Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey y'all! I've finally decided to kick off (pun intended) my hand-drawn soccer league! So here goes...

The Alton Federation of Soccer (AFS) is the governing body over the Alton soccer pyramid. The pro levels are divided into three divisions: League I, the highest-level division with 25 teams; League II, the middle tier with 30 teams; and League III, the lowest rung of the Alton pro pyramid with 40 teams. A promotion/relegation system is used here, with the best 3 teams of League II being promoted to League I and the 6 best teams of League III being promoted to League II; likewise, the worst 3 teams of League I are relegated to League II while the 6 worst League II teams are relegated to League III. Promotion and relegation occur at the end of every season, with my series taking place in the 2017 season.

Before I present the first two teams, I give you all the league maps!

League I:
16245391288_c408ec873d_c.jpg

League II:
15810537224_35341d184d_c.jpg

League III:
16245645260_c933d99285_c.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the first two teams!

League I
Royal Princeton SC
Princeton, York
Founded: 1886
Last Promoted: 1987
Championships: 12

16431300321_ce26913147_c.jpg

Arguably the premier club in the entirety of the AFS, the Royal Princeton SC has its roots as one of the original teams of the league dating back to its beginnings as a pastime for descendants of the original English settlers in Los Altos. The crest combines elements of the British Crown, the Union Jack, and the colors of Los Altos.

The kits are very patriotically inspired. The home jersey is inspired very obviously by the Union Jack while the clash jersey, more subtly, incorporates Alton colors. The kits are outfitted by Nike and HSBC lends its sponsorship rights to the team.

League I
East City SC
Patterson, York
Founded: 1926
Last Promoted: 2005
Championships: 3

15810543164_0552545c31_c.jpg

East City SC is Royal Princeton's cousin to the east, with there being a total of 4 teams (including ECSC and RPSC) in the Princeton area alone. East City has a simpler crest design, with heavy emphasis on the eastern direction and the colors of the City of Patterson, which are mauve and orchid.

The mauve and purple home jersey emphasizes the team's location in eastern Princeton with a large horizontal chevron design in there. The clash jersey plays on signage that one would see on roundabouts, with the sign pointing to the right. These kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsorship goes to the prominent Alton beer company Mitchell's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few specific league-wide guidelines concerning jerseys and whatnot:
- I'm naming my teams in a European style, with "SC", "Sporting", "United", and all that fun stuff...
- I have a standardized font throughout the league, with the AFS logo appearing at the bottom of each number
- The shorts are required to have a white (or black if it looks better like that) number and team crest at the bottom
- One gold star represents 5 championships while a white star only represents 1 championship

A big shoutout to raysox for much inspiration on this concept and I look forward to seeing y'all's responses!

Enjoy!
~ Daryl

Ooh, another hand drawn concept?!? These are both great looks, with ECSC's home being my favorite. Will you try using more kit manufactures, because I'd love to see you do a hand drawn Warrior kit. Also, to keep the Valle Buena trend going, Miller Entertainment should sponsor them :D

That's what- She

Ooh, another hand drawn concept?!? These are both great looks, with ECSC's home being my favorite. Will you try using more kit manufactures, because I'd love to see you do a hand drawn Warrior kit. Also, to keep the Valle Buena trend going, Miller Entertainment should sponsor them :D

Yep, another hand-drawn concept it certainly is! So far, I only have three kit manufacturers (Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour), but I can certainly do a few more if somebody could provide me with a good template from other manufacturers (I kinda don't like the ones a Google search gives me).

As for a sponsorship, I'll certainly consider you for the Valle Buena sponsorship!

Brilliant I don't like the blue square between the stripes on the first drawing as it clog it up

Thanks! But I put that blue square on purpose so the number would not be obstructed by the center stripe, such as in raysox's Charleston Battery concept.

These are awesome as usual! quick question about your baseball league, how did you get your team logos to look so good? mine are pretty boring and i need some ideas.

Thank you!

As for your baseball logos, try simple at first with roundel logos. Those are fairly easy to work with, but if you feel the need for more unique logos, look to the logo database on here for inspiration!

Great work as usual!

Thank you!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. These are the best hand-drawn concepts I have ever seen on the forum. I just love all of your drawings and am thankful that you are here.

Maybe Abelard can secure a sponsorship..?

Thank you, sir! I could certainly give Abelard a sponsorship, what kinda company would it be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Monarch SC

Hangworth, York

Founded: 1967

Last Relegated: 2015

Championships: 0

16446345632_4d5ddefce6_c.jpg

Monarch SC is the third team in the Princeton area (with its fourth and final team currently in the works). Although not as successful as the other three teams in the area, it's the one with arguably the boldest identity. Monarch SC pays homage to the monarchy by basing its look off the monarch butterfly. Orange and black (Go Giants!) is everywhere in this identity, with a monarch butterfly appearing in the middle of the crest.

The home kit is designed off the coloring of a monarch butterfly, with orange with black outlines. The clash kits are simply almost a color-swap of the home, with an orange "M" on the front of the jersey. The kits are sponsored by Under Armour and the sponsorship goes to the Alton division of the British airline Monarch Airlines (fitting sponsor, ain't it?).

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

EDIT 2/3: Slightly tweaked the crest, with stripes instead of spots inside the butterfly, after an observation by Spartan24898.

I just want to chime in and say that your projects are absolutely fantastic. Being a hand drawer myself, it gives me a good understanding of how much time and effort you put into these concepts, and I see your concepts as the benchmark for hand drawn concepts on the boards. I don't watch too much soccer, so I'm not really sure what the uniform standards are, but I really love the monarchs set, black and orange is a great and underused color combo IMO. I'm not a huge fan of the crest, I don't look at that and see a monarch butterfly. If you look at a monarch, the designs on their wings consist of mostly lines rather than spots. Also, if you are going for a little more scientific accuracy, the top half of the wings on a butterfly are larger and more triangular than the bottom half. Very minor nitpicks, but I feel like the brand should be accurate since it is meant to be a very specific species that shares the name of the club. Can't wait to see more!

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Monarch City is great, however im still a little bitter about the World Series so the Giants colors aren't sitting too well with me... Jk great design nonetheless! Also, will you be designing stadiums for these teams?

Royals fan, I'm assuming? The Royals had a pretty good team with a really good postseason run last year, making most of their first postseason since '85, so I honestly give them props for that.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing stadiums for the AFS's 95 teams, as it's already taking me long enough to do just 30 stadiums for my baseball league, so that's that.

I just want to chime in and say that your projects are absolutely fantastic. Being a hand drawer myself, it gives me a good understanding of how much time and effort you put into these concepts, and I see your concepts as the benchmark for hand drawn concepts on the boards. I don't watch too much soccer, so I'm not really sure what the uniform standards are, but I really love the monarchs set, black and orange is a great and underused color combo IMO. I'm not a huge fan of the crest, I don't look at that and see a monarch butterfly. If you look at a monarch, the designs on their wings consist of mostly lines rather than spots. Also, if you are going for a little more scientific accuracy, the top half of the wings on a butterfly are larger and more triangular than the bottom half. Very minor nitpicks, but I feel like the brand should be accurate since it is meant to be a very specific species that shares the name of the club. Can't wait to see more!

I have noticed that as well, with several new members using similar templates to mine on their hand-drawn concepts. It's also pretty nice to see others inspired by my concepts as well!

Orange and black are the Giants' colors, therefore instantly making them one of the greatest. Disregarding my Giants for a bit, orange and black is indeed a great color combo!

Keen little observation there, my friend! I tweaked the crest a bit to add stripes instead of the spots (it was luckily a fairly easy tweak) and can be seen on my post a few posts above. Thanks for the heads up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Engleshire SC

Engleshire, York

Founded: 1908

Last Promoted: 2009

Last Relegated: 1984

15834496703_61a6c406be_c.jpg

The fourth and final team in the Princeton area is Engleshire SC. Engleshire is a town with a rich horse-racing heritage, as the team crest indicates. The top of the crest shows the "skyline" of the famed Ronstead Downs, which also sponsors the team, while the horseshoe represents the city's many horse races on Ronstead, as well as the culture the races have created in the area northwest of Princeton.

The home kit is a simple teal (Yay for teal!) polo with white shorts. The away kit has a curve that represents the curve of a race track, with the "track" going down to the shorts and to the right sleeve. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor, as stated just not too long ago, is the Ronstead Downs.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Monarch City is great, however im still a little bitter about the World Series so the Giants colors aren't sitting too well with me... Jk great design nonetheless! Also, will you be designing stadiums for these teams?

Royals fan, I'm assuming? The Royals had a pretty good team with a really good postseason run last year, making most of their first postseason since '85, so I honestly give them props for that.

Unfortunately, I won't be doing stadiums for the AFS's 95 teams, as it's already taking me long enough to do just 30 stadiums for my baseball league, so that's that.

I have noticed that as well, with several new members using similar templates to mine on their hand-drawn concepts. It's also pretty nice to see others inspired by my concepts as well!

Orange and black are the Giants' colors, therefore instantly making them one of the greatest. Disregarding my Giants for a bit, orange and black is indeed a great color combo!

Keen little observation there, my friend! I tweaked the crest a bit to add stripes instead of the spots (it was luckily a fairly easy tweak) and can be seen on my post a few posts above. Thanks for the heads up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Engleshire SC

Engleshire, York

Founded: 1908

Last Promoted: 2009

Last Relegated: 1984

15834496703_61a6c406be_c.jpg

The fourth and final team in the Princeton area is Engleshire SC. Engleshire is a town with a rich horse-racing heritage, as the team crest indicates. The top of the crest shows the "skyline" of the famed Ronstead Downs, which also sponsors the team, while the horseshoe represents the city's many horse races on Ronstead, as well as the culture the races have created in the area northwest of Princeton.

