2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what I see with the Minnesota Twins. They continue to play like this, they're going to the playoffs.

They won't. But you should like what you see.

Don't get me wrong; I am enjoying it and we should enjoy it. They are putting up a lot of runs and are getting just enough pitching (and Perkins even has a 4-out save, which would never have happened under Gardy). But I just read that the Twins lead MLB in batting average with RISP and two outs. That kinda stuff tends not to hold up.

And the Twins are probably still that one MLB team where the AL manager is going to have say "ugh; who am I gonna pick from that team?" Nobody is really having a monster year.

I don't think the playoffs is a realistic notion. But not losing 90 games is. And maybe even .500. They are beating up on some weaker teams. That's not a slight; it's important to be able to do that. A .500 or so year would be nice. They are not going to go from 92, 96, 96, and 99 losses over the last four years to .500 is a move in the right direction. And in a couple of years, particularly if Buxton and/or Sano move along nicely, who knows...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Dude, if you're considering anything Trevor Plouffe does EPIC, I don't know what to tell you. Wouldn't it be better to see Kershaw face someone who's actually good? I'd be more interested in watching the Remains of Joe Mauer batting against Kershaw than some random guy.

The Twins have looked better, but they're still far from a good team. And it's moot since we know Kershaw will once again get bombed by the Cardinals in the playoffs, anyway.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For a guy who's been such a master at talking without actually saying anything, I'm surprised Posada got so tongue tied with his non-answers.

He should know the drill by now. Its given that you say your against PED's, but you never EVER call anyone out by name.

In Posada's defense though, he's been out of the game for almost four years now, so its possible his media game is a little rusty. Hopefully down the road in his book tour, we'll see him give the same quality interviews he gave throughout his career. Answers so mundane and by the book they make you wonder why the reporter even bothered with the interview in the first place. That's the Jorge I grew up watching and not paying attention to in the media.

I know Posada is making efforts to say he was misquoted and that him and Arod are still on good terms, but its too late. Because of this gaffe, Patrick Ewing will remain the most boring great player in New York sports history, although I wonder how much longer he'll be able to hold off Lundqvist. If he can resist the urge of using his Twitter to talk about anything besides his masks and his charity, and keep coming up with quotes like "some guys are bigger then others" he may one day pass Ewing.

For a guy who's been such a master at talking without actually saying anything, I'm surprised Posada got so tongue tied with his non-answers.

He should know the drill by now. Its given that you say your against PED's, but you never EVER call anyone out by name.

In Posada's defense though, he's been out of the game for almost four years now, so its possible his media game is a little rusty. Hopefully down the road in his book tour, we'll see him give the same quality interviews he gave throughout his career. Answers so mundane and by the book they make you wonder why the reporter even bothered with the interview in the first place. That's the Jorge I grew up watching and not paying attention to in the media.

I know Posada is making efforts to say he was misquoted and that him and Arod are still on good terms, but its too late. Because of this gaffe, Patrick Ewing will remain the most boring great player in New York sports history, although I wonder how much longer he'll be able to hold off Lundqvist. If he can resist the urge of using his Twitter to talk about anything besides his masks and his charity, and keep coming up with quotes like "some guys are bigger then others" he may one day pass Ewing.

Despite A-Rod's faults, he is one of the greatest athletes of the modern era. A-Rod has accomplished such goals that some can't in a Jiffy. Posada is right. He won't be in the HOF. He will go down as one of the greatest athletes to walk the face of the Earth.

I want championships!

I want to see a Twins-Dodgers WS. That would be so sweet.

Ok, hop in the time travel machine and go to 1965.

No, I want it now. To see Trevor Plouffe facing Clayton Kershaw? That would be EPIC.

So you'd hypothetically rather watch current Trevor Plouffe and Clayton Kershaw than Harmon Killebrew and Sandy Koufax in their prime? :therock:

Ok…

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

No, I want it now. To see Trevor Plouffe facing Clayton Kershaw? That would be EPIC.
Trevor Plouffe? Trevor. Plouffe. He's nothing more than an onomatopoeia!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

So you'd hypothetically rather watch current Trevor Plouffe and Clayton Kershaw than Harmon Killebrew and Sandy Koufax in their prime? :therock:

Ok…

Bro, Plouffe is legit. He can play. He has swag, and he's part of the Big Three of the Twins, next to Hunter and Mauer.

I want championships!

Ok…

Bro, Plouffe is legit. He can play. He has swag , and he's part of the Big Three of the Twins, next to Hunter and Mauer.

And with that I completely lost interest in what you were saying.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Ok…

Bro, Plouffe is legit. He can play. He has swag, and he's part of the Big Three of the Twins, next to Hunter and Mauer.

Suddenly the mystery as to why Minnesota has been so atypically awful recently begins to solve itself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived