Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the gradients in the logo and clash kit for Fire Mountain United! I've seen your baseball league as well and attempted at drawing a stadium and coming up with teams and lets just say it didn't turn out well at all??. So kudos to you for coming up with all these teams for all of your leagues and being able to draw them. Quick question though... Will you be doing stadiums for these teams like you did for the Alton Baseball League?

Some of the kits you're posting here are great, I really like the fact so much has gone into creating the identity of the regions the clubs come from and that it manifests in the clubs' designs. So far Mt Lee Utd has been my favourite home kit for the pinstripes and colour combo, but City SC of Rattick has the best overall set of kits in my opinion, even if they're not the most extravagant. I also like the fact the clubs take more to the European convention of naming rather than the likes of NFL, MLB etc., makes it feel more authentic to me. Keep it up! Would love to see a royal blue team in this series

i dislike haljax because of over sponsorshipp

Honestly, that's totally understandable. It's just that I felt that having a Red Bull team in my league slightly adds to its realism.

I love the gradients in the logo and clash kit for Fire Mountain United! I've seen your baseball league as well and attempted at drawing a stadium and coming up with teams and lets just say it didn't turn out well at all. So kudos to you for coming up with all these teams for all of your leagues and being able to draw them. Quick question though... Will you be doing stadiums for these teams like you did for the Alton Baseball League?

Glad you liked Fire Mountain!

As for the baseball stuff, I'm glad you liked them as well! Is it possible if you could send me a PM with pictures of your stadium attempts, perhaps? I'm pretty curious. Also, I might, just might do stadiums for the AFS, but I'm not gonna put it too high on my priorities just yet.

Some of the kits you're posting here are great, I really like the fact so much has gone into creating the identity of the regions the clubs come from and that it manifests in the clubs' designs. So far Mt Lee Utd has been my favourite home kit for the pinstripes and colour combo, but City SC of Rattick has the best overall set of kits in my opinion, even if they're not the most extravagant. I also like the fact the clubs take more to the European convention of naming rather than the likes of NFL, MLB etc., makes it feel more authentic to me. Keep it up! Would love to see a royal blue team in this series

The thing I like about my fictional country is that I've been slowly developing its identity ever since I was in elementary school (I'm a high school junior now), with these concepts putting the final polishing on these regional identities. I've always liked Mt. Lee's colors as well as Rattick's kits, so I can't disagree with you there! Also, my decision to use mostly European names at first (I've been slowly changing names here and there) is because 1) I won't have to worry about too much naming, just naming the cities is all, and 2) it kinda helps add realism to this league.

Glad you liked this series so far and I'll be sure to incorporate a royal blue team in here somehow. (Got any sponsorship name ideas, perhaps?)

---------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Ruddbury Diamonds SC

Ruddbury, Rialto

Founded: 1910

Last Relegated: 2004

Championships: 0

16999631491_6106094b04_c.jpg

The Ruddbury Diamonds were founded in 1908 as a form of diversion among the mine workers in Ruddbury (the town name is sorta a pun :P), with the diamonds being what they wished they'd run into (the mine in Ruddbury is a gigantic coal mine). The colors were originally going to be red and gray until I realized that those were the colors of City SC of Rattick, so I decided to switch it to light orange and gray, which actually looks pretty good. The crest is shaped like a miner's spade, an upside-down version of California's state highway shield, with a diamond prominently displayed in the center; the two shovels at the bottom further honors the miners who founded this club as well as the miners in the Ruddbury mine today, which remains one of the largest mines in Los Altos. The colors are two-toned in the crest.

For the home jersey, I decided that orange with gray pinstripes kinda looked cool, so I decided to go with that. The clash jersey I originally wanted to do something with gray, but I decided that neon green would be perfect for the Diamonds, as a nod to the green reflective vests that miners (and folks in construction) wear. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is the Caterpillar heavy machinery company.

Up next, Sporting Lewisburg! (If not up by tonight, it will be up tomorrow)

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

League I
Sporting Lewisburg
Lewisburg, Campbellia
Founded: 1947
Last Promoted: 2012

16815158680_70df30e1d8_c.jpg

For the Lewisburg soccer team, I decided to continue the tradition of Lewisburg teams using purple and pink, such as in the Lewisburg Hearts baseball team. The flower symbolically represents the city's location in the middle of Los Altos, with the red spot being the city and the petals represent the "converging of the rest of the country onto Lewisburg". A "SL", the team's initials, is sublimated onto the bottom of the flower.

