Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

Wacky kits by Puma are always great! And Henderson is top notch, I LOVE the 2 neutrals.

Glad you like 'em, sir! :)

The home kit is great! Only thing that i would like different is the numbers on the clash. if they were blue or green that would really look cool. Still its a great design!

As much as I appreciate your feedback concerning the clash kit, I feel that yellow is the most appropriate number color for that jersey, as the yellow represents stars in a better way than what blue (maybe a very light blue could possibly work) and green could ever do. However, I'm glad you still like its design!

This may be my new favorite

Thank you!

I like the idea behind the home kit but the straight horizontal stripes don't really evoke wind to me. I think it would work better if the stripes were wavy. I like the yellow numbers on the alt, but I like CyGuy5 's suggestions as well, I think the numbers could look really nice in that light green.

To me at least, straight lines best evoke wind, as in my opinion, wavy lines are more for water motifs. Again, that's just me.

As for the clash jersey, I kinda do think that light green numbers could work on the clash, but I still think that yellow would be better for it. I will try green-on-black on some other team, though!

Have you ever considered doing a third jersey/alternate? I really like both kits you have for Windport SC, but I feel like, considering the beautiful white windmill in the crest, you should experiment with a more simple white jersey. I think it would nicely compliment the more modern home and clash kits.

I can probably do third or alt jerseys, but I'm only working within the limits of my template. As each team is on a half sheet of regular white paper, I can only really easily fit two jerseys onto my template. And I feel that two jerseys are good enough for me, at least.

As for a possible white jersey, let's just say that it was a former clash jersey before the 2017 season. Haha...

Spectacular! You are amazing at this hand drawn stuff!

Thank you, sir!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Four Corners SC

Standings, York

Founded: 2002

Last Relegated: 2005

16461435647_eea8bd525a_c.jpg

Four Corners SC is a fairly new addition to the Alton Federation of Soccer, hailing from the Four Corners region of the American Alton Southwest. The team itself is based in northeastern York (the state in the southwest of this region), but it also represents southeastern Coastania, northwestern Rialto, and southeastern Lakent (a map better explaining this can be seen in the first page of this thread). The crest, while having the basic design already sketched out, was pretty much an improv coloring job. Originally, I wanted to have state colors (blue for York, green for Lakent, orange for Coastania, and harvest gold for Rialto), but that idea ended up accidentally making a Microsoft logo, and seeing that Microsoft most likely won't sponsor a rural third-tier team, I decided to change the coloring of this crest. So instead of the original quarter idea, I decided to devote the borders to York and Lakent while the inner squares represent Coastania and Rialto. The actual shape of the crest symbolizes the meeting of four states in one location.

The home jersey represents the York and Lakent side of this identity, as I felt that blue and green naturally went well together. Same idea goes for the clash jersey, except with the orange of Coastania and the harvest gold of Rialto. The chevron shape comes from part of the diamond shape of the crest. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is Griffin, an Alton alarm company.

~ Daryl

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially my new favorite! the kits are great and very well designed! really digging the clash :)

Thank you, sir! Glad you liked 'em!

The crest for Four Corners is top-notch! Just curious, are you going to make throwbacks for the soccer concepts like you did with the Baseball and Basketball ones?

Thank you!

As for throwback jerseys, I could make the throwbacks themselves as the clash jersey or something, but I won't be adding another jersey to each team's two jerseys to accommodate a throwback jersey (My template can only fit two jerseys).

Great choice on the colors! Amd solid job working around the Microsoft issue. I probably would have just kept it, but you found a way to use all four colors, keep the name four corners and not make it look like Microsoft. Bravo.

At first, I couldn't figure out how to redo the colors, but I'm content with how they are now. Glad you like it as well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

SC New Mifaria

Hartman, New Mifaria

Founded: 1952

Last Relegated: 2016

Championships: 0

16690495465_ca82912c41_c.jpg

Although SC New Mifaria isn't the only team from the state, this team certainly represents its state well! The crest is fairly basic, with the state flag (which differs from the national Mifarian flag by having a much larger green area) on the shape of a traditional Mifarian shield. Also, the star in the crest is not a championship star and is instead the lone star on the New Mifarian flag, which represents the state formerly being the northernmost state of Mifaria that was ceded to Los Altos in 1894 (although several states now come between New Mifaria and the nation of Mifaria, the name has stayed because it was the first former Mifarian state added to Los Altos).

As for the kits, they're heavily inspired by the New Mifarian state flag, most especially the home jersey. As for the clash jersey, it is a green-on-black jersey, which some people suggested I do for Windport SC; here's y'all's compromise! The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Mifarian Air (stylized as Mifairian).

~ Daryl

As I'm sure you are aware, the solid black jersey makes it a little hard to see anything else! but once you zoom in its fine. About the throwbacks, I was thinking about how after most of the concepts were made, you put a few miscellaneous throwbacks on one page. If you aren't planning to do that by all means that's fine. This is another fine concept of yours!

