Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

^ this thread is a thing of beauty

I don't really know what to say, you just keep on spewing out great concepts.

My own concept league isn't dead btw, I've had bronchitis for over a week now. Once I am better I will start up the drawings again!

One more thing... When can we expect some basketball concepts from you?

Fear the future, envy the past

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally understand that you can't make updates without redoing the whole thing sometimes, and I'm definitely not pushing you to, because that would take way too long. I just want to give you something other than "Wow" or "Amazing" in my comments, even though all of these concepts are good enough to merit that. Now I'm going to contradict myself, because amazing is about the only thing I can say about Portsmouth, well done.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Homestead looks awesome, not just because it's a Warrior kit. The Art Deco theme works incredibly well though.

And Portsmouth's badge is a thing of beauty, and I love how this could totally be the Whitecaps Kit too.

Thanks! The Art Deco for Homestead surely was really fun with me to work with!

I'm honestly kinda surprised at how well received that Portsmouth crest was, not with just you but with my schoolmates when I showed them the sketches for it, Glad you like that simple crest, though! :)

^ this thread is a thing of beauty

I don't really know what to say, you just keep on spewing out great concepts.

My own concept league isn't dead btw, I've had bronchitis for over a week now. Once I am better I will start up the drawings again!

One more thing... When can we expect some basketball concepts from you?

Thank you sir! I try my best to keep 'em great!

The delays of your thread due to sickness are totally understandable, though. Hope you get better soon!

As for basketball concepts, I honestly don't know when the next ones will come out, as my ideas for basketball are starting to get stale while my ideas for soccer are only blossoming. So that's that...

I totally understand that you can't make updates without redoing the whole thing sometimes, and I'm definitely not pushing you to, because that would take way too long. I just want to give you something other than "Wow" or "Amazing" in my comments, even though all of these concepts are good enough to merit that. Now I'm going to contradict myself, because amazing is about the only thing I can say about Portsmouth, well done.

Thanks, Spartan! I do get your reasoning there, and I actually do appreciate your great feedback for all my concepts!

That looks great! The clash is one of the best uniforms I've seen!! Keep it up!

Thanks, sir! I didn't know what to do for the clash and I didn't wanna make it too simple, so I decided to put the mountain and water pattern on it. Glad you like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Birmingham United

Birmingham, York

Founded: 1909

Last Promoted: 2007

Championships: 2

16606835545_03a92dc928_c.jpg

As the name might suggest, the crest combines several different elements about the City of Birmingham. First off, the shape; the shape of the crest is a perspective view of a factory smokestack, as Birmingham is a major industrial center in western Los Altos. The shades of red represent the color of the bricks of these factories. The left half of the inside of the crest pays homage to the city's namesake in England, with part of that Birmingham's distinctive flag in it. The heraldic-style rhino pays homage (like this city's basketball team, the Rhinos) to Birmingham [in Los Altos] being nicknamed "The Rhino of British Los Altos" due to its strong industrial might.

The home jersey clearly emphasizes the brick aspect of this team's identity, with stripes of alternating reds. Inside this pattern are very sublimated, mahogany-colored "bricks", spelling out "B" in the front and "U" in the back. The clash jersey (which is blue and not gray after a coin toss) shows the Birmingham flag (which is in half of the flag of the Los Altos city) along a horizontal bar across a blue background. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the team is sponsored by Empire Corps (pronounced here as "corpse" and not "cores"), a national manufacturing company.

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I would suggest going over some of the designs (the bricks, the pinstripes, the diagonal yellow squares) with the thin black marker to give a little more clarity.

Overall, this series is looking amazing. Each identity is super creative and I can tell you are really on a roll with the combination of the freedom of 1) a fictional country 2) soccer concepts. Keep up the good work!

I think the only thing bugging me about this kit is that the "U" on the back isn't symmetrical. As with the last few kits, I really like the clash. I love the brick color, it's very unique.

I forgot to mention that the asymmetry of both the letters is actually intentional, to give the brick pattern a bit more flair. And I actually kinda do like the brick color, myself, as well.

And glad you like the clash kits!

LOVE the clash! Keep up the good work

Thank you!

