2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to those wonderful Dodgers, the Cubs basically gained nothing on the Pirates this weekend.

is that Jack White? That looks like Jack White.

I think it's a female, or trans.
I don't know, that looks a lot like Jack White.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Thanks to those wonderful Dodgers, the Cubs basically gained nothing on the Pirates this weekend.

sad-jack-white.jpg

is that Jack White? That looks like Jack White.

I've seen many many memes on that,and I don't want back in my brain,when the Cubs are hotter than Death Valley.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Annnnndddddddd Toronto swept the Yanks. The AL East is gonna be interesting down the stretch.

I think Sportsnet said the Yankees hadn't been shut out 2 games in a row since 1999.

We know what happened in the end of that season! :D

The telling number here is not 2 games but 26 straight innings without scoring a run, almost 3 games, the first time since 1908 when they were named Highlanders and finished 8th. Coincidentally, that was the last year The Cubs won the series.

Guess I was a part of witnessing history last night. We went to the Braves game in Tampa.

Not only was the game a brisk two hours-and-change and under 200 pitches were thrown during the game (which includes Tampa's sticking to the plan of taking out the starter early....despite he only having thrown 69 pitches when he got taken out in the 8th inning), but all 15 games yesterday resulted in the home team winning. First time all 15 home teams won on the same day, and first occurrence of a full slate of games being swept by the home team since 1914.

Guess I was a part of witnessing history last night. We went to the Braves game in Tampa.

Not only was the game a brisk two hours-and-change and under 200 pitches were thrown during the game (which includes Tampa's sticking to the plan of taking out the starter early....despite he only having thrown 69 pitches when he got taken out in the 8th inning), but all 15 games yesterday resulted in the home team winning. First time all 15 home teams won on the same day, and first occurrence of a full slate of games being swept by the home team since 1914.

That was when the St Louis Browns was in extinence and the Yankees wasn't the Evil Empire.

Also,when was the last time all of the road teams won on the same day?

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Blue Jays move into first in the AL East. Can they stay there? We'll see, but they're the hottest team in baseball, with the best offence and a pitching staff playing better than 90% of the majors. I haven't experienced this much excitement for sports in Toronto in a long long time.

1zqy8ok.gif

I hate rizzo

I hate that the Padres gave up Rizzo...

About that, how is that bag of magic beans doing?

Providing tons of off field hijinks to enjoy. His on field pitching performances however have been lacking this season.

Archived