?cb=20110504061635

Look at the red light, please...

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

My poor taste aside. The world's second-most popular used browser should still be compatible.

You'd be the perfect test to upgrade to Windows 10 and loyally use Edge.  I wonder if you'd like it if IE is your flavor.  I don't get why you use IE, outside of maybe stubborn familiarity and lack of desire to use a sensible, not-quite-as-vulnerable browser, but maybe Edge would be some middle ground for you.

twitter

Just now, CS85 said:

You'd be the perfect test to upgrade to Windows 10 and loyally use Edge.  I wonder if you'd like it if IE is your flavor.  I don't get why you use IE, outside of maybe stubborn familiarity and lack of desire to use a sensible, not-quite-as-vulnerable browser, but maybe Edge would be some middle ground for you.

I've been using Explorer since choosing it over Netscape Navigator 46 years ago. It's never given me problems, so I've never had a reason to make a switch. I've got Windows 10 and have toyed around with Edge. It's ehhh. If I don't come around to Edge, I'll likely jump to Firefox as soon as they kill off IE, which is soon I hear. Either way, I just wanna post my YouTubes.......Invision Power Services, Inc. <_<

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

7 minutes ago, Jimmy! said:

I'm an IE user as well. Is Edge in heavy use yet?

Not quite yet.  It's still needing support for extensions and needs time/a lot of use to debug everything.  It's not a bad browser at all from my limited use, but because I can't use uBlock and Ghostery yet (to my knowledge), I'm not taking any chances.

I'm actually getting kind of curious about saying goodbye to Chrome.  Firefox is easily the most reliable and versatile browser available, but the only thing keeping me loyal to Chrome is the account-bound bookmarks, shared history, and speed.  Chrome has a major issue with gobbling system resources (price you pay for that performance) but with a beefy enough machine it doesn't matter much.

twitter

I'd switch to Edge if it supported extensions. Until then, I won't.

Firefox is okay except when they introduce new versions that break usability. It's little things like maintaining functional use of the separate search boxes, default "Awesomebar" behavior, and so on. I've never committed to Chrome for anything other than occasional use, but I generally try to limit my use of Google products.

Firefox mobile is mostly fine, except it crashes a lot and it's only about 75% compatible with this site. You may have seen me complain just a tiny bit about this new board software's performance on mobile; it seems like it was designed for Chrome and Safari and to hell with anything else.

I wish I were an Opera guy. It's just never stuck with me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, llfhockey said:

most of these groups i never heard of... whats the difference between them?

Capture.PNG.8e496f85fe6385ede4782336724d

My best guess. 

• Admin: Administrator. Pretty sure it means that person has administrative access to everything on the site. 
  • Banned: Obvious
  • Generalissimo: Mac begged for a title and that's what he got.
  • Members: Obvious
  • Moderators: Obvious
  • Owner's Box: A section of the boards that is accessible only to certain members.
  • Previewing: I'm guessing that either means that person hasn't posted yet or that they haven't become a full-fledged member yet.
  • Spammers: Accounts that were set up by spammers?
  • Sub-Moderators: No idea although it might mean that person has mod access in certain areas like Fantasy Sports.
  • Super-Mod: Someone who has mod powers in all sections of the boards? 
  • The Man Behind the Curtain: Mockba's member title. No idea what it means. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

My best guess. 

• Admin: Administrator. Pretty sure it means that person has administrative access to everything on the site. 
  • Banned: Obvious
  • Generalissimo: Mac begged for a title and that's what he got.
  • Members: Obvious
  • Moderators: Obvious
  • Owner's Box: A section of the boards that is accessible only to certain members.
  • Previewing: I'm guessing that either means that person hasn't posted yet or that they haven't become a full-fledged member yet.
  • Spammers: Accounts that were set up by spammers?
  • Sub-Moderators: No idea although it might mean that person has mod access in certain areas like Fantasy Sports.
  • Super-Mod: Someone who has mod powers in all sections of the boards? 
  • The Man Behind the Curtain: Mockba's member title. No idea what it means. 

I think Super-Mod was another custom vanity title given to one of the mod team.

twitter

39 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I think Super-Mod was another custom vanity title given to one of the mod team.

It's actually a moderator with admin access. If I was going to make myself a custom title I'd be "The Big Guy" a la Kevin Nash in the nWo.

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, LMU said:

It's actually a moderator with admin access. If I was going to make myself a custom title I'd be "The Big Guy" a la Kevin Nash in the nWo.

Kevin Nash would tell you the secrets of running a board as a shadow admin, but he'd charge you $500 and would probably make it all up as he went.

twitter

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain' - Wizard of Oz

Yeah, I get the Wizard of Oz reference. What I meant was I have no idea why Mockba chose that as his member title. Probably should have worded it better than I did. 

BB52Big.jpg

53 minutes ago, LMU said:

Where is this list of "groups" he was referring to in the OP? I can't seem to find it. 

BB52Big.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.