2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

Tanaka's arm is about to fall off. What were you expecting from him? :D

The fact that Tanaka is changing how he pitches to avoid uinjury shows he needs to get the surgery over with and come back full strength next year. His veocity is way down and he is going to get pounded.

No it's not.

PitchFX says Tanaka averaged 92.5 mph and 91.1 mph with his four-seamer and sinker yesterday, respectively, down negligibly from 92.7 mph and 91.4 mph last year. He did top out at 94.5 mph yesterday, so it’s not like he was out there with Jered Weaver velocity.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12617466/masahiro-tanaka-new-york-yankees-expect-fastball-velocity-return-2015

You could tell just by watching that it was. The batter's were able to (and did) watch the ball all the way in, rather than swinging in case it was a 95 mph heater on certain counts.

The stats say his average wasn't much different but they don't really showcase the times he was able up the mph a few notches when needed. He wasn't able to do that the other day and it really showed in the 5 run inning in particular.

That's nice, but the fact of the matter is.. numbers don't lie. He's throwing his fastball less thad last year, but the velocity on it when he did throw it isn't different. I watched everyone one of his starts last year he was always a low 90s guy.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steamer the Steam Train has announced his retirement :(

Altoona Curve@AltoonaCurve 5h

Fans, after 16 seasons, Steamer has announced plans to retire. His letter appeared in today's @AltoonaMirrorPA (

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCE7WxqUgAABsUx.jpg:large

So, I don't know if you guys have heard this yet, but Major League Baseball is having fans vote on their favorite team's four most impactful players of all time. These players will be honored in a pregame ceremony before the All Star game.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/08/mlb-announces-the-franchise-four-campaign-seeking-the-four-most-impactful-players-per-franchise

For my Tigers, I selected Ty Cobb, Charlie Gehringer, Al Kaline, and Alan Trammell.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

So the Blue Jays bullpen blows.

EDIT: For the Jays franchise four, I went Alomar, Delgado, Bautista and Halladay.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Picking the four best Tampa Bay Rays from the list they provided is kind of a hilarious exercise.

For the record, Angels: Anderson, Guerrero, Ryan, Salmon. I'd pick Trout if we weren't just so early in the career.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Cardinals:

Musial, Pujols, Smith, Gibson

Dean's #5.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know the Twins aren't expected to contend, and its only two games into their season, but no runs at all for Minnesota so far??

I suspect the offense will get in gear soon, because actually, this Twins team may not be so decrepit at scoring runs as many think...though you wouldn't know it by watching them against Detroit in the opening two games.....

Better not get shut out a third time in a row, Twins.....Game 3 of 162 or not, that would just be embarrassing....get with it!

So the Blue Jays bullpen blows.

Take Papelbon off our hands. Please.

Maybe.

Castro has the goods though he & Osuna are on a mild pitch/appearance clock for 2015. Yes it is Alex & Gibbons' job on the line yet word is that call is not theirs to make.

I've got both Cecil & Castro on my fantasy team, I'd love to see Castro win the job soon so I can ditch Cecil. Committee closing isn't good enough this year I'm afraid.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Atlanta completed the sweep of Miami last night. This solid opening for them was a pleasant surprise and I hope they keep up the good work for their first home series against the Mets.

ICXC NIKA

These players will be honored in a pregame ceremony before the All Star game.

If elected, will Pete Rose be allowed to attend?

I wouldn't bet on it.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/svg/troll-ba-dum-tss.svg

Good one.

The new commissioner already said Pete Rose would be able to participate in All-Star game ceremonies with it being in Cincinnati.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Happy on Opening Day, but then I guess the wagon slowed down a bit as Anaheim (I refuse to call the Angels the 'Los Angeles Angels' because they don't play in Los Angeles, they play in Anaheim) took two out of three.

I know it's early, but I can't help but think that maybe the hype might be a bad sign of things to come...

Archived