Gary

2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

From what I'm reading about those two Giants prospects that's actually a pretty good return for Mikey Leakey.

Jocketty's been able to pull some nice value out of these guys, but it still sucks to be a deadline seller.

Also, last night Brandon Phillips was the first player in major league history with two home runs, 4 total hits, 2 stolen bases and 7 or more RBI's.

I think you're going to like Adam Duvall. He's played well enough to have earned a spot on the big league club, but there was just no room for him. Hopefully the Reds can get the most out of him, because the Giants pretty much showed that they simply weren't going to do that.

Losing Mella definitely stings. He's got the potential to be a solid #2 guy for a long time, or even a #1 starter at some point in his career.

But that's the price you pay for trying to be consistently competitive. Even if the Giants did just walk away from two future major league starters to rent Mike Leake, it's all in the name of trying to be competitive now. I can take making some bad trades here and there considering the alternative for the Giants has been winning titles with table scraps.

Blue Jays get Ben Revere from the Phillies.

Seriously, how do they have this many pieces to trade for all these players?? They must have had some phenominal drafts lately. Tip of the hat to them for going for it.

Although, it almost makes me wonder how good they'd be if they have just kept all the prospects/players from the Dickey, Donaldson, Tulo, Price, Revere trades... (although I have no idea who they gave up for Revere yet, we'll see). But yeah, good prospects be damned it's hard to say no to that left side of the infield.

Orioles DFA Bud Norris to make room for Parra

That suggests to me that they're trying to add a pitcher, with Parmalee taking the fall if they do (or maybe Lough).

And they get to keep Wheeler. Nice!

Any O's fans want to fill me in on Tommy Hunter?

Any O's fans want to fill me in on Tommy Hunter?

he isn't exactly the most shut down setup man

BTW, thanks for Lake. I think he'll fit in just fine.

Blue Jays get Ben Revere from the Phillies.

Seriously, how do they have this many pieces to trade for all these players?? They must have had some phenominal drafts lately. Tip of the hat to them for going for it.

Although, it almost makes me wonder how good they'd be if they have just kept all the prospects/players from the Dickey, Donaldson, Tulo, Price, Revere trades... (although I have no idea who they gave up for Revere yet, we'll see). But yeah, good prospects be damned it's hard to say no to that left side of the infield.

It wouldn't take a big "piece" to get Ben Reverre.

They probably sent the Phillies a couple Cuban cigars and a customized maple leafs jersey.

BTW, thanks for Lake. I think he'll fit in just fine.

With the Cubs outfield (Chi & Iowa) being a total logjam, especially with Schwarber now getting time in left, I never saw Lake coming back to big league squad as a starter. Plus, middle (ANY!) relief was a bigtime need for the Cubs.

Best of luck to Junior in his future endeavors.

Does anybody remember this little quip on page 1:

The Jays will hit more HRs than anyone... & finally get into the playoffs.

I'd love for that to happen, but you can't get into the playoffs without a pitching staff.

Well,they have it now!

They probably sent the Phillies a couple Cuban cigars and a customized maple leafs jersey.

lols... if a Phillies exec was caught wearing a Leafs jersey they'd be banned from the state.

I'd love for that to happen, but you can't get into the playoffs without a pitching staff.

Well,they have it now!

Do I win anything?

Well,they have it now!

Do I win anything?

David Price.

And the Mets walk off. Wilmer Flores deilvers. 2-1 Mets win.

Sports can be really :censored:ing awesome, sometimes. I'm happy for him right now, he deserved it.

That was unreal, you could not sell that to Hollywood

A Jays-Astros playoff series would be pretty intense.

lols... if a Phillies exec was caught wearing a Leafs jersey they'd be banned from the state.

Well,they have it now!
Do I win anything?
Hey, I mentioned the pitching staff!

It would also be a nice addition to rare playoff uniform matchups lols.

I agree. Think of it as old (Jays) vs new (Astros).