Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

Wow! The maps are amazing. Shows the geographic divide between teams on the eastern coast and teams in the west. And Etiwanda is probably in my top 3 for the whole league. Echoing CyGuy5and rykochristie, the chevron pattern and the color scheme really make it special! I would love to see more designs with native motifs and hear more about the native population of Los Altos! I think you would be happy with the results!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like how the crest corresponds to the home kit, well done!

I'm almost done with some player drawings for the league, I'll be sure to dm you the link when I'm done!

Quick question: I've run out of ideas for my own soccer teams, would you mind if I use some of your sponsors? (Via, Standard Bank and Clipper are the ones I'm thinking of at the moment). Also, seeing as my baseball concept got nowhere, I may start up a soccer concept, since I have more team development. Hint hint

Some plaid patterns were suggested by a few, so I decided to switch up the normal plaid design up a bit, at least for the kit and not so much the crest.

Those player drawings sure would be pretty interesting to see; can't wait!

And I totally wouldn't mind at all if you use some of my sponsors! However, Via is a sponsor from 1clkgtramg, but I'm pretty sure he'll happily let you use it! And I look forward to this soccer concept you propose!

Wow! The maps are amazing. Shows the geographic divide between teams on the eastern coast and teams in the west. And Etiwanda is probably in my top 3 for the whole league. Echoing CyGuy5and rykochristie, the chevron pattern and the color scheme really make it special! I would love to see more designs with native motifs and hear more about the native population of Los Altos! I think you would be happy with the results!

The west is surely the more populous (and older) half of Los Altos, though the east certainly has its personalities as well, albeit being more spread apart from each other.

And I'm glad that you, along with several others, like that Etiwanda concept! Surely was a fun one to do! More native-themed teams are to come, with an incoming request calling for one. And along with the Native populations, there is also a large Mifarian population in Los Altos, especially in the east.

Since you're doing sponsorship requests, Vacos Computers would be interested in landing a team. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you a logo.

I'd surely love to have Vacos Computers as a sponsor; please PM me the logo. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Newton 1899

Newton, York

Founded: 1899

Last Promoted: 2003

Championships: 5

17249905682_3b16c168bf_c.jpg

One of the older, more premier teams in the AFS, Newton 1889 (renamed to that from Newton Athletic in 2014, the team's 115th year) embodies the strong civil pride that citizens of Newton have. Admittedly, as much as I can draw pretty much anything else, I just cannot draw animals all too easily. But despite all that, I feel that the lions are well-done here, though obviously not perfectly equal on both sides. In the middle of the crest is a shield that has two important symbols in it: the river that goes through the heart of the city and the tree (with an April Fools' joke that involved apples in the tree remaining a permanent fixture due to its popularity). The lion, as well as some of the color scheme, is shared with the Newton Prides basketball team, as well as being parts of the city flag and coat of arms.

The home kit I tried to make a very traditional and simple look, with its mango-colored sleeves and orange trim that gave the team its nickname, the "Lions", many decades ago. The clash kit incorporates orange trim onto a blue jersey. The kits are supplied by Galuken and the sponsor is Stelburg Financiers.

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

this is just a suggestion, but have you ever considered doing soccer fields like you did baseball parks and basketball courts?

Many people have asked this before, me included! I would love to see it, by with the amount of teams he has to do and the time it takes to make the stuff, it is highly unlikely

I love Newton! I also really like the maps you did! I know how you feel with the drawing animals thing, because I suck at it! Keep up the great work!

Glad you liked Newton as well as the maps!

Drawing animals has always been a pet peeve of mine, and I pretty much cannot do it without using reference pics from the Internet.

damn, Newton's logo is all fancy'd up! I like it.

And someone wanted to use Via, and you may as long as I'm credited of course.

16069215003_36678f3b3c_h.jpg

Certainly what I was trying to go for with Newton, especially with Newton being one of the oldest teams in Alton soccer.

Newton is really nice! I like how the crest is in the middle of the jersey! And those maps are AMAZING!!

The Galuken soccer jersey template requires that the team crest be on the center of the jersey, as the piping forces the Galuken logo to go on the shoulders and the team crest in the middle of the jersey.

Glad you liked the maps as well!!

All-around solid concept. The lions are executed well and the whole presentation is clean. Color choices are unique as always. It will be harder to do, but I would start considering how you can get to the next level!

Glad you liked the Newton identity, my friend!

I've sorta advanced the presentation of my drawings a bit, utilizing Google Drive to make the league-wide presentation stuff such as the maps. For the near future, I'm keeping the actual drawings hand-drawn but I'm adding a bit of digital stuff as well.

This reminds me of a fancy-looking lower-tier English team... Which is great!

The English team look was definitely what I was going for here! Except that this is a legit, League I team. Haha...

this is just a suggestion, but have you ever considered doing soccer fields like you did baseball parks and basketball courts?

Many people have asked this before, me included! I would love to see it, by with the amount of teams he has to do and the time it takes to make the stuff, it is highly unlikely

I'm not currently focusing on doing soccer stadiums, but due to popular demand, I just might do it after I finish all 95 teams. However, I might or might not do all, as I haven't even yet finished all 30 of my baseball stadiums, let alone 95 soccer stadiums. I could probably go a templated format with soccer stadiums (dimensions must be the same for all soccer fields, unlike baseball fields), but it's currently not my main focus as of right now. I'll definitely consider it, though!

------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Albion SC

Albion, Magainy

Founded: 1991

Last Relegated: 2006

Championships: 0

16683328984_7affb59446_c.jpg

Decided to take a break from my soccer series this past weekend, but now I'm back with some more!

I really like the cool "claret" and light blue color combination that some English teams (namely Aston Villa and West Ham, among others) use, so I decided to carry it over to the AFS for Albion, located just across the state line from Granby. The crest is pretty much a very simplified and abstracted version of this angled state line, with the claret representing the New Mifaria and the white triangle "pointing" to Albion's location in the area.

The home kit continues the abstract pattern of the crest and extends it to the whole jersey, with the diagonal piping cleverly used as the border between New Mifaria and Magainy. The clash jersey also incorporates the state line but here, it serves as a divider between the black and white parts of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Puma and the sponsor is Spark Energy Supplement (sponsorship suggested by ECUFan25).

Up next, Hejipe Sakur Kolab (Mifarian for Hejipe Soccer Club)!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Ouuu you have an Albion too!! I like the offset logo, assuming that the crest on the jersey will follow the same patterning on the jersey - meaning the claret and blue split on the jersey will be flush with the crest? I hope I explained that properly lol

Really nice. Again, I like the contrast of colors from the home kit to the change kit!

Thank you, sir! Glad you liked it!

Ouuu you have an Albion too!! I like the offset logo, assuming that the crest on the jersey will follow the same patterning on the jersey - meaning the claret and blue split on the jersey will be flush with the crest? I hope I explained that properly lol

I surely have an Albion, indeed! I see a few of my location names are also in Ontario. Haha...

Hmm, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say about the jersey color split being in "flush with the crest". Can you please elaborate?

-------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Hejipe SK

Hejipe Crossing, Glenvie

Founded: 1958

Last Relegated: 1995

17301303826_5fe9e3e8b1_c.jpg

In keeping with the whole "southeastern Los Altos being practically Mifaria" thing, Hejipe Sakor Kolab (Mifarian for "Hejipe Soccer Club) is another Native-themed team in my league. The Hejipe are a proud group, known for their bravery and valor in battle in both the present and their storied past. The crest is basically a down-facing Hejipan crossbow, with its majestic "feather" decoration on one side and a shield with the Mifarian character for "H" in the middle of it.

The home jersey takes this "feather" decoration and puts it, two-toned, on the jersey, with the right side being maroon and the left being red. The clash jersey uses more traditional art forms in the jersey, with a Hejipan pattern in it; the true Mifarian spelling of "Hejipe" is the hieroglyph-like lettering below the number on the back of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Warrior and the sponsor is BookMike.

Up next, Prairielands SC!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Hejipe looks great! The pattern on the home set is very interesting but you made it look good! Can I get a little more info on BookMike?

Glad you liked Hejipe! As I decided to let Warrior supply this team, I decided to get a bit more extraordinary with the designs, as Warrior is known for such.

As for BookMike, it's a bookstore chain in Los Altos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Prairielands SC

East Jacksonville, Rialto

Founded: 1940

Last Promoted: 2013

Championships: 1

17151557660_6f57a7a5e8_c.jpg

Looking through all my reference pics, which basically involves a lot of the soccer league collections of logos on the mothership, I stumbled upon the logo of Olympique de Marseille, with its cool monogram logo. So I decided to carry that motif over to the number one team (SC Jacksonville is in League II) in the Jacksonville area. The crest is very simply a stylized "PL" monogram.

The home jersey is a very simple one, utilizing the team's colors of black and yellow. The clash jersey is more artistic, with the black pinstripes representing wheat stalks in the fertile prairie, with the yellow on the top representing the sunrise. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Bunny Bread (naming rights thanks to Skinny39).

~ Daryl

EDIT (5/7): Removed the light yellow on the clash jersey's sleeves, as suggested by Philsphan.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Everything about this team looks great

Thank you, sir! :)

--------------------------------------------------------

League II

SC Jacksonville

Jacksonville, Rialto

Founded: 1955

Last Promoted: 1989

Last Relegated: 2015

17361046512_4381b6e0b4_c.jpg

SC Jacksonville shares the Jacksonville, Rialto metropolitan with the older, more successful Prairielands SC. This team identity embraces the brown/gold color scheme associated with the area's agriculture, mainly the ranching industry (the Jacksonville Cattlers baseball team also uses this color scheme). The crest is an abstracted form of interlocking wheatstalks, with two wheatstalks also adorning the sides of the roundel crest.

Originally, I wanted the home kit to be two-toned yellow, but since that looked too much like Sun Valley SC, I decided to keep it all golden yellow with brown stripes. The clash kit is a yellow "V" on a brown jersey. The supplier is Umbro while the sponsor is Telecommunications for the Alton Plains "TAP" (naming rights suggested by reebokNFL, with several tweaks to his original suggestion of Taap Wireless).

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Archived