2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

The Phillies are wearing their regular home pinstripes during a day game. Looks weird after not seeing it for many years

Pretty sure they have been doing this for opening day for a while now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds have recently been doing that too and I hate it. The only time they wear white for home day games anymore is on opening day. The rest of the season it's red jerseys during the day. I liked it better when the red shirt was only Sunday home games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Matt Kemp is just Cardinal Way'ing Kershaw right now. Holy crap.

That makes Tampa, Philly, and Yankee Stadium the only current parks to not have hosted (or scheduled to host) an All Star Game.

MLB is rumored to save Philadelphia for the 2026 game (United States' 250th birthday). And fat chance in hell they'll ever give an All-Star Game to that concrete monolithic of a dump in Central Florida known as Tropicana Field. Any of the other four parks in the AL East (New Yankee, Fenway, Camden and the Skydome) could likely be the next American League park to host in 2019, unless either the NL hosts for a 5th straight summer or the Athletics get their new stadium priorities up to speed.

P.S.: With all the renovations done to the stadium (not to mention ushering in the era of mega-local TV contracts into the billions), Dodger Stadium is due for an ASG, which hasn't been hosted there since 1980. What the hell gives, MLB?

That makes Tampa, Philly, and Yankee Stadium the only current parks to not have hosted (or scheduled to host) an All Star Game.

MLB is rumored to save Philadelphia for the 2026 game (United States' 250th birthday). And fat chance in hell they'll ever give an All-Star Game to that concrete monolithic of a dump in Central Florida known as Tropicana Field. Any of the other four parks in the AL East (New Yankee, Fenway, Camden and the Skydome) could likely be the next American League park to host in 2019, unless either the NL hosts for a 5th straight summer or the Athletics get their new stadium priorities up to speed.

P.S.: With all the renovations done to the stadium (not to mention ushering in the era of mega-local TV contracts into the billions), Dodger Stadium is due for an ASG, which hasn't been hosted there since 1980. What the hell gives, MLB?

Baltimore was the clear set choice to host the 2016 all star game, but the Padres pulled some magic out of their asses and MLB chose San Diego instead.

Phils lose 8-0 after giving up five HRs (including a slam) and managing a whopping 2 singles, 2 walks and a double themselves. They're gonna be lucky to win 60

The Phillies are wearing their regular home pinstripes during a day game. Looks weird after not seeing it for many years

Pretty sure they have been doing this for opening day for a while now.

Didn't even notice they did it the last two years. 2012 and back, they used the alts

Double play for Atlanta! This game is a pleasant surprise for me. With rebuilding mode in full swing and Kimbrel and Upton traded away my already-low expectations for the Braves were made even lower, so I'm taking every good moment I can get!

ICXC NIKA

Baltimore was the clear set choice to host the 2016 all star game, but the Padres pulled some magic out of their asses and MLB chose San Diego instead.
Supposedly the O's-Nats MASN conflict had something to do with that. And the Dodgers probably haven't hosted because they have to bid for it. That's why it took so long for the Mets to host (1964-2013); they weren't interested until they moved out of Shea.

Archived