Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

I honestly have nothing bad to say about any of the concepts. For Crisman Innovations, a fancy word mark with your special touch will be fine!

Thank you! :)

For a company that has "Innovations" in its name, I'll certainly give it a more futuristic-style logo. It would go to either Sheridan or McRitter, or within the next two concepts. Stay tuned! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Chatfield 11

Chatfield, Collinne

Founded: 1954

Last Promoted: 2008

Last Relegated: 2016

Championships: 0

19508638845_69d2169210_c.jpg

A popular symbol synonymous with Chatfield is the silverback gorilla, and is embraced by its sports teams such as the baseball Chatfield Silverbacks and the Chatfield 11. The 11's crest features a gorilla head above a diamond with the C literally embracing the 11* a Chicago Cubs-style "C11" monogram inside of it.

The home kit is a very simple, solid-colored jersey incorporating gray. light blue, and white. The clash kit is popularly referred to by opposing team's fans as the "knock-off Argentina jersey", with vertical light blue and white hoops. The kits are supplied by Galuken and the sponsor is South East Insurance (SEI).

~ Daryl

*A reference to the BS descriptions to a very BSed Los Angeles Clippers "identity"

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost laughed out loud at the LA Clippers reference.

And I really like the concept too. The gorilla is a cool mascot and you executed it well. I like how it perches on top of the crest. The kits are nice too. I would never say no to a solid Argentina knock-off.

I really love both kits, they both look very clean. Can't wait for Crisman Innovations to make an appearance!

Thank you, glad you liked Chatfield! :)

And your latest sponsorship is coming right up~

Eh I don't really like the kit patterns. It's not like they're bad, they just seem more generic than your usual above-excellent work. I like the silver back conn

Frankly, many of these last teams were "filler" teams, or teams that I put in random places to fit the federation's team count of 95. Some teams I've come up with pretty cool stuff for, others not. Other than the gorilla thing, this kinda falls into the "not" category. Also, it's hard to not be more simple with the odd Galuken piping.

However, since you say that, I'll redeem myself with a more extraordinary design here... :)

Looks good as usual!

Thank you! :)

Almost laughed out loud at the LA Clippers reference.

And I really like the concept too. The gorilla is a cool mascot and you executed it well. I like how it perches on top of the crest. The kits are nice too. I would never say no to a solid Argentina knock-off.

The logo was begging for it. :P

A friend of mine actually suggested me to do a gorilla motif for, originally, the baseball team; I decided that that was too cool to not transfer to Chatfield's soccer team and voila! My sketches for Chatfield's logo originally had a smaller, full gorilla underneath a team wordmark in a different shape, but playing around with a diamond design led me to the gorilla's perch. Glad you liked it! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

McRitter Rovers

McRitter, Taft

Founded: 1934

Last Relegated: 2016

18919189554_5daf3e4be7_c.jpg

One of the prettiest lower tier teams you'll find in Los Altos! After a disappointing performance in 2016 resulting in the relegation, the Rovers are easily popular favorites for the promotion after 2017. Now to the crest. I was playing around with this crest shape for Chatfield, but its elements proved too awkward for the 11, so I instead gave it to McRitter. While the four quarters of the shield are fairly self-explanatory, I'd like to point out the lion, paying homage to the region's Spanish heritage, and the pretty cool "McR" monogram I came up with for this team. As for the color scheme, I was originally considering red-and-yellow for McRitter, but similarities to other teams (notably Real Santiago and Sunby), and my wanting of another green-and-yellow team in the league, led to the color scheme here today.

The home kit utilizes the stripes seen in the crest onto a simple yellow jersey; I decided to keep it at two stripes so it wouldn't be confused with Sunby's clash. The clash kit is the interesting one, though, with a unique take on the traditional horizontal hoops: each horizontal band sees a green-to-yellow gradient that reverses going down the hoops. The kits are supplied by Umbro and the sponsor is the local tech company, Crisman Innovations (another sponsorship credited to rykochristie).

