2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sitting here watching the 1974 MLB All-Star Game on YouTube, and a few random thoughts came to mind...

1. I really like uniforms without NOB's. Especially those teams that used 10" numbers and had to shrink them to make room for the name.

2. At one point in the game, Joe Garagiola says over a shot of Thurman Munson, "for a catcher, he sure can run," to which I sadly immediately thought, "Yeah. Too bad he couldn't fly."

3. Three Rivers Stadium, by today's standards, was CAVERNOUS.

4. Seeing Reggie Jackson swinging a bat at as Oakland A is a treat, but seeing Whitey Herzog and Frank Robinson in Angels uniforms caught me off-guard.

nav-logo.png

So Angels TV play by play man Victor Rojas is taking an early All Star Break this weekend. That means radio PbP guy Terry Smith moves up to TV. And who moves into the radio slot? Well it's the former host of "Blind Date" and all around bag of :censored: Roger Lodge.

Wonderful.

And a BIG congrats to my high school football teammate Robert Refsynder on making his major league debut for the New York Yankees tonight in Boston. He went 0-3 and opened his MLB career by hitting into a double play, but still, a Laguna Hills Hawk made the majors. Go get 'em Ref!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Teammates with Refsnyder huh? That's cool!

Yup! He was a big goof back in high school, but damn if he didn't make up for it with his pure athleticism. He's actually got a great story when it comes to his family life too. Good kid. Happy to see he finally made it up there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Why I hate all-star voting was summed up today. Kershaw misses the first cut. Kershaw misses the fan vote. Kershaw makes it anyway with Scherzer starting today.

The whole fan vote for a game with implications thing aside... Can't they at least disallow pitchers from the final vote? It's inevitable that whatever pitchers are in that group are going to make the team with the Sunday starter rule. Who are we trying to kid here? All this does is give the talking heads a bunch of snub stories that end up being moot in a few days.

VmWIn6B.png

Anaheim people - what's the deal with the Angels? I've read comments are various places about Moreno being a turd, Scioscia quitting or being fired, the GM quitting or being fired, but I haven't heard the whole story. Considering the Angels are in first place, I imagine it's all due to politics.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The lineups for the All Star Game have been released. Something that I find interesting is Adam Jones playing in LF. To the best of my knowledge, Jones has never played any other outfield position other than CF. (he was a SS prospect with the Mariners)

Teammates with Refsnyder huh? That's cool!

Yup! He was a big goof back in high school, but damn if he didn't make up for it with his pure athleticism. He's actually got a great story when it comes to his family life too. Good kid. Happy to see he finally made it up there.

And he hit a homer on Sunday. Not a bad way to start your career as a Yankee, hitting a home run in Fenway.

I know that sculpture doesn't specifically state it, but in general the Reds have to come to terms with the fact that they were NOT formed in 1869.

Who cares? Cincinnati has had professional baseball since 1869.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived