Ask A Moderator

4 hours ago, LMU said:

Just PM Chris directly.  He doesn't monitor this thread and needs to know what to pass along to the software company.

He just posted in this thread. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

CCSLC Update Wars: Episode 2 - The Mods Strike Back™

So LMU is my father?  That changes the dynamic somewhat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, LMU said:

I kinda told him to B)

Are you experiencing this?  It seems like I'm not alone but I'm curious what's different with anyone that i's not happening to.  

Also, why even have a thread for board upgrade issues if the issue needs to be sent via PM?

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are you experiencing this?  It seems like I'm not alone but I'm curious what's different with anyone that i's not happening to.  

Also, why even have a thread for board upgrade issues if the issue needs to be sent via PM?

I'm not experiencing anything.

Like @CC97 said, let him know and he'll pass word along to the IT people.

This thread was created originally after the original massive board update so people could comment/ask questions/etc.  For some reason it morphed into a tech support thing and since the upgrade happened so long ago it's pretty much been forgotten by most of us.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

It happened to me exactly one time.

So the recurring issue seems like a personal problem.

That coincidentally started during an upgrade?  It's been just about a week now, and at least two others reported the same thing (though I'm not sure if it cleared up for them.)

The fact that this is the only site this occurs with, even among other IPB-powered sites seems to indicate to me that if it is a user problem, there's still something unique to the way this board works.

Will send PM.  - In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions on how to self-resolve.  

• Like 1

Seems like this may have been "magically" resolved.  Thanks for fixing it.

• 3 weeks later...

In the past, a .xls (excel) file was able to be posted. The files are still available now (see the "final league spreadsheets" in the attached link) but I can not post any new excel files now.

Am I overlooking something? Or is posting this type of file just no longer available?

Thanks! :) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having issues embedding images from the mothership. Whenever I try to copy a url in, all it says is "The link could not be embedded because content.sportslogos.net does not allow embedding of that image." Is something messed up on my end, or is it the software somewhere? Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Hey guys, I'm having issues embedding images from the mothership. Whenever I try to copy a url in, all it says is "The link could not be embedded because content.sportslogos.net does not allow embedding of that image." Is something messed up on my end, or is it the software somewhere? Thanks in advance.

I am getting the same error message when I try to use a URL.

But why don't you just copy/paste the image?  I don't mean copy the image's URL; copy the image itself, and then paste it here.

Test:

6459.png

That is working for me.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

As long as you're posting a link with a .jpeg/.jpg/.png/.gif it should automatically embed.  

Twitter, YouTube, and I believe Streamable also automatically embed as long as you paste the direct URL to the page/tweet/video/etc.  

If you're posting an image from twitter, for example, and don't delete the :large at the end of it, it won't automatically embed. 

This is all coming from somebody who doesn't know about the backend stuff of Invision forums.  Just speaking from experience.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.