2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we're past the coin-flip round....

ALDS

Rangers def. Blue Jays in 4

Royals def. Astros in 4

NLDS

Cubs def. Cardinals in 5

Mets def. Dodgers in 3

ALCS

Royals def. Rangers in 5

NLCS

Cubs def. Mets in 7

WORLD SERIES

Cubs def. Royals in 6

100715_chc_pit_hands_helmet_med_fsqzml94

6uXNWAo.png

So apparently Sportsnet is using FS1's feed for the playoffs, which means we don't get the same announcers we had all season. Not impressed.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Looks like the dude in the orange Marlins jersey who got so much attention last year is back.

Jesus Christ ! is that guy annoying, one thing is to show up in orange jersey and visor and be a distraction for TV viewers, but then he constantly is talking to the other spectators and is constantly moving around , the :censored:ing idiot does not even watch the games, too busy checking his phone and bothering the other people around him.

The Astros win last night changes some things in that series; I'd previously thought the only win they'd get in that series was a Keuchel start, but taking game one before Keuchel takes the mound again is big. I don't know that this makes them the series favorite quite yet, but they've got a much bigger shot now than I'd thought at first.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Lloyd McClendon's tenure in Seattle is likely over.

That's a shame. He stuck with Fernando Rodney for too long, but it's not his fault the bullpen was garbage this year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Lloyd McClendon's tenure in Seattle is likely over.

That's a shame. He stuck with Fernando Rodney for too long, but it's not his fault the bullpen was garbage this year.

Or that they couldn't hit for the first half of the season.

It sucks to say this because it's already been 14 years since any postseason play and this process takes a few years, but they need to stop trying to patchwork a lineup of free agents together and just go all-in on a full rebuild Royals/Astros/Cubs/Pirates style. Those teams went through the suck, but now they're set up for the next few years to at least be very competitive. The Mariners farm system is garbage (and historically always has been garbage). I don't know what the new GM's plan is, but I hope that's his plan.

It wouldn't be a crazy idea to trade Felix for some top prospects.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Part of the problem for Seattle is that their position player development has been about as awful as Baltimore's pitcher development has been. It's easy to say that they should go into a rebuild, but then you look at Jesus Montero, Dustin Ackley, Mike Zunino, among others, and see that they have simply stalled out there, and have to wonder just what is going on. Some of it also has to do with Safeco being an extreme pitcher's park, too. The Mariners retool that offense year after year, yet much like an inverted version of the Rockies, they still end up having one of the worst offenses in baseball every season. At some point, it ceases to be a fluke where, every time Seattle has high buzz coming into the season, they promptly crap the bed and are out of contention by the middle of May.

spacer.png

It just occurred to me that six of the eight teams in the playoffs wear royal blue caps. The Dodgers and Rangers wear the darker shade, and the Royals, Cubs, Mets and Blue Jays the lighter one. That's got to be noteworthy, especially with how much we harp on the league for so many teams using navy and black.

Of note, there has never been a World Series matchup featuring two royal blue caps.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived