Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really digging that set! its so simple, yet it works very well! my only complaint is that at first, the "N" looks like an "AV". All in all great set!

The "N" looking like an "AV" is certainly a problem I have indeed noticed, but it's too late to change the angling of it now! Glad you liked it all, though!

I have an idea for a sponsor. Evergreen Inn & Suites. And they can sponsor Cape Harriton SC.

I'll certainly take it, sir! I'm going to rename the creatively-named Eastshore SC to your Cape Harriton SC with Evergreen Inn & Suites as the sponsor. Do you possible have any design motifs for the team identity in mind? That'd be greatly appreciated. :)

The crest reminds me of Napoli a little bit

It kinda certainly does, with the "N" and everything...

This ranks in my top 10, and not just because I am a Paris-St. Germain fan. Great set!

Thank you, sir! And glad you liked a team inspired by your favorite team!

----------------------------------------------------

League I

Central City SC

Central City, New Mifaria

Founded: 1961

Last Promoted: 2005

Championships: 1

16944021079_633ab940da_c.jpg

Central City SC was pretty much basically the first soccer logo I have ever made, way before I even considered doing a soccer league, making an appearance in my Hunter Stadium concept from April last year. I kept all the basic elements of that logo in this incarnation, with the shape representing home plate in a baseball stadium (a nod to its roommate baseball team) with the two mountains behind the stadium in the top half of the logo.

The home jersey is heavily based on the new Arsenal third kit, which I really liked, and used the team's colors of brown and orange and extended the stripes to the top of the jersey. The clash jersey uses the home plate motif in using chevrons to extend this shape down the jersey, with an orange gradient starting from the top and fading to white on the bottom. The kits are supplied by Puma (like that Arsenal kit) and the sponsor is the Hunter biscuit company, which also lends its name to the stadium the team plays in.

~ Daryl

really digging that set! its so simple, yet it works very well! my only complaint is that at first, the "N" looks like an "AV". All in all great set!

The "N" looking like an "AV" is certainly a problem I have indeed noticed, but it's too late to change the angling of it now! Glad you liked it all, though!

I have an idea for a sponsor. Evergreen Inn & Suites. And they can sponsor Cape Harriton SC.

I'll certainly take it, sir! I'm going to rename the creatively-named Eastshore SC to your Cape Harriton SC with Evergreen Inn & Suites as the sponsor. Do you possible have any design motifs for the team identity in mind? That'd be greatly appreciated. :)

The crest reminds me of Napoli a little bit

It kinda certainly does, with the "N" and everything...

This ranks in my top 10, and not just because I am a Paris-St. Germain fan. Great set!

Thank you, sir! And glad you liked a team inspired by your favorite team!

----------------------------------------------------

League I

Central City SC

Central City, New Mifaria

Founded: 1961

Last Promoted: 2005

Championships: 1

16944021079_633ab940da_c.jpg

Central City SC was pretty much basically the first soccer logo I have ever made, way before I even considered doing a soccer league, making an appearance in my Hunter Stadium concept from April last year. I kept all the basic elements of that logo in this incarnation, with the shape representing home plate in a baseball stadium (a nod to its roommate baseball team) with the two mountains behind the stadium in the top half of the logo.

The home jersey is heavily based on the new Arsenal third kit, which I really liked, and used the team's colors of brown and orange and extended the stripes to the top of the jersey. The clash jersey uses the home plate motif in using chevrons to extend this shape down the jersey, with an orange gradient starting from the top and fading to white on the bottom. The kits are supplied by Puma (like that Arsenal kit) and the sponsor is the Hunter biscuit company, which also lends its name to the stadium the team plays in.

~ Daryl

I'm thinking dark green, orange, and maybe a little light green. For the jersey design maybe go with an LA Galaxy style 'sash'. Again you do an amazing job with every team! I can't wait for the rest to come!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

YES!! The gradients in this thread just prove that you are the master of the colored pencil!

I've gradually figured out gradients with colored pencils (pun not intended), with one part of the gradient solidly colored with me coloring it lighter and lighter as I go down the gradient, possibly into another color. Glad you liked all the gradients!

Nice! I really love the crest, but I'm surprised that the sponsor is a biscuit company!

Glad you liked the Central City crest! I decided to make Hunter a biscuit company because my friend (who suggested the name for Hunter Stadium in the first place) really likes Oreos, so I made her her own company to make such cookies. Haha...

I'm thinking dark green, orange, and maybe a little light green. For the jersey design maybe go with an LA Galaxy style 'sash'. Again you do an amazing job with every team! I can't wait for the rest to come!

Alrighty, that should be interesting to work with! I'm also thinking of adding some kinda lighthouse motif to it, and I'll see how I'll incorporate the Galaxy "sash" to the jersey design! Thanks for the suggestion, sir! :)

---------------------------------------------------------

League II

SC Montgold

Montgold, Coastania

Founded: 1956

Last Promoted: 1997

Last Relegated: 2004

Championships: 0

17142610225_1d8b2a5a8e_c.jpg

The crest for SC Montgold is an abstract literalization of the name "Montgold", French for "gold mountain". The top of the crest is supposed to be the actual "mountain" part of the crest, with "MG" going down the kite-shaped crest.

The home jersey shows the "gold mountain" part of this identity, with gold the predominant color. The clash jersey is a color reverse of the home, with a "stream" pattern based on the crest shape instead of the gold mountain on the torso. The kits are supplied by Galuken and the sponsor is Nokia*.

League II

Bellin SC

Caperine, Coastania

Founded: 1959

Last Promoted: 2006

Last Relegated: 1985

Championships: 0

16954835688_7d6f8a52cb_c.jpg

Montgold's main rival not too far to the north. Bellin SC's crest is another literalization of the city name, with a bell motif going throughout. After some indecision, I settled with a light blue/light purple color scheme (I originally wanted to do an Aston Villa color scheme, but I didn't wanna rip off the old maroon Phillies jerseys). The crest is obviously, well, a bell.

The home jersey is a light blue/light purple hooped kit, with a light blue back, light violet sleeves, and sky blue trim. The clash emphasizes the sky blue more, with the waves being the sounds of bells being rung. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Kia*.

* Here's the story about the sponsorships of these two rival teams: When SC Montgold added Nokia as its jersey sponsor in 2003, Bellin SC - with their clever sense of humor - signed Kia to a sponsorship deal in 2004. Nowadays, the sponsorships have pretty much been cemented, with Bellin fans claiming that they're the better team because they "have the Kia that they [Montgold] don't". Montgold fans have responded by saying that they're the more invincible team, having Nokia as a sponsor and all. And this rivalry between these two teams continue...

---------------------------------------------------------

Before I end tonight's post, i'd like to ask for a few suggestions from y'all. What color schemes and design motifs would you guys like to see me tackle next? I still have just about 51 teams left to do, so suggestions would definitely be a great help! Sponsorship ideas would be great too, at the same time.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Tartans/plaid :P

Double blue hoops

Denim shorts - the idea came from someone's thread.

I would like to see more tame designs. Give yourself a break from really out of the box and creative work while still giving the leagues some realism.

Did you have any Lavender and White teams? Lavender shirt with white shorts is nice

And Via wouldn't mine sponsoring more teams :P

I also had an idea for a film company in Tamaria called Pixatope (pix is blue, a rope is green) nothing too fancy for the word mark other than the actual standalone logo being a film reel in the shape of a P.

Both of these sets are good! There is something about the bellin colors that reminds me of a lollipop, but that's a good thing! I would love to see a team that has an orange and navy color scheme if that hasn't been done yet

Both teams look exceptional. I'd like to see a team with a VfL Wolfsburg "X".

Double blue hoops

I would like to see more tame designs. Give yourself a break from really out of the box and creative work while still giving the leagues some realism.

Did you have any Lavender and White teams? Lavender shirt with white shorts is nice

I also had an idea for a film company in Tamaria called Pixatope (pix is blue, a rope is green) nothing too fancy for the word mark other than the actual standalone logo being a film reel in the shape of a P.

I strongly disagree, the tacky jerseys are what gives this league it's true identity. The last thing the soccer world needs is more boring kits

Besides, why should he be less creative? His creativity is what started this thread :)

Fear the future, envy the past

Both of these sets are good! There is something about the bellin colors that reminds me of a lollipop, but that's a good thing! I would love to see a team that has an orange and navy color scheme if that hasn't been done yet

Glad you liked Bellin and its lollipop color scheme! Haha...

And I'll definitely add an orange-and-navy blue team into the mix, probably for Newton to maintain color consistency for that town (the basketball team is already orange-and-blue). Thanks for the suggestion!

I love the Montgold crest! And Montgold has the NoKIA in the sponsor so... And if you could do Bunny the bread company as a sponsor then that would be greatly appreciated!!

I liked the simplicity of the Montgold crest, as well! And I like how you caught onto my sponsorship story. Haha...

I'll definitely add your bread company! I'll try to come up with a bunny/loaf of bread logo, unless you have other ideas you'd like to suggest, that'd be fine too! :)

Both teams look exceptional. I'd like to see a team with a VfL Wolfsburg "X".

Thank you!