Fear the future, envy the past

Whoops I completely missed Four Corners. I have no complaints about the look, but I may have a potential issue with the logistics of the kits. I'm not sure how kits work in soccer, so this may not be an issue, but if the home is worn only at home and the clash is used on the road, Coastania and Rialto would want to be represented in some way on the home kit in front of the local crowd. Again, this may be completely irrelevant if both jerseys can be worn at home.

New Mifaria is gorgeous! Wonderful job.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

As I'm sure you are aware, the solid black jersey makes it a little hard to see anything else! but once you zoom in its fine. About the throwbacks, I was thinking about how after most of the concepts were made, you put a few miscellaneous throwbacks on one page. If you aren't planning to do that by all means that's fine. This is another fine concept of yours!

Yeah, I'm fully aware about the illegibility of black uniforms. In fact, it's one of my biggest pet peeves and the biggest reason why I don't like making black jerseys.

As for throwbacks once again, I think the best possibility for them is to be a clash jersey; making 95 throwback jerseys on a separate page would be quite a chore. Haha...

Whoops I completely missed Four Corners. I have no complaints about the look, but I may have a potential issue with the logistics of the kits. I'm not sure how kits work in soccer, so this may not be an issue, but if the home is worn only at home and the clash is used on the road, Coastania and Rialto would want to be represented in some way on the home kit in front of the local crowd. Again, this may be completely irrelevant if both jerseys can be worn at home.

New Mifaria is gorgeous! Wonderful job.

Honestly, I don't quite understand the logistics behind soccer jerseys as well. But maybe all that I can say that because they technically play in York, the York colors generally are higher up in color priorities. Haha...

And glad you like New Mifaria! I like it too, myself!

-----------------------------------------------------------

League III

Tescara Republic SC

Shalotte, Tescara

Founded: 1961

Last Relegated: 2005

16675333616_2251be1430_c.jpg

If any state were to secede from Los Altos, it'd be the state of Tescara. Much like Texas in real-life, Tescara has a very passionate, nationalistic attitude. When the state was still a part of Mifaria, Tescarans bitterly advocated independence; after being added to Los Altos in 1941, Tescarans became more satisfied at the attention they got from the Alton government, something they never really got from the Mifarians. In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of being added to Los Altos, Tescara Republic SC was founded in the Tescaran capital of Shalotte. The crest takes elements from the flag, which is a diagonal bicolor (yellow on top and purple on the bottom) with the Mifarian shield (which has a traditional Tescaran design on it) in the middle. On the crest itself, the state colors merely appear as the outline of the crest.

The home kit is based on the yellow (top) part of the flag, while the clash kit focuses on the purple (bottom) part of the flag. The Mifarian design is sublimated above/below the colored diagonal space in the front of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and the local pharmaceutical company Sanaxin is the sponsor.

~ Daryl

These are beautiful. I love how you put the yellow on top of the jersey and the purple on the bottom, instead of just filling into a template. I think it makes it feel a lot more like a clash instead of being a recolor of the home, and it mirrors the crest and flag, which is cool.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Cool new concepts with New Mifaria and Tescara Republic. Both are relatively simple compared to Four Corners, but relatively modern compared to Henderson. You're showing a great range of versatility. Love the backstory on Tescara Republic too.

I'll echo what rykochristie said about the New Mifaria clash, though. Black jerseys are incredibly difficult in hand-drawn concepts. I would just encourage you 1) to not be intimidated by doing a black kit in the future 2) keep trying and experiment with new methods.

Great job man! Those kits are AMAZING! I'm going to try and get back to my baseball concepts soon but I have a huuuuuge report due on "Catcher in the Rye"...

Thanks, ryko! And take your time on making those baseball concepts!

(Honestly, Catcher in the Rye bored me to heck when I read it as part of my Honors English summer assignment before my current school year.)

These are beautiful. I love how you put the yellow on top of the jersey and the purple on the bottom, instead of just filling into a template. I think it makes it feel a lot more like a clash instead of being a recolor of the home, and it mirrors the crest and flag, which is cool.

Thank you, sir!

Originally, I had planned on simply recoloring the home jersey purple for the clash jersey, but then I decided to reflect the whole flag colors thing onto the clash jersey, with the purple being at the bottom. Glad you like it! :)

Cool new concepts with New Mifaria and Tescara Republic. Both are relatively simple compared to Four Corners, but relatively modern compared to Henderson. You're showing a great range of versatility. Love the backstory on Tescara Republic too.

I'll echo what rykochristie said about the New Mifaria clash, though. Black jerseys are incredibly difficult in hand-drawn concepts. I would just encourage you 1) to not be intimidated by doing a black kit in the future 2) keep trying and experiment with new methods.

Glad you liked 'em! In my opinion, flag designs (such as New Mifaria and Tescara Republic) are so much easier (while still being pretty fun) to work with in making soccer crests. Don't be surprised to see several more flag designs on soccer crests in the future.

