Ask A Moderator

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Please be aware that the S7 is significantly less explody than the Note 7.

Doh! That's right. Got the two confused. My bad. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So I've encountered a big problem with the ads on my Android phone. Posting this here today as this has happened to me one too many times.

Every other time I'm on the boards, this popup appears claiming that I have "Four virus" on my "*insert phone model here*". Sometimes the phone model is accurately named as a Wileyfox Swift, other times it's a "Generic Android", and this time the name is instead a blank space. Notably, this popup only appears when I'm browsing this site, and in spite of what it's telling me I have never visited any "adult sites" on the phone.

Screenshot_20161106-201646.png

I installed adblock on the browser after the first time this happened, but that does nothing. I don't know if this is a virus so much as an intrusive popup that hijacks the browser, redirecting you to this page and pretty much locking up the browser and making it useless, even when you close the app and reopen it. For anyone else who has this problem, the only way to get rid of it is to clear your browser data and cache. You'll lose all of your browsing history which is inconvenient, but at least you'll be able to use it again. Also, FWIW I have never touched the "OK" on this popup as I have no idea what it actually does and have no intention of finding out.

NSFW-ish clickbait ads on the bottom of every page are one thing, but browser jacking popups? I don't know what the deal is but something needs to be done about this.

Edited by wildwing64
Turns out Adblock had stopped this problem after all.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you use the search feature (regular or advanced) and your search returns multiple pages of results, you can't actually select any page other than the first one without receiving an error that you need to wait for (some number) of seconds before running another search, even though you're just trying to see more results from the initial search and not trying to run a new one.  So it's extremely hard to find anything you're looking for that's not super recent.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really wish "Concepts" wasn't cluttered up with simulations (simulated games, simulated statistics, simulated tournaments, simulated whatever with no new concepts) and with fantasy leagues listing team names but no logo concepts (until maybe 10 plus posts).

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

my profile says I "won the day" on January 14.  Do I get some kind of prize for that?  How can I tell what it was that lead to that?

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out.  Kinda lame - the posts aren't that impressive.

EDIT2: I'm only the 8th best member here?  That's a joke.  I'm definitely better than infrared41.  Time to get cheap likes by posting stupid youtube clips in the wrestling threads.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

my profile says I "won the day" on January 14.  Do I get some kind of prize for that?  How can I tell what it was that lead to that?

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out.  Kinda lame - the posts aren't that impressive.

EDIT2: I'm only the 8th best member here?  That's a joke.  I'm definitely better than infrared41.  Time to get cheap likes by posting stupid youtube clips in the wrestling threads.

1. No surprise there. Your posts never are. 

2. No, you're not, but that's beside the point...where are these "rankings?" 

EDIT: Found them. 

Spoiler

EDIT: Because it's inevitable that someone will think otherwise, let me make it clear that I'm just goofing on Vet.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

I gave that post an ironic like.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about posting concept images in spoilers on threads in the "Sports Logos" section?  I don't think spoilered images load until clicked on in mobile (won't eat up data or slow the page too much), and it will keep things decluttered overall.  It seems to be fine to say, "I think they should do X, Y, and Z.", but posting a picture showing what it would look like if a team actually did those things is verboten.  I think the concepts help visualize what people are talking about.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2017 at 4:20 AM, Cosmic said:

What about posting concept images in spoilers on threads in the "Sports Logos" section?  I don't think spoilered images load until clicked on in mobile (won't eat up data or slow the page too much), and it will keep things decluttered overall.  It seems to be fine to say, "I think they should do X, Y, and Z.", but posting a picture showing what it would look like if a team actually did those things is verboten.  I think the concepts help visualize what people are talking about.

I think there's a difference between the two following examples. 1 can encourage discussion and 2 doesn't really contribute. The two should be treated differently.

1) I think Team X should do X, Y and Z to improve their look. Something like this is what I mean *image*

2) Oh look, discussion about Team X. Look at my concept for Team X. Shameless Pluggg!!!!1!

• Like 4

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

9 hours ago, marble21 said:

I think there's a difference between the two following examples. 1 can encourage discussion and 2 doesn't really contribute. The two should be treated differently.

1) I think Team X should do X, Y and Z to improve their look. Something like this is what I mean *image*

2) Oh look, discussion about Team X. Look at my concept for Team X. Shameless Pluggg!!!!1!

That's true. Maybe it's my rose-colored glasses, but I feel like there were more "sincere" concepts posted than "Here's my State Bird concept series, where I have the Yankees red-breasted robin uniforms."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I have to sign in on every single browser I use?  I sign in on my laptop and then I'm logged out on my phone.  I sign in on my phone then I"m logged out of my laptop.  I sign in on my desktop and I'm signed out of both phone and laptop.  ANd so on and so forth.  Every time I switch devices the forum logs me off from every other device.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.