That's the last of League III!

Up next are the Sheridan Wanderers, our last League II team, and Premier Cardiff, our last League I team.

Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

Took the time to see it again, and now to comment. Some of them look odd, in fact really crazy, when we think about the trend in soccer jerseys is things like subtle, breathing, technologic. I also missed some light clashes, in colours like sky, white and light yellow that could appear for some clubs. A thing I personally don`t like is the use of brown in some teams. Personally I can’t find brown jerseys good or beautiful after Caribous of Colorado.

About Gradients: Eveything is said. If I knew to do gradients like you, I was finishing my design degree this year.

SC Sunset, despite the name, is a brilliant one. Would like to wear that striped. I’d like to have Air Los Altos as sponsor for some team in my fantasy league.
Personally, I liked a lot the creative approach you took in Homestead. Looks a little strange in a world with too more templates, but is very interesting.
Windport United is a first class logo.
That SC New Mifarian Home. I want two of them, send it via Air mail to "355, 58038-310, Parahyba, Brazil”. Truly beautiful.
Los Altos SC is an uniform I would like to wear. This is classy and remember me nineties. That Alcea logo is very good.
All I said for SC New Mifarian, repeat for St. Catherine. This is absolutely gorgeous, and the logo looks a lot like south american, english and german classic football teams.
Hialena Eleven looks a lot like a J-League team to me, and this is pretty good. If was me, would have made that home shorts white.
THAT PINK AWAY in Sporting Lewisburg is so cute.
Real Santiago is the most usable concept. I even imagined people using this home jersey. I was closing my eyes and seeing it.
Bellin clash is very interesting.
Catherine City SC have both awesome looks. I think is hard to a child choose a team by jersey there.
I love Ethel Jets Home and Colors.
Southshore team is other I liked both jerseys. You work nice with purple and pink shades. This is good.
Glenvile SC is one of my favorites. I’d love to use this color scheme in a team. It also reminds me a lot of rugby.
San Pascual FC is very good. White, Blue and Black are a Killer Combo. This home jersey made me remember “Goal!”, the Movie.
CD de San Juan don`t have the best uniforms, but have one of the best color schemes so far.
Ospey would be one of the best, since I love teal. I understand and support the gay movement, but not on it. :(
And last but not least, Rovers. If you wanted to make it Irish, and I believe you wanted, you made a awesome job. Loved the green
Waiting for the last ones. Thanks for the hour I took writing this comment.

I feel honored to have my family name on such a wonderful jersey. Especially one with gradients. It's a shame my company could only land a deal with a third-tier team... Kidding. While I have to say the the home kit is UMBROtastic and classy as hell... It doesn't hold a candle to the clash. That is a work of art. Agreed with JohnnyRfl, I'd wear most any of these jerseys. Maybe I can find a website that can convert drawings to shirts. Hmmmm...

Fear the future, envy the past

This post very much deserves its own post for its reply... :)

Took the time to see it again, and now to comment. Some of them look odd, in fact really crazy, when we think about the trend in soccer jerseys is things like subtle, breathing, technologic. I also missed some light clashes, in colours like sky, white and light yellow that could appear for some clubs. A thing I personally don`t like is the use of brown in some teams. Personally I can’t find brown jerseys good or beautiful after Caribous of Colorado.

About Gradients: Eveything is said. If I knew to do gradients like you, I was finishing my design degree this year.

The thing I liked about soccer jerseys is that their designs can be between very simple to very extravagant, and there is not much a style that would "offend" the sport's design order (unlike say baseball, with very traditional design styles). Also, colors can be really out there, as well.

As for the use of brown, I acknowledge your opinion on that color. I myself really like that color, and that color, when combined with some other colors, can create really nice and underrated color schemes. (Good lord those Caribous jerseys are bad...)

