Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claraville's crest is perfect.

Yorkentech's kits are too similar - that being said, a white version with the chip design on it would be awesome.

Rattick is pretty solid all around.

I love St Cats and not just because of the name :P I think the colours on the clash should be flipped. Both kits are primarily white so if you flipped the black as the base on the clash, or just have a full black kit with blue shorts, it will look cleaner.

Parramond is really unique looking. But again, the kits may be too similar in colour.

So pretty much, the only nit picks I can muster... mustard.... is that the clash kits clash.... yea this sentence sucks

Hand drawn concepts are my favorite. And that Claraville SC logo is soooo good!!! I love how these logos and kits range from very simplistic to very detailed and they are awesome. 5 stars

Both are just beutiful. I nothing else to say. Just beutiful.

I always enjoy hand drawn concepts, nice work!

Thank you very much, guys! :)

Loving these last three sets! A great example of how simplicity can be unique with the right patterns and colors! A Rattick-St. Catherine's matchup would look terrific.

I really like simple looks, myself! But I also mix many complicated designs, one to make it more realistic and two to supplement each team's unique personality.

I would agree, that would indeed look very nice! Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make a single picture all of the league's soccer jerseys and logos and the like. Gotta figure out how, first, though. Haha...

Claraville's crest is perfect.

Yorkentech's kits are too similar - that being said, a white version with the chip design on it would be awesome.

Rattick is pretty solid all around.

I love St Cats and not just because of the name :P I think the colours on the clash should be flipped. Both kits are primarily white so if you flipped the black as the base on the clash, or just have a full black kit with blue shorts, it will look cleaner.

Parramond is really unique looking. But again, the kits may be too similar in colour.

So pretty much, the only nit picks I can muster... mustard.... is that the clash kits clash.... yea this sentence sucks

Originally, that crest was sketched out for a St. Catherine team (with the tower being a cathedral tower), but I realized that I already had a tower landmark for Claraville, so I figured that the idea best go to Claraville.

I like your suggestion for Midvalley United and I see where you're going with the kits looking too similar, but my basis for this apparently similar color schemes is to replicate the colors of real microchips, though apparently it comes at the expense of losing a whole "clash" feeling. I would use your suggestion, but I just cannot fully erase the color off of one of the jerseys to make a white jersey without making it look all messy at the end; sorry, just a limitation of hand-drawn concepts, it seems...

Rattick surely is a nice look, ain't it?

I'm guessing you live around St. Catherines in Ontario, I'm guessing? :P Going further with my limitations to these drawings, I could not incorporate your all black nor your color flip suggestions, but making the shorts light blue surely was a very easy edit! The updated clash kit is in the StCSC post.

As for Parramond, making clash colors could be quite a challenge, indeed. However, I decided to showcase both designs while keeping the same color scheme, with each jersey emphasizing a certain color. But in my opinion, they look distinct enough from each other for me.

im in awe there amazing

Thank you, sir!

Hand drawn concepts are my favorite. And that Claraville SC logo is soooo good!!! I love how these logos and kits range from very simplistic to very detailed and they are awesome. 5 stars

Glad you liked the Claraville logo, as well as everything else! In my opinion, this huge variety in design styles kinda make my league much more realistic. And hand-drawn concepts I'm most comfortable with because it's very easily accessed by me, I feel more creative with pencils, and that I currently don't know how to use any graphic design program.

---------------------------------------------------------

League III

Point SC

Point Clara, Bayshore

Founded: 1976

Last Relegated: 2008

Championships: 0

16897426816_ec189e379d_c.jpg

Point SC reflects the maritime aspects, especially in the whaling industry, of Point Clara, a town located about 110 miles west of Claraville. The colors are blue and light blue, to reflect the sky and the vast ocean around this peninsula town. The crest, partly inspired by the old Oregon state highway shields features a whale tail at the top and the outline of the peninsula (which is the northwest corner of the Bayshore peninsula) at the bottom.

The home kit features the stereotypical blue, vertical sailor stripes, with white shorts to pair up with it. The clash kit is of a more modern design, with a whale tail featured on the upper torso (which I thought was much better than having any potentially dirty connotations with having the whale tail at the bottom part of the jersey). The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Heffley's, an Alton swimwear brand.

---------------------------------------------------------

I've pretty much started drawing the next team already. However, I'm kinda conflicted as to what the official name would be. My ideas are Denton SC, Denton Auto City SC, or Auto City SC. However, if any of y'all have other suggestions or would like to decide from my choices, feel free to drop it in a reply. Thanks in advance!