The home kit is a simple teal (Yay for teal!) polo with white shorts. The away kit has a curve that represents the curve of a race track, with the "track" going down to the shorts and to the right sleeve. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor, as stated just not too long ago, is the Ronstead Downs.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

Yep, Royals fan here. It was a great run and really fun to watch. Did you go to any games? Those uniforms are great! The colors go well together

Monarch SC is fine, it's a simple look, which can be expected from a Tier 3 team. Engleshire looks awesome, I'm a fan of the curved stripe on the clash kit. I've always been curious on how you make your templates.

Simple like a monarch butterfly, my friend! And glad you liked Engelshire as well!

As for my templates, all it really is is me drawing a blank jersey design I see online and making numerous copies of that template. My soccer template is heavily based off my baseball template, with a few tweaks here and there (my basketball template is obviously not inspired by my baseball template). For my soccer jerseys, it's pretty much just cookie-cutter in terms of collars and piping (is it called that in soccer...?)

I enjoy all of your series. Great work on the kits! Love how there is 3 tiers. Maybe Taap Wireless could secure a sponsorship?

Thank you! I could certainly give Taap Wireless a sponsorship!

Yep, Royals fan here. It was a great run and really fun to watch. Did you go to any games? Those uniforms are great! The colors go well together

I actually got to be attendance at Game 5 of the World Series in San Francisco. Just the best $675 I have ever spent! :)

And glad you liked Engleshire as well!

Monarchs update looks great, it's amazing how much of a difference a small change makes. I was looking for some criticism to give on Engleshire FC, but I honestly can't find anything, fantastic looking kit.

Thank you! Glad you like them and thanks for pointing it out!

-------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Mt. Lee United

Ski Mountain, Bayshore

Founded: 1973

Last Relegated: 2016

16274587877_00715a18f4_c.jpg

Mt. Lee United was created in 1973 after the merger of Leemount SC (notable for purple) and SC Ski Mountain (notable for its light blue and pinstripes). The team crest combines elements of both teams into a single, oval crest, which also contains two skis.

The home kit evokes a skiing scene, with the diagonal stripes showing downhill movement down a snowy ski slope (Although soccer season is nowhere near ski season). The clash kit is a "quilt" design, with the two former area teams represented in this unique "quilt" pattern. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Leeski, a famous producer of skiing equipment from the Leemount/Ski Mountain area.

A recent trip to Lake Tahoe last month gave quite a bit of inspiration for this team.

~ Daryl

Monarch SC is fine, it's a simple look, which can be expected from a Tier 3 team. Engleshire looks awesome, I'm a fan of the curved stripe on the clash kit. I've always been curious on how you make your templates.

Simple like a monarch butterfly, my friend! And glad you liked Engelshire as well!

As for my templates, all it really is is me drawing a blank jersey design I see online and making numerous copies of that template. My soccer template is heavily based off my baseball template, with a few tweaks here and there (my basketball template is obviously not inspired by my baseball template). For my soccer jerseys, it's pretty much just cookie-cutter in terms of collars and piping (is it called that in soccer...?)

I enjoy all of your series. Great work on the kits! Love how there is 3 tiers. Maybe Taap Wireless could secure a sponsorship?

Thank you! I could certainly give Taap Wireless a sponsorship!

I actually got to be attendance at Game 5 of the World Series in San Francisco. Just the best $675 I have ever spent! :)

And glad you liked Engleshire as well!

Monarchs update looks great, it's amazing how much of a difference a small change makes. I was looking for some criticism to give on Engleshire FC, but I honestly can't find anything, fantastic looking kit.

Thank you! Glad you like them and thanks for pointing it out!

-------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Mt. Lee United

Ski Mountain, Bayshore

Founded: 1973

Last Relegated: 2016

16274587877_00715a18f4_c.jpg

Mt. Lee United was created in 1973 after the merger of Leemount SC (notable for purple) and SC Ski Mountain (notable for its light blue and pinstripes). The team crest combines elements of both teams into a single, oval crest, which also contains two skis.

The home kit evokes a skiing scene, with the diagonal stripes showing downhill movement down a snowy ski slope (Although soccer season is nowhere near ski season). The clash kit is a "quilt" design, with the two former area teams represented in this unique "quilt" pattern. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Leeski, a famous producer of skiing equipment from the Leemount/Ski Mountain area.

A recent trip to Lake Tahoe last month gave quite a bit of inspiration for this team.

~ Daryl

These look great! Can't wait to see more! I got to go to the AL Wild Card game and game 2 of the WS.

Man, I am loving this series. I love the variety in your teams, you gave the monarchs a simple set, then followed it with a very out there kit for Mt. Lee United, and they both looked amazing! That's five great looking teams, and by my count, you've only repeated one color shade. It'll be difficult to keep differences between all the teams you're doing, but I think you just might pull it off. Well done!

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

The home kit looks great! I love the striping, it reminds me of the White Caps home kit.

Any bay area or west coast Teams comming

I don't think you realize how these boards work, this is a fictional country, he probably won't do WC or Bay Area team. Can you PLEASE stop requesting people to do certain teams.

That's what- She

Archived