Gradients are actually fairly simple to do with colored pencils. Just start with solidly coloring one part and gradually lightening the coloring of that color as you go down that gradient.

SC Sunset, despite the name, is a brilliant one. Would like to wear that striped. I’d like to have Air Los Altos as sponsor for some team in my fantasy league.

Personally, I liked a lot the creative approach you took in Homestead. Looks a little strange in a world with too more templates, but is very interesting.

Windport United is a first class logo.

If you're referring to the city name, it's a name I came up with when I was much younger. :P If you're referring to the city name, I just thought it'd add some spice to an otherwise generic name. Glad you liked the clash! :)

Homestead was my de facto Art Deco city, so I had to incorporate that into their soccer team's identity.

Glad you liked Windport! :)

That SC New Mifarian Home. I want two of them, send it via Air mail to "355, 58038-310, Parahyba, Brazil”. Truly beautiful.

Los Altos SC is an uniform I would like to wear. This is classy and remember me nineties. That Alcea logo is very good.

All I said for SC New Mifarian, repeat for St. Catherine. This is absolutely gorgeous, and the logo looks a lot like south american, english and german classic football teams.

SC New Mifaria was certainly a patriotic but simple team identity, and so was Los Altos. And if I could, I'd send them to you in Brazil! Los Altos' fictional continent is just off the western South American coast, after all. :)

I like St. Catherine's simplicity, as well. And I did indeed have English and German influences for my team's identities, as well as French and Italian influences. To be honest with you, I didn't have too many South American references in making these identities. :/

Hialena Eleven looks a lot like a J-League team to me, and this is pretty good. If was me, would have made that home shorts white.

THAT PINK AWAY in Sporting Lewisburg is so cute.

Real Santiago is the most usable concept. I even imagined people using this home jersey. I was closing my eyes and seeing it.

I'm actually quite surprised that you say Hialena looks like a Japanese team to you, as I had more of a German influence for it. Interesting connection, though. White shorts might've made the home kit a bit more plain, but I see what you mean there.

Pink jerseys are underrated, indeed. Haha...

Stripes are certainly a common thing seen around soccer designs worldwide, so I'm not all too surprised you say that for Real Santiago.

Bellin clash is very interesting.

Catherine City SC have both awesome looks. I think is hard to a child choose a team by jersey there.

I love Ethel Jets Home and Colors.

Concerning Bellin, sound waves were too cool to not use at least once in my league.

For Catherine City, I went with a more NYCFC, Melbourne City, and Manchester City look for that one, as all those teams are under the same ownership group. Meaning that Catherine City also has light blue and the roundel that those teams (except Manchester for the roundel) have. The light brown makes the look touch down on St. Catherine.

Ethel was certainly a fun one to do. :)

Southshore team is other I liked both jerseys. You work nice with purple and pink shades. This is good.

Glenvile SC is one of my favorites. I’d love to use this color scheme in a team. It also reminds me a lot of rugby.

San Pascual FC is very good. White, Blue and Black are a Killer Combo. This home jersey made me remember “Goal!”, the Movie.

Glad you liked Southshore! I indeed like working with more underrepresented colors, indeed! :)

Oh boy, I absolutely loved the color scheme I chose for Glenvie. They certainly do go well together! And I'm not familiar at all with rugby aesthetics to comment on that part.

Glad you liked San Pascual! And I can surely understand your movie reference from what Google shows me...

CD de San Juan don`t have the best uniforms, but have one of the best color schemes so far.

Ospey would be one of the best, since I love teal. I understand and support the gay movement, but not on it. :(

And last but not least, Rovers. If you wanted to make it Irish, and I believe you wanted, you made a awesome job. Loved the green

Waiting for the last ones. Thanks for the hour I took writing this comment.

