California AHL teams (San Diego added)

McElroy19

It took me this long to clue in that the Condor's head is the oil drop, so I like it even more! And I thing the double orange wings work best but maybe the darker tone could be slightly darker? Maybe it's my phone...

The Gulls is a very surprising approach and l love it, not sure how San Diegans (is that the proper demonym?) would like it though.

...San Diegons.....San Diegonites?

It took me this long to clue in that the Condor's head is the oil drop, so I like it even more! And I thing the double orange wings work best but maybe the darker tone could be slightly darker? Maybe it's my phone...

The Gulls is a very surprising approach and l love it, not sure how San Diegans (is that the proper demonym?) would like it though.

San Diegan(s) is the correct demonym.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I'm actually holding out hope for the San Jose Barracudas.

Someone suggested San Jose Remoras. Which makes sense when you consider that an AHL team is kind of like a Remora to an NHL squad cleaning out the dead weight from time to time but also providing benefits like growing their nearly NHL talent. That's if they decide to stay Shark related for the team.

Golden Seals is still my favorite for their AHL team. And it also has the benefit of being nautically related.

Very nice design for the Gulls.

In other news, I'm still scratching my head as to why the Sharks didn't move their AHL team to Fresno.

or San Francisco

No where to play in San Francisco. The Cow Palace is a non-starter as its where teams go to die.

Someone suggested San Jose Remoras. Which makes sense when you consider that an AHL team is kind of like a Remora to an NHL squad cleaning out the dead weight from time to time but also providing benefits like growing their nearly NHL talent. That's if they decide to stay Shark related for the team.

Golden Seals is still my favorite for their AHL team. And it also has the benefit of being nautically related.

In other news, I'm still scratching my head as to why the Sharks didn't move their AHL team to Fresno.

or San Francisco

No where to play in San Francisco. The Cow Palace is a non-starter as its where teams go to die.

Well when the Warriors finish their new arena they can play there

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

or San Francisco

That may be one option they're considering long term. Sacramento's new arena might also work. As would the then tenantless Oracle Arena in Oakland or the proposed small arena at the Sharks practice facility in South San Jose. There is no shortage of future option for the Sharks AHL squad. Problem is there is a shortage of current options since the 4 facilities I listed aren't built yet and the Cow Palace is an overpriced dump in a VERY bad neighborhood. I mean it's the only venue I've ever visited where I've watched two drug deals going on and a hooker getting out of a car all at the same time at the intersection where you turn into the parking lot 30 minutes before game time.

or San Francisco

That may be one option they're considering long term. Sacramento's new arena might also work. As would the then tenantless Oracle Arena in Oakland or the proposed small arena at the Sharks practice facility in South San Jose. There is no shortage of future option for the Sharks AHL squad. Problem is there is a shortage of current options since the 4 facilities I listed aren't built yet and the Cow Palace is an overpriced dump in a VERY bad neighborhood. I mean it's the only venue I've ever visited where I've watched two drug deals going on and a hooker getting out of a car all at the same time at the intersection where you turn into the parking lot 30 minutes before game time.

Fair point. I was at two bulls games and saw two people "on a power play" (Too many kids so i don't wanna get banned) in the seats behind my family's section during both.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

I wish they would move the team to fresno, Savemart Center is a great arena with plenty of space. After a messy ordeal between the last hockey team and the city, it doesn't look like hockey will return to Fresno anytime soon.

The black/gold/maroon Condors logo is great. I'd hate to see the Condors name leave Bakersfield.

Archived