I would suggest going over some of the designs (the bricks, the pinstripes, the diagonal yellow squares) with the thin black marker to give a little more clarity.

Overall, this series is looking amazing. Each identity is super creative and I can tell you are really on a roll with the combination of the freedom of 1) a fictional country 2) soccer concepts. Keep up the good work!

I decided to edit that drawing a bit as I added little black "borders" to better show the designs of those kits.

I really do enjoy doing this in my fictional country just because I get to practically create everything and not have to worry about limiting myself too much in terms of design. Thanks for the kind words, too!

----------------------------------------------------------

League I

Henderson SC

Henderson, Bayshore

Founded: 1910

Last Promoted: 2001

Championships: 7

16431050219_9ac39f9c02_c.jpg

Henderson SC is a very storied and successful franchise in its 107 year (this is the 2017 season, after all) existence. Its crest is a simple yet elegant logo, with the shape similar to a sheet of paper (the Republic of Los Altos was founded here in 1765) and laurel leaves in the bottom, with the initials "HSC" inside. 22 is a very significant number in Henderson, as 22 men (and their families) founded the Bayshore colony here in 1689 - in the crest, there are 11 stripes on each side running down the 2 sides and 11 leaves in the 2 laurel leaves.

The home kit is a very simple sand-colored shirt that has survived unchanged through much of the team's history. The clash set has 22 squares (13 on the front and 9 on the back) on a brown background. Much like AS Roma several years back, Henderson SC does not have a jersey sponsor and manufactures its own jerseys (The suggestion for a self-sponsored team is credited to rykochristie).

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Henderson is beutiful! Love the simplicity! They kind of remind me of the (ugh) New York Yankees, being a storied team.

Thank you! Surprisingly, nobody said that about Royal Princeton SC (the first concept of this series), who has 12 championships. Glad you like Henderson, though!

same with me, love the simple aspect of it. Thanks for the creds!

Thank you! And I surely like incorporating y'all's suggestions into my concepts!

Very classy! Definitely getting a Yankees or Man Utd vibe. Looks like a team I would love to hate haha.

The edits for Birmingham United look good too!

Thank you! And as I said above, I'm surprised at how nobody's said that about Princeton. Haha...

The marker surely does show the design better, thanks for your suggestion in that matter!

Yesssss Cookies and Cream! Tamaria colours haha :P love it

Those colors surely look great together, don't they? Glad you liked Henderson!

Henderson might be my new favorite, absolutely love this one.

Glad you liked Henderson! Surely was a fun one for me to make, indeed!

---------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Windport SC

Windport City, Monquin

Founded: 1967

Last Promoted: 2013

Championships: 0

16462996988_dfe35df179_c.jpg

Windport City (founded by the Spanish as Puerto Viento, "Wind Port") is notable for setting the lead in the nation for the movement towards clean and renewable energy, which has become dramatically widespread throughout Los Altos. Furthermore, the Alton Space Program is based in the outskirts of the Windport City area. The crest combines these two identities into a single image, with a wind turbine taking prominence in the center of the crest, which itself is shaped like a rocket ship. The stripes on the crest represent wind (it is Windport City, after all) and the 13 stripes represent that Monquin is the 13th state in the nation.

The home kit emphasized wind and the blue sky and a "W" pattern is sublimated into the design, splitting at the left edge of the jersey. While the home jersey emphasizes renewable energy, the clash jersey represents the city's space culture, with the gray and black stripes representing the night sky and the yellow representing the stars. The kits are supplied by Puma (I can never draw the puma in the logo right) and the sponsor is Tesla Motors, which has a large industrial presence in the Windport Area.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I like the idea behind the home kit but the straight horizontal stripes don't really evoke wind to me. I think it would work better if the stripes were wavy. I like the yellow numbers on the alt, but I like CyGuy5 's suggestions as well, I think the numbers could look really nice in that light green.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Have you ever considered doing a third jersey/alternate? I really like both kits you have for Windport SC, but I feel like, considering the beautiful white windmill in the crest, you should experiment with a more simple white jersey. I think it would nicely compliment the more modern home and clash kits.

Archived