I actually felt like I lost a sense of direction in making San Juan's look to give it a sense of nice aesthetics, but its unique, 90s color scheme might've made up for the identity's downfalls. :P

I know Ospey wouldn't be the most supported identity out there, but the team certainly made a bold choice in going with it. Teal is indeed a great color, though. :)

My references for McRitter were actually Norwich City and FC Nantes, as those teams both share the color combo; I didn't use any Irish teams for references at all! Regardless, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to compose this lengthy reply; I appreciate it! :)

~ Daryl

I feel honored to have my family name on such a wonderful jersey. Especially one with gradients. It's a shame my company could only land a deal with a third-tier team... Kidding. While I have to say the the home kit is UMBROtastic and classy as hell... It doesn't hold a candle to the clash. That is a work of art. Agreed with JohnnyRfl, I'd wear most any of these jerseys. Maybe I can find a website that can convert drawings to shirts. Hmmmm...

(Also can anyone explain the clippers reference? I don't quite get it)

Glad I could do you of service here, my friend! :) Trust me, this team is a favorite to promote to League II, so don't worry too much about it being a lower-tier team. Umbro is certainly known for their simple, classy kits, and the clash's gradient was certainly a cool one to work with. And it'd be pretty damn cool to see these as actual shirts. Haha...

As for the Clippers reference, it's to the very ridiculous design-speak for the new Clippers identity, which is all but garbage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Sheridan Wanderers

Sheridan, Glenvie

Founded: 1982

Last Promoted: 2007

Last Relegated: 2013

19543368516_b0938b43ce_c.jpg

Geese! I wanted geese in my league, so here it is! The crest is fairly self-explanatory, with the two geese in the crest forming an "S" for Sheridan. Its heavy resemblance to the crest of South Abrii United was purely accidental.

The home kit is a very simple, blue-and-white kit, very much to the style of Everton home jerseys in England. The clash kit uses the colors of geese and incorporates it onto a jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the famous Missono's Family Market.

Uno mas!

~ Daryl

I agree with CyGuy. The simplicity is what makes it a great kit. It's sad that there is ONLY ONE MORE CONCEPT UNTIL THIS THREAD IS OVER ;)

I get the clippers reference now, haha...

It's so simple, but yet it has a certain factor that makes it great! So sad that this series is almost done , although I can't wait for what's next!

I guess I could say that I could make simplicity great; I really like simple designs, myself.

Although this series is pretty much over, I hope you'll stay tuned for my next series! :)

I agree with CyGuy. The simplicity is what makes it a great kit. It's sad that there is ONLY ONE MORE CONCEPT UNTIL THIS THREAD IS OVER ;)

I get the clippers reference now, haha...

No worries, Cardiff ain't exactly the last thing I do for this series... :)

And as for the Clippers reference, it is indeed some BS...

I absolutely LOVE these last two. They're both a little more simple than your other ones, especially the latest one, but I love them great work

Other than the Rovers clash, I agree that they;re a bit more simple. But then again, I've been running out of ideas, so that's the best I could do. Glad you liked them, though! :)

For Cardiff you should make a 'Best of AFS' theme where you put in all of the best elements from every team and make a megakit!

I actually have something better than a megakit that you speak of coming up... :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Premier Cardiff

Cardiff, York

Founded: 1922

Last Promoted: 2012

Championships: 4

19586577105_6e1a7fb1f0_c.jpg

In all honesty, I named this city in central York way before I realized that the original Cardiff was in Wales and not in England. So we end up here with two Welsh-heritage teams (the other being SC New Cambria). Anywho, this team's identity us very much inspired by the chevrons on the flag of Cardiff, Wales. The dragon on the bottom and the red-and-white (no green, though) are other nods to the Welsh.

The home kit is a fairly simple, two-tone red kit incorporating the chevrons on the flag. The clash kit is a red-on-white pinstriped jersey. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Marlowe, a national cable company in Los Altos.