The home jersey has a striping style very similar to Los Altos SC, but this emphasizes the team's colors of purple, pink, and red. The clash jersey is just because at least one team has gotta have a pink jersey, and it's gotta be this one. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsorship goes to the Tamarian auto company Via (pronounced vi-EYE-ah). (Shoutout to 1clkgtramg for the name suggestion. You surely got the pink and purple team you wanted! Haha...)

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Whew I have a lot to catch up on since my iPad was out of order for two weeks

I like Rattick's home kit but the stripes are sort of lopsided

St. Catherine's is an all around great concept, good job!

Parramond's crest is very well-executed and it certainly looks like something you might see in the Bundesliga

Fear the future, envy the past

Point SC is absolutely phenomenal, I have nothing else to say

Thanks for using Abelard as a sponsor, but I'm not a big fan of the crest. Other than that it's a great concept

Hialena's kits are perfection. I wasn't sure about a team called "Eleven" but you pulled it off exceptionally

I love the idea of Tri-Cities, and both the crest and jersey are great!

Fire Mountain and Haljax both rank in my top 10, the are both perfect concepts

Although they are completely different, the Ruddbury kits go well together and are well-executed individually as well.

Glad you stuck with Lewisburg pink, the kits look great!

The thing I like about my fictional country is that I've been slowly developing its identity ever since I was in elementary school (I'm a high school junior now), with these concepts putting the final polishing on these regional identities. I've always liked Mt. Lee's colors as well as Rattick's kits, so I can't disagree with you there! Also, my decision to use mostly European names at first (I've been slowly changing names here and there) is because 1) I won't have to worry about too much naming, just naming the cities is all, and 2) it kinda helps add realism to this league.

Glad you liked this series so far and I'll be sure to incorporate a royal blue team in here somehow. (Got any sponsorship name ideas, perhaps?)

Nice one, glad to know I'm not the only one with a fantasy country!

For sponsorship, assuming there isn't a ban on alcohol(?) I'll put forward "Fohlenblut Lager"

Fire Mountain--I really like the clash, but I think you need to go back and rework the home. I would probably stress the orange and the bronze (with maybe a hint of turquoise). I personally think the red looks out of place.

Haljax--Love the realism and you really did do a fantastic job on the Red Bulls logo and fonts! Is there going to be club owned by Manchester City too haha?

Ruddbury--This is some of your finest work yet! The crest is phenomenal and the kits give off a great mining vibe. The sponsorship choice completes it nicely.

Lewisburg--Again, I think the red is overused a bit in the home. Especially because Lewisburg is known for pink and purple, I would go back and make red more of a trim color.

Overall, nice concepts! I always look forward to what you have to offer. Makes me wish I had the time to work on a redesign of my Global Baseball League. Maybe this summer!

Fire Mountain--I really like the clash, but I think you need to go back and rework the home. I would probably stress the orange and the bronze (with maybe a hint of turquoise). I personally think the red looks out of place.

Haljax--Love the realism and you really did do a fantastic job on the Red Bulls logo and fonts! Is there going to be club owned by Manchester City too haha?

Ruddbury--This is some of your finest work yet! The crest is phenomenal and the kits give off a great mining vibe. The sponsorship choice completes it nicely.

Lewisburg--Again, I think the red is overused a bit in the home. Especially because Lewisburg is known for pink and purple, I would go back and make red more of a trim color.

Overall, nice concepts! I always look forward to what you have to offer. Makes me wish I had the time to work on a redesign of my Global Baseball League. Maybe this summer!

A GBL reboot would be awesome! IMO your best team was the Monterrey 'Zumas

The clash kit on Ruddbury is my favorite kit so far! I also love the logo of Lewisburg! Great job!

Thank you! Glad you liked Ruddbury and Lewisburg! Ruddbury surely was a fun one to do, indeed!

Whew I have a lot to catch up on since my iPad was out of order for two weeks

I like Rattick's home kit but the stripes are sort of lopsided

St. Catherine's is an all around great concept, good job!