Originally, I thought you were talking about their logo, which was nowhere near looking like an "X". Then I Googled it and saw that it's a jersey design. It looks pretty cool and I think I'll use it for a team. Thanks for the suggestion!

Double blue hoops

I strongly disagree, the tacky jerseys are what gives this league it's true identity. The last thing the soccer world needs is more boring kits

Besides, why should he be less creative? His creativity is what started this thread :)

To 1clkgtramg: Those are all some pretty nice ideas you got there! Let's see, I definitely plan on adding some plaid team in the future. Double blue hoops seems like it'd look really cool, I'll tag it along with Bomba Tomba's suggested blue/black/white/gold team. Denim shorts seems a bit too far fetched, even for all the crazy designs in this league. Maybe I could somehow fit a lavender and white team into here (isn't Lewisburg already enough purple? :P), but I could definitely add Pixatope as a sponsor (I don't feel like adding another team for Via is pretty realistic). Oh, and I just realized that East City SC (the very second concept in this thread) could probably qualify as lavender-and-white, perhaps.

Now for both you and rykochriste: Boring and tacky coexist to create balance in this league. That is all. :P

I'm still waiting for "The Dress" team!

Sponsor should be a charity like Barcelona used to do. Real or fake, it's up to you.

Oh don't worry, my friend, that team is still in my agenda, just no specifics in mind yet. Would you like to name this fictional charity, though? :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Granby SC

Granby, New Mifaria

Founded: 1955

Last Promoted: 2007

Championships: 3

16966197240_e4e2fd27c3_c.jpg

Granby is a hip, cultured city in eastern New Mifaria. However, the city soccer team's crest is pretty conservative; a hybrid Italian/German-style crest, with its Italian shape and German single-lettering. The colors are green, white, and black, in keeping with the New Mifarian flag as well as the colors of Granby's baseball team, the Twenties.

The home kit is a simple, green jersey, which I'm very, very surprised I haven't yet done. The clash jersey incorporates a chevron (with the color pattern seen on the crest) on a predominantly black jersey. The kits are supplied by Umbro and the sponsor is Fokai Fashions, an urban fashion company based in Granby.

Only 50 teams left!

~ Daryl

Is Fokai like FuBu (For Us By Us) for indigenous people? For Our Kind Alton Indians... I like that. Of course, this is only assuming that Native Altons are the ones that live in urban areas.

(I'm Cherokee I can make that joke)

Speaking of which, I think a native-themed kit would be very cool. As for Granby you did 1.) make a normal kit look nice and 2.) make a black jersey have legible sponsors, so I applaud you on your work... Great as always!

As for your simulation thing, I'm going to wait it out until all of the teams are posted, but I do have some ideas. ;)

Is Fokai like FuBu (For Us By Us) for indigenous people? For Our Kind Alton Indians... I like that. Of course, this is only assuming that Native Altons are the ones that live in urban areas.

Speaking of which, I think a native-themed kit would be very cool. As for Granby you did 1.) make a normal kit look nice and 2.) make a black jersey have legible sponsors, so I applaud you on your work... Great as always!

As for your simulation thing, I'm going to wait it out until all of the teams are posted, but I do have some ideas. ;)

Like the Damon John, Shark Tank guy FuBu?

awww dang, East City is indeed Lavender haha, I missed the start of this series.

Still gonna be holding on for denim looking shorts... I can dream! That's what being a Tamarian is all about!! :P

also a side point about "boring" designs, maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist but I find they round out leagues, especially in soccer where anyone/team can win in a sense. So you could imagine that some older teams that had basic designs might have moved up recently but kept there look. Also, basic designs can become iconic in their own right i.e. Real Madrid, New York Cosmos, Man City, etc. Of course you are allowed to do what you want, I was just throwing suggestions out there. :)

awww dang, East City is indeed Lavender haha, I missed the start of this series.

Still gonna be holding on for denim looking shorts... I can dream! That's what being a Tamarian is all about!! :P

also a side point about "boring" designs, maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist but I find they round out leagues, especially in soccer where anyone/team can win in a sense. So you could imagine that some older teams that had basic designs might have moved up recently but kept there look. Also, basic designs can become iconic in their own right i.e. Real Madrid, New York Cosmos, Man City, etc. Of course you are allowed to do what you want, I was just throwing suggestions out there. :)

I do agree with Daryl, denim shorts might be toooooo crazy, but maybe a jeans company can make a denim pattern for the kit... I also agree with you that some of the most iconic kits in football/soccer are traditional. But hey, this is Los Altos, remember :)

Like the Damon John, Shark Tank guy FuBu?

Yep, that's the guy!

Archived