International

Los Altos National Team

Los Altos, Coastania

Founded: 1904

World Cup Championships: 1

19586579415_c8ac5cc8a3_c.jpg

Surprise! I've been keeping information about this relatively secret, as I have been waiting 'till the very end of this series to release these kits. These kits are what the Altons, backed with many great domestic players, will bring to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. The Altons have one World Cup victory in their possession, beating out Italy in the 1982 World Cup final in Spain. The crest features national colors and a uniquely-styled Alton galuken: the galuken is shaped like a very simplified map of Los Altos and consisting of stripes laid out in the way you would see in the Alton flag.

The home kit has the very iconic orange-and-white hoops for Los Altos, with white shorts to comply with FIFA regulations. The clash kit is a darker, green jerseys with a sash consisting of 18 stars, all to represent the 18 Alton states with the biggest 6 stars representing the original 6 states of the Alton Republic. The font is a modified version (taller and skinnier) of the AFS league font.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a wrap for all the teams in the Alton soccer pyramid, folks! It has certainly been a nice endeavor going through all 96 of these teams, building and/or adding onto each city's histories and cultures. It was certainly great enjoying the freedoms of the purely blank slate of a fictional realm, and translating them onto the canvases of wild (and also traditional) soccer kits. I'd like to thank each and every one of you who commented, suggested, and maybe just lurked these 19 pages of soccer concepts over 4-5 months, and incorporating all of y'all's feedback into my concepts to make this a fairly interactive thread. Thank you! :)

I'm not gonna officially end this thread yet, as I've still got compilations and stuff coming up (I still gotta make 'em).

Before I end this post, I'd like to announce my next endeavor, the California Soccer League! 49 teams spread over 7 geographic divisions in my Golden State as well as a few not too far outside its boundaries (I'll have one southern Oregon team, three Nevada teams, and two western Arizona teams). I won't start it immediately, though, as I don't have any concepts sketched out yet. And I might take a short break from concept-making, too. Regardless, stay tuned! :)

~ Daryl

I'll admit, I had some trouble keeping "team 96" a secret for the past two or so months

The pinstripes are a great addition to Cardiff, but I kinda have to root against them because I myself am a Swansea City fan, and the EPL on has room for ONE welsh team!!!!!!

A bit ironic that kits of the team with an actual galuken in the crest aren't made by Galuken... Haha

Can't wait for your California Soccer concepts! It's been a pleasure to read through your concepts and an honor to have my suggestions incorporated.

I'll admit, I had some trouble keeping "team 96" a secret for the past two or so months

The pinstripes are a great addition to Cardiff, but I kinda have to root against them because I myself am a Swansea City fan, and the EPL on has room for ONE welsh team!!!!!!

A bit ironic that kits of the team with an actual galuken in the crest aren't made by Galuken... Haha

Can't wait for your California Soccer concepts! It's been a pleasure to read through your concepts and an honor to have my suggestions incorporated.

Well, I gotta give props for you for trying to keep it secret! :)

Glad you liked the Cardiff clash, but I can't say anything about Cardiff and Swansea, though... :P

Let's just say that Galuken is still a growing company, though there's rumors that they might supply Los Altos for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar Los Altos.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Alton Federation of Soccer and I hope you'll also enjoy the CSL! :)

That National Team clash kit is pretty cool! One of my favorite series on all the boards, great work!

Thank you! :) Glad you enjoyed this series, my friend! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logo Maps! Basically, each team's logos superimposed on a map of Los Altos...

League I

19592009811_55897b78e4_c.jpg

League II

19561534736_c16a469490_c.jpg

League III

19592014011_d9291808f7_c.jpg

All of these (as well as the upcoming compilations) were done through Google Drive.

~ Daryl

Looking forward to Los Altos 2022. Maybe with that s-o-b Blatter gone we can make this happen! BTW my soccer concept isn't dead, I have just taken a rather long break to get all team identities done (developing history, designing logos and kits, finishing rosters). I guess I just prefer working with a completely finished concept haha.

If you need any help with the CSL, I'll be glad to help!!!

Archived