Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to Los Altos 2022. Maybe with that s-o-b Blatter gone we can make this happen! BTW my soccer concept isn't dead, I have just taken a rather long break to get all team identities done (developing history, designing logos and kits, finishing rosters). I guess I just prefer working with a completely finished concept haha.

If you need any help with the CSL, I'll be glad to help!!!

I honestly don't know if I'll do concepts for the 2022 World Cup in Los Altos, though.

And I surely can't wait to see you get those teams done!

I'll certainly appreciate your help with the CSL in the future. ;)

i think I'm about to cry ^ ^

(o)(o)

'

----

No need to cry, my friend. There'll be more soon...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I've always found compilations pretty cool... :)

Logos

18972044183_cb253c579a_c.jpg

19597286101_c1dfe11e4c_c.jpg

19586042552_0f269846a8_c.jpg

Kits

19592958525_55e79241cd_c.jpg

19404984860_4cd9357a9b_c.jpg

19566792366_62bc374d46_c.jpg

18970391744_4e0d305df8_c.jpg

19592953985_504f84a7e3_c.jpg

19404972158_e72f14a820_c.jpg

With all these compilations posted, I am now officially declaring this series finished. Comments will still be replied to, but there are no more new concepts concerning this specific thread.

Thanks for reading! :)

~ Daryl

Congratulations! The Alton soccer pyramid has been an absolute joy to follow along with. The consistent creativity and variety was enormously impressive and quite a few of your concepts blew me away. The thread definitely felt interactive and I appreciated your responses to every suggestion and thought in our C&C. You've energized hand-drawn activity here on the boards and inspired me (and many others) to jump back into concept art. I hope you are proud of the great work you've done here!

Quick question... Are you going to use all real-life sponsors for the CSL or will there be some fictional ones? Either way I could sure pitch in some ideas. It's been my pleasure working with you on this concept and I'll definitely be glad to on any other future concept you may make.

I hadn't thought of it before, but Los Altos 2022 concepts would be really cool! My original comment was a joke, hahaha...

Fear the future, envy the past

Congratulations! The Alton soccer pyramid has been an absolute joy to follow along with. The consistent creativity and variety was enormously impressive and quite a few of your concepts blew me away. The thread definitely felt interactive and I appreciated your responses to every suggestion and thought in our C&C. You've energized hand-drawn activity here on the boards and inspired me (and many others) to jump back into concept art. I hope you are proud of the great work you've done here!

It's also been great having you along for this ride! :)

I'm actually really surprised I managed to make 96 unique looks for this series, despite my fairly frequent spells of artist's block. I'm also actually quite impressed how different I made each team's crest look, as it really doesn't look like they were all designed by one person (in reality, I had many external design influences, but still).

This response style I actually first noticed in my SimCity forums many years ago, as a city thread I followed quite extensively incorporated this style of responding; I really liked it and decided to do the same for my sports concept threads many years later. And honestly, many of the ideas on here couldn't have been possible without suggestions from the online people here as well as my friends in real life; other people are a prime picking ground for ideas. :P

I also have indeed noticed this revival of hand-drawn concepts on here, with some threads explicitly crediting me for their hand-drawn thread ideas. It feels really nice getting to inspire others on here. :)

Quick question... Are you going to use all real-life sponsors for the CSL or will there be some fictional ones? Either way I could sure pitch in some ideas. It's been my pleasure working with you on this concept and I'll definitely be glad to on any other future concept you may make.

I hadn't thought of it before, but Los Altos 2022 concepts would be really cool! My original comment was a joke, hahaha...

Sponsorships in the CSL are all real-life sponsors (Los Altos is unheard of in this series). More specifically, local sponsors. For example, a San Francisco team would have Virgin America, based in nearby Burlingame, and the Santa Cruz team would have Santa Cruz Skateboards as a sponsor. Might be a challenge for the smaller teams out there, though.

I'd still be very glad to accept suggestions in the next thread, albeit constrained to the local and real-world.

It's so... BEAUTIFUL

I wish I had the concentration to pull something like this off,well done sir I'll try to stop saying that but I can't stress it enough!

Thanks! :)

I gotta say, I have way too much time and I gotta channel my creativity into something... :P

~ Daryl

Damn so colourful! Hard to believe there were that many teams, didn't think it would end :P

Nice to see you have an International kit as well. Greta job one everything.

Also, is Missino's and actual store? I want to add it to the Tamarian Universe :P

Archived