And also, I do agree with you on the difficulty of making hand-drawn black jerseys. Making everything legible has always been an issue for me, even as I am now equipped with fine-tipped colored markers. Do you think you have any suggestions for how I tackle black jerseys in the future? (It's totally fine with me if you don't have any)

---------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Midpoint SC

Midpoint, Coastania

Founded: 1976

Last Relegated: 1997

16110478083_57337871c1_c.jpg

The crest for Midpoint SC has a fairly simple concept: a red circle with a soccer ball in the middle of a hexagon, with "rays" radiating from the city (represented by the red circle. This comes from the city's location in the middle of the state of Coastania. On the crest is the initials of the team name, Midpoint Soccer Club. Blue and red were my original intended colors for the team, with the purple and pink (there is pink in the soccer ball) suggested to me by one of my friends who also suggested the naming rights for the team.

The kits for Midpoint SC are one of the stranger sets I've done so far, but it's League III, so why not? The home jersey is inspired by the Philadelphia Union home jerseys, with everything (the crest, the Nike logo, and obviously the sponsor) centered on a pink stripe with purple outlines. Also on the home jersey are sublimated "rays", like the ones seen on the crest. As for the clash jersey, it goes with the hexagonal theme of the crest and emphasizes the color red, which only appears on the crest as the lettering. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsorship goes to Cupcakes & Pizza, a chain of restaurants in the format of Chuck E Cheese's in the United States (Two of my friends suggested this name).

Enjoy this craziness for now, something more traditional is up next!

~ Daryl

These kits are give SC of Sunset a rune for their money as my favorite so far! Am I right in assuming that since these next kits will be traditional! that it will be a (successful) League I team?

Fear the future, envy the past

These kits are give SC of Sunset a rune for their money as my favorite so far! Am I right in assuming that since these next kits will be traditional! that it will be a (successful) League I team?

Glad you liked 'em, sir!

And you are correct on both predictions: this next one is indeed a successful League I team with traditional kits!

----------------------------------------------------------

League I

Los Altos SC

Los Altos, Coastania

Founded: 1896

Last Promoted: 2001

Championships: 4

16551783919_3865d8f2c3_c.jpg

Los Altos SC in the Alton national capital is one of the premier (though not as successful as Henderson and Royal Princeton) soccer clubs in the AFS. It also lends part of its identity to the Alton national team (with its similarly patriotic kits) every four years at the World Cup. The crest involves the shape of the national seal (yes, it [unintentionally] looks like a propane tank) with the national flag in the middle, minus the four stars that surround the main, 8-pointed Alton star in the middle. The name "Los Altos Soccer Club" is in vertical along the sides of the crest. I originally wanted to add an "LA" monogram onto the crest to complement the founding year of the team, but the monogram sorta ended up looking like a swastika, so I decided to scrap that idea.

The kits are very patriotic in a simple way. The home jersey vertically displays the colors seen on the left side of the flag (orange/green/white) while the clash jersey displays the colors seen on the right side of the flag (white/orange/green). Both kits have the same exact gold shorts, one of few teams in the AFS to have the same shorts for both its home and clash sets. The kits are supplied by Umbro (one of the company's bigger sponsored teams) and the jersey sponsor is Alcea Motors, a major Alton automobile company.

~ Daryl

Beautiful! I have to say, my favorites have definitely been the traditional kits for League I superteams! Can't wait to see who else accompanies Royal Princeton, Henderson and Los Altos at the top of the table!

Glad you've been liking all the traditional teams! As for another traditional League I team, keep an eye out for Bahia de Santiago SC in the future! I'll try to give some League II and League III traditional looks as well, so stay tuned!

I like these, and I love Umbro kits, but tbh I really prefer the more flampouyant jerseys like Lomaie and SC of Sunset... That's just me. Keep doing your thing Daryl!

The extravagant designs are certainly fun to do, but I like myself some traditional looks as well. Glad you liked them, though!

ive fell behind on this thread! i must say, they all have been great!

Thank you, sir!

Umbro kits always look great, this one included. The sponsor logo on Midpoint looks suggestive however.

Thanks, man!

As for the c&p logo, can you please elaborate on what's potentially suggestive about it? Personally, I don't quite see anything wrong with it...

-----------------------------------------------

League III

SC New Cambria

New Loughor, Magainy

Founded: 1957

Last Relegated: 2013

16540450807_7549c55fa6_c.jpg

SC New Cambria (Cambria is the traditional name for Wales), more commonly known by its Welsh name Clwb Pêl-droed Newydd Cymru (CPNC), is from a region proud of its Welsh heritage (there is a Cardiff in York, but New Loughor is more distinctively Welsh).The crest features the Flag of St. David, the alternate flag of Wales. In addition, the team initials are in red while the full team name in Welsh is in green, both colors are on the main Welsh flag.

The jerseys also have a lot of Welsh flair to it. The home jersey uses the colors of the Flag of St. David and combines the cross with a cris-cross pattern similar to Welsh knots. The clash jersey abstractly represents the regular flag of Wales, with the sponsor name and NOB replacing the red dragon. The kits are supplied by Puma (my drawing of it here looks like some kinda dinosaur) and the sponsor is Dyastar (name suggested by rykochristie), a local low-cost cell phone company.

~ Daryl

Archived