~ Daryl

Great set! I love the whale tail in the crest, and the uniforms are great! I really love the clash. The colors go great together, and the whale tale is very creative on the uniform. Hats off to you. Personally I like Denton SC. It sounds more professional.

I think Denton SC would be perfect. Personally I don't really like the whole nickname for a team name type of thing.

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestion!

For soccer, I'm pretty much mostly using European-style names, but I also decided I'm going to add a few nicknamed teams (some real-life examples: the San Jose Earthquakes and the Tottenham Hotspurs) to add to the realism of this league.

Great set! I love the whale tail in the crest, and the uniforms are great! I really love the clash. The colors go great together, and the whale tale is very creative on the uniform. Hats off to you. Personally I like Denton SC. It sounds more professional.

Glad you liked Point, especially the clash! The whole idea for it fabricated with me thinking that the bottom of the whale tail also makes as a good wave, so I started from there. Then the colors just fell in later on.

I guess I'm going with Denton SC, indeed! Thanks for the suggestion!

-------------------------------------------------

League III

Denton SC

Denton, York

Founded: 1957

Last Relegated: 1998

16320493773_bb5464a6cd_c.jpg

Denton is the major "Auto City" of Los Altos, located on the very industrial northwest shore of York and halfway between Birmingham and Rattick City, Coastania. The city is heavily known for their car factories and the major racetrack not too far from it. The crest is supposed to resemble a car company logo, with me deciding to use fifty three shades of gray and black over using red or blue (I'd probably end up copying Volvo or Fiat).

The home jersey emphasizes racing stripes on a sports car, with two red stripes (and also the three Adidas stripes) over a white background. Meanwhile, the clash jersey emphasizes the designs of a car from the 1950s, with its double shades of light blue and the "chrome" linings. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Abelard Motors (name suggested by rykochriste).

Up next, the Hialena Eleven of League 1!

~ Daryl

I love the home kits on this. Very well done

Thank you sir, glad you liked 'em!

Make a team with one jersey white&gold and one blue&black, with stripes like the dress. http://cdn4.dogomedia.com/images/8f2080e5-0a98-494c-8806-477433456e16/thedress_elitedaily.jpg

How could that idea slip past me like that; it's freaking brilliant (and pretty humorous, too)! I'll totally use that for a future team.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Looks great! Really liking the racing stripes idea!

Thank you! In the design process for Denton SC, it was kinda a no-brainer to add the racing stripes to the home jersey in the first place. Glad you liked it!

------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Hialena Eleven

Hialena, Alcea

Founded: 1971

Last Promoted: 2010

Championships: 2

16951554715_ced96c98d7_c.jpg

After a bit of research, I found that there are 11 players for a team at any given time on a soccer field. That was when the name for the Hialena Eleven was born. I decided that, since this would be a 1970s team, I was going to give this team a stripey, modern-looking look. I also decided to give this team a bright yellow and orange color scheme, with black as a tertiary color. The crest is simply an "H" with an "11" sublimated into the design.

The home jersey is, due to its original popularity, has been the exact same since the Eleven's inception in 1971, with its lone stripe in the style of the "1"s on the crest. The clash jersey is more modern, borrowing the color schemes from the crest and making an "H" shape on the front of the jersey, all over a two-tone orange. The kits are supplied by Puma and the sponsor is the supermarket chain Alcorp.

EDIT (6/6): I decided to give Hialena 2 championships so I wouldn't have to give too many lower-division teams championships.

League II

Tri-Cities SC

Harvey, Bayshore

Founded: 1986

Last Promoted: 2011

Last Relegated: n/a

16765328659_909e87d508_c.jpg

The team name derives from the location of the cities of Harvey, Bayshore; Dupont, Taft; and Ackerson, Alcea in one metropolitan area, which (though not stated by the name) encompasses three states. The pattern on the crest is a representation of the borders between the three states around the area, with green representing Bayshore, blue representing Alcea, and red representing Taft.

The kits follow the same basic template but emphasize the three different colors of the team's identity. Green is of least focus on the kits, as they are more represented in the crest; I felt that it was more balanced this way. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the food company Frandzen's.

~ Daryl

I think Denton SC would be perfect. Personally I don't really like the whole nickname for a team name type of thing.

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestion!

For soccer, I'm pretty much mostly using European-style names, but I also decided I'm going to add a few nicknamed teams (some real-life examples: the San Jose Earthquakes and the Tottenham Hotspurs) to add to the realism of this league.

Glad you liked Point, especially the clash! The whole idea for it fabricated with me thinking that the bottom of the whale tail also makes as a good wave, so I started from there. Then the colors just fell in later on.