Parramond's crest is very well-executed and it certainly looks like something you might see in the Bundesliga

Point SC is absolutely phenomenal, I have nothing else to say

Thanks for using Abelard as a sponsor, but I'm not a big fan of the crest. Other than that it's a great concept

Hialena's kits are perfection. I wasn't sure about a team called "Eleven" but you pulled it off exceptionally

I love the idea of Tri-Cities, and both the crest and jersey are great!

Fire Mountain and Haljax both rank in my top 10, the are both perfect concepts

Although they are completely different, the Ruddbury kits go well together and are well-executed individually as well.

Glad you stuck with Lewisburg pink, the kits look great!

For Rattick, the lopsided striping on the home kit is actually intentional, reflecting the curve going down the team's crest.

Parramond was very certainly inspired by the Bundesliga, and it is one of several German-inspired teams I have planned for my league.

As for Denton SC, sorry to have disappointed you with the crest for your team; it's just that I tried mimicking a car logo without ending up accidentally making a duplicate of a car company logo, so I just ended up with several shades of gray. However, I am glad you like everything else about your team! :)

Glad you liked all the other teams! St. Catherine is one of my personal favorites, and Haljax was one I'm proud of having done simply because of its difficulty in drawing it.

Also, did you get my PM about league simulations?

Yussssssss Via!!!! Looks awesome, I'll take the pink jersey please! :)

Glad you liked your team, sir! :)

Nice one, glad to know I'm not the only one with a fantasy country!

For sponsorship, assuming there isn't a ban on alcohol(?) I'll put forward "Fohlenblut Lager"

There's several others on here with fictional countries, as well.

And I'd totally be fine with an alcohol sponsorship (the sponsor for East City SC is a brewery, so...). Fohlenblut Lager will be coming sometime soon enough. Thanks for the suggestion!

Can you use Ranola as a sponsor, again?

Ranola is indeed in my list for sponsorships for future teams, so stay tuned!

I decided to take your advice for Fire Mountain and completely redo the front of the home jersey, as it was admittedly fairly disastrous anyways. I decided to keep the mountain motif, but using a sorta-argyle design instead of the chevron-style original. The tweaked version is up where I posted the original Fire Mountain concept. I don't see the red you're talking about, though... :/

Haljax was such a difficult team for me to draw, but it makes me so proud of myself seeing the final product, after all that hard work. Haha. Glad you liked this one!

I really liked Ruddbury, myself. Glad you like it, sir! :)

I do understand your suggestion that I tone down the red on the home kit, but I wanted to distinguish Lewisburg from Los Altos, which has a very similar striping scheme as the Lewisburg home kit.

Still got about 58 teams left to go! Also, I don't recall your Global Baseball League, mind posting a link to it?

Just caught myself up with these and they're great!! I love the neon clash for Ruddbury!

Thank you! I figured that I neon green clash would be just perfect for Ruddbury!

----------------------------------------------------

League III

Pelican Shore SC

Lapelle, Coastania

Founded: 1992

Last Relegated: 2009

16839231750_f8f81edcd4_c.jpg

The Pelican Shore is located to the northwest of the Los Altos metropolitan area, with the city of Lapelle being the region's largest city. The crest symbolizes the region's namesake with a simple, elegant pelican (with its wings sorta outlining the curve of the coast in the area) on a cerulean background. One of my ideas for this crest was a Tottenham-inspired design, but I decided to go with a logo that's a hybrid of Minnesota United logo and 2014 NBA All Star Game secondary logo.

The kits are fairly colorful ones. The home kit shows the "front" of a pelican, with the "wings" (the sleeves) converging into pinstripes on the front of the jersey. The clash jersey has two lines representing the pelican's wings on a cerulean shirt. The kits are supplied by the Chinese sportswear company Li-Ning (the central Coastania coast does have a large Asian population) and the sponsor is the sports car company Elite Creations.

EDIT (4/4): Added two-toning on the yellow slashes on the clash jersey, as suggested by mamiller99.

Up next, Real Santiago!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I can't believe that I've been away from this thread for so long! The intricate design on the home looks really cool, but I think it'd be cool if the yellow swoosh on the clash was 2-tone. Can't wait to see Valle Bueno!

That's what- She

Archived