Gary

2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

A Jays-Astros playoff series would be pretty intense.

I agree. Think of it as old (Jays) vs new (Astros).
Lol, In what universe would the Jays be considered the "Old" franchise in that scenario?

The Blue Jays as a franchise are 15 years YOUNGER than the Astros, and haven't been to the playoffs in over two decades (while the Astros have been to the playoffs as recently as ten years ago).

And is the average age of each roster really THAT different?

Not sure how intensely accurate this is, as it came from a quick google search, but according to this website, the Astros average age is actually OLDER than the Blue Jays.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/236223/major-league-baseball-clubs-by-average-age-of-players/

A Jays-Astros playoff series would be pretty intense.

I agree. Think of it as old (Jays) vs new (Astros).
Lol, In what universe would the Jays be considered the "Old" franchise in that scenario?

The Blue Jays as a franchise are 15 years YOUNGER than the Astros, and haven't been to the playoffs in over two decades (while the Astros have been to the playoffs as recently as ten years ago).

And is the average age of each roster really THAT different?

Not sure how intensely accurate this is, as it came from a quick google search, but according to this website, the Astros average age is actually OLDER than the Blue Jays.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/236223/major-league-baseball-clubs-by-average-age-of-players/

Ohhhhh................I get it now.never mind.

Maybe he meant old as in it's getting old that everyone thinks the Blue Jays might as well be declared World Champions right now.

I'll always think they'll be in the World Series right now but the East is a very competive divison but they are in a really good spot for a wild card but I think the O's will get it at season's end.

Cardinals.

Braves too, a little bit. But still mostly the Cardinals.

Cardinals.

Braves too, a little bit. But still mostly the Cardinals.

Reverse that.

Memphis and the western third of Tennessee is Cardinals territory. Nashville and eastward, it's all Braves. (I've been to enough bars and restaurants in Nashville to see that they show support for the Braves more than any other team.) That nothingness between Nashville and Memphis is split between the two, and a little bit of Reds fandom near Knoxville.

You're probably right. Everyone I know is from Memphis or around that area, so that's probably why I see so many Cards fans.

I know a good amount of Rangers fans from Tennessee too, but they're all transplants.

I'm wondering how many times Bryce Harper has been ejected in his career. It's seems like it happens too often.

I'm wondering how many times Bryce Harper has been ejected in his career. It's seems like it happens too often.

How about Tony La Russa?

Six

http://sny.stats.com/mlb/recap.asp?g=350731121&final=true

How about Tony La Russa?

87 as a manager

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/5/8/5683262/baseball-manager-ejections-mlb

six is not much for brice harper.

As for La Russa,I expected him to be with about 100.

Worst umpiring I've seen in a baseball game ever.

Volquez hits Donaldson, gets warned.

Volquez almost hits Donaldson again. Jawing off between teams.

Madson hits Tulowitzki. Words again.

Madson almost hits Donaldson, Gibbons ejected.

Blue Jays' Sanchez hits Escobar after strike zone shrinks from massive to tiny, obvious accident. Sanchez tossed, Jays replacement manager Hale tossed. Bench brawl. No Royals tossed.

What. The. Hell.

Worst umpiring I've seen in a baseball game ever.

Volquez hits Donaldson, gets warned.

Volquez almost hits Donaldson again. Jawing off between teams.

Madson hits Tulowitzki. Words again.

Madson almost hits Donaldson, Gibbons ejected.

Blue Jays' Sanchez hits Escobar after strike zone shrinks from massive to tiny, obvious accident. Sanchez tossed, Jays replacement manager Hale tossed. Bench brawl. No Royals tossed.

What. The. Hell.

Are we sure these are the real umps?

That's an... Interesting strike zone.

I've watched all 3 of the Mets games this weekend and I gotta say, they're a pretty exciting team to watch. I've stopped following this season since the Sox are a lost cause this year, but the Mets are certainly reviving my interest in this season. I'm definitely pulling for them the rest of the way.

A nice weekend in baseball. The Giants and Rangers go back and forth in their rivalry, benches clear, the Yankees show the baseball world that the are back in business, and the Cardinals/Yankees WS is a reality for the first time in 3 years; and some powerful trades. What a week.

A nice weekend in baseball. The Giants and Rangers go back and forth in their rivalry, benches clear, the Yankees show the baseball world that the are back in business, and the Cardinals/Yankees WS is a reality for the first time in 3 years; and some powerful trades. What a week.

3 years is such a long time...