I guess I'm going with Denton SC, indeed! Thanks for the suggestion!

-------------------------------------------------

League III

Denton SC

Denton, York

Founded: 1957

Last Relegated: 1998

16320493773_bb5464a6cd_c.jpg

Denton is the major "Auto City" of Los Altos, located on the very industrial northwest shore of York and halfway between Birmingham and Rattick City, Coastania. The city is heavily known for their car factories and the major racetrack not too far from it. The crest is supposed to resemble a car company logo, with me deciding to use fifty three shades of gray and black over using red or blue (I'd probably end up copying Volvo or Fiat).

The home jersey emphasizes racing stripes on a sports car, with two red stripes (and also the three Adidas stripes) over a white background. Meanwhile, the clash jersey emphasizes the designs of a car from the 1950s, with its double shades of light blue and the "chrome" linings. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Abelard Motors (name suggested by rykochriste).

Up next, the Hialena Eleven of League 1!

~ Daryl

Which series go to that track

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Great job on Hialena and Tri-Cities. You mastered the 70s look without making the kits look ugly. I especially like the home. And nice color choices (once again) for Tri-Cities. I would have been skeptical about a green, blue and red team, but the combination of large geometric shapes and darker shades makes it work.

I love how the primary on Hialena incorporates both the H and the 11! And for Tri Cities SC, I'm not too crazy about the colors (which is understandable because you have so many teams and they can't all have the same colors) but the primary and the kits are amazing! I love how the pattern in the middle of the crest shows the three different cities!

Which series go to that track

To be honest with you, I really don't know. :/ I just put the racetrack there to provide more background for the team identity.

Great job on Hialena and Tri-Cities. You mastered the 70s look without making the kits look ugly. I especially like the home. And nice color choices (once again) for Tri-Cities. I would have been skeptical about a green, blue and red team, but the combination of large geometric shapes and darker shades makes it work.

Glad you like 'em both!

For Hialena, the logo was just waiting for a 70s-style striping pattern, with the home jersey being the prime slate for it. As for Tri-Cities, I've had the whole logo drawn up a long time ago, when I was drawing maps for the Tri-Cities area; it just translated very well for a soccer logo.

I love Hialana, but Tri-Cities is really what i love in this post. I love the 2 colored uniforms separated by the stripe for them. Great work!

Thank you sir! :)

I felt that the stripes and stuff really provided balance throughout this look.

I love how the primary on Hialena incorporates both the H and the 11! And for Tri Cities SC, I'm not too crazy about the colors (which is understandable because you have so many teams and they can't all have the same colors) but the primary and the kits are amazing! I love how the pattern in the middle of the crest shows the three different cities!

For the Hialena logo, I felt that that was a nice subtle touch, myself. Haha...

Color variety is getting pretty challenging 30+ teams down, but I guess I somehow manage. But as I've replied to Philsphan, the colors and the logo have already been set quite a long time ago. Glad you like everything, though! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Fire Mountain United

Omapen, Nare

Founded: 1963

Last Relegated: 2005

16792111280_7fbe2a6251_c.jpg

Fire Mountain (which is actually two really pointy and narrow mountains) is in a popular national park located in northeast Nare. It is a popular tourist and recreational attraction. The identity of Fire Mountain United reflects the mountains' beauty, with Fire Mountain prominently featured on the crest.

Honestly, I accidentally made the home kit a coloring mess. Originally, wanted to do a solid color gradient going down the stripes, but that ended up being pretty ugly. So I whited out those and instead went with a light orange/turquoise color scheme; I decided that the coloring over the white-out made a "washed-out" look, which can be justified by representing the rapids of Fire Mountain National Park. The clash kit was much less disastrous, with it featuring a gradient representing the colors of Fire Mountain. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is The North Face.

EDIT (4/3): Completely revamped the front of the home kit.

League III

Haljax Red Bulls

Haljax, Coastania

Founded: 1997

Last Relegated: 2004

16978233792_25023686a0_c.jpg

This is a team from the "I can't believe I actually, legitimately hand-drew this" camp. In 2003, Red Bull bought a financially burdened [what was then a League II team] Haljax SC, but the team was instantly relegated to League III a year later, leading many to believe in the "Red Bull curse". I painstakingly recreated a Red Bull soccer team logo (like the New York Red Bulls'), adding "Haljax" in the same Industria font (shoutout to Conrad for the tip) as the other Red Bull teams.

The home kit is similar to the home kits of the other Red Bull teams, but this one adds a bit more blue. Same goes for the clash jersey, but this one has gray shorts and a blue jersey with red hints. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is very obviously Red Bull.

~ Daryl

Archived