2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:censored: Jim Wolf.

I can't complain much, we won.

I loved Buck's reaction to the Sanchez ejection. "Wha-YOU CAN'T THROW HIM OUT FOR THAT! THAT'S AWFUL"

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

A nice weekend in baseball. The Giants and Rangers go back and forth in their rivalry, benches clear, the Yankees show the baseball world that the are back in business, and the Cardinals/Yankees WS is a reality for the first time in 3 years; and some powerful trades. What a week.

What the heck is with you and the possibility of a Cards-Yanks Series that makes you act as though it were the Second Coming for some reason?

A nice weekend in baseball. The Giants and Rangers go back and forth in their rivalry, benches clear, the Yankees show the baseball world that the are back in business, and the Cardinals/Yankees WS is a reality for the first time in 3 years; and some powerful trades. What a week.

What the heck is with you and the possibility of a Cards-Yanks Series that makes you act as though it were the Second Coming for some reason?

It's the one World Series matchup in which History's Greatest MonstersTM would not be considered the bad guys.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know what's funny? My MLB exposure is Mariners games and these boards. Based on Tank's postings, I assumed the Mets were having a terrible season and were hopelessly out of it (like Seattle).

Instead they're tied for first! Some people just can't seem to enjoy sports.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is there a Mets fan on these boards? I would be suprised if the Mets won their division.

Humans of CCSLC

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know what's funny? My MLB exposure is Mariners games and these boards. Based on Tank's postings, I assumed the Mets were having a terrible season and were hopelessly out of it (like Seattle).

So did you watch the Mariners vs. the Twins? I was excited that to have a four-gamer without King Felix. But the Twins made it look like the Mariners have about four King Felixes. I had never heard of Taijuan Walker until he ruined my one "super good seats" night of the year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

DG_Now that is the entire Mets fan base we are waiting for something terrible to happen, just two weeks ago they had a line up with four batters under .200 facing Clayton Kershaw.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So did you watch the Mariners vs. the Twins? I was excited that to have a four-gamer without King Felix. But the Twins made it look like the Mariners have about four King Felixes. I had never heard of Taijuan Walker until he ruined my one "super good seats" night of the year.

I followed scores but didn't watch the games.

Walker has been hit or miss this season. He started out awful, but has been better as the season has progressed.

Felix of late has been amazing or terrible, with not much in between. He's supposed to be the anchor, but there really hasn't been. Luckily Montgomery and Walker are showing potential as future decent-to-good starters.

The Ms real problem this season has been relief. Starters are good on the whole, but relief pitchers are completely undependacle. Rodney is officially done as a top-level closer, and not much better in late relief.

Sadly, after all those predictions of a Mariners World Series, it's another wait until next year season. Doubly frustrating that the Astros figured it out way faster than Seattle - and they've been hacked!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

DG_Now that is the entire Mets fan base we are waiting for something terrible to happen, just two weeks ago they had a line up with four batters under .200 facing Clayton Kershaw.

Vikings fan base is the same...when you've been burned enough you try not to get too excited.

Back in the Metrodome days, I was listening to (whoever on sports radio) discuss why the Dome had so much more history of getting super loud for the Twins than the Vikes. It was suggested that during Viking games fans were waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think that's probably true. I am not saying it's the right approach but it is kinda human/fan nature

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I followed scores but didn't watch the games.

Walker has been hit or miss this season. He started out awful, but has been better as the season has progressed.

Felix of late has been amazing or terrible, with not much in between. He's supposed to be the anchor, but there really hasn't been. Luckily Montgomery and Walker are showing potential as future decent-to-good starters.

The Ms real problem this season has been relief. Starters are good on the whole, but relief pitchers are completely undependacle. Rodney is officially done as a top-level closer, and not much better in late relief.

Sadly, after all those predictions of a Mariners World Series, it's another wait until next year season. Doubly frustrating that the Astros figured it out way faster than Seattle - and they've been hacked!

I know Cano is out...but when they announced the lineup my reaction was "who are these guys." Nelson Cruz hit a couple of Target Field home runs with the Rangers that still have not landed but the rest of them ?????.

For all but the first of the four games, they did not really need them, or the bullpen.

POTD (Shared)

Monday, August 3: 1:30 EDT...

I am sure this is obvious but why on Earth the Twins and Blue Jays playing a day game on a Monday?

POTD (Shared)

Monday, August 3: 1:30 EDT...

I am sure this is obvious but why on Earth the Twins and Blue Jays playing a day game on a Monday?

Civic Holiday

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived