Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the pelican looks a little forced in there maybe shrink it

i think it looks great

Huge improvement on Fire Mountain btw! May I suggest/request another wacky League 3 team, maybe with rainbow colors?

Fear the future, envy the past

Umm..., the pelican was actually intended to be designed that way, with the pelican being shaped the way it is purposely. So that's that...

I can't believe that I've been away from this thread for so long! The intricate design on the home looks really cool, but I think it'd be cool if the yellow swoosh on the clash was 2-tone. Can't wait to see Valle Buena!

I certainly wondered where you went off to! Glad you're back! Haha...

Glad you liked Pelican Shore! I took your suggestion and two-toned the yellow swoosh on the clash kit, with the edited version on that post.

I'll eventually get to Valle Buena (no ideas for it yet), but I'll make sure that 1) it'll be sponsored by Millenter and 2) it'll look great. Stay tuned!

Huge improvement on Fire Mountain and Pelican Shore blows me away. That is a beautiful kit. Truly exceptional!

Thank you, sir! And thanks for helping be improve Fire Mountain, I really appreciate it!

I love Pelican Shore! What you did with the home unis is just incredible!! The color combination is great as well!

Pelican Shore color scheme might just be my new favourite all time, great job!

Glad you guys liked Pelican Shore! I thought that the cerulean and golden yellow would look great together, and that the wing pattern deserved a spot on the home jersey. Certainly looked great in the end!

i think it looks great

Huge improvement on Fire Mountain btw! May I suggest/request another wacky League 3 team, maybe with rainbow colors?

Thank you, sir!

I'd certainly love to fulfill your request! In fact, I have Menilly Celtic in League III, which is an ethnic Irish team. Maybe it could signal an appearance of the Milwaukee Bucks' Irish Rainbow, perhaps. Stay tuned!

---------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Real Santiago

Santiago Bay, Taft

Founded: 1899

Last Promoted: 2003

Championships: 3

17048498402_6c01e42fed_c.jpg

Santiago Bay (then named Bahia de Santiago) was a major port city in Los Altos (and still is) during its Spanish colonial days. The crest pays homage to that Spanish history. The Cross of St. James (the Spanish refer to St. James as "Santiago") with the Spanish crown on top of it is under a shield (shaped like the shield in the Spanish coat of arms) with an "RS" monogram inside of the shield. The colors mahogany and bronze yellow are the state colors of the State of Taft, the colors which are modified from the colors of Spain.

The home kit is a simple design composed of bronze yellow, horizontal stripes with red trim. The clash jersey is much simpler, with the diagonal light blue sash comes from the Nike teamwear kits being an homage to the Flag of Galicia, where the city of Santiago de Compostela is located in Spain. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Emirates airline.

A team with the Cross of St. James on Easter Sunday, eh?

The maps on the first page have been updated to reflect several team name changes since the league's initial conception.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Umm..., the pelican was actually intended to be designed that way, with the pelican being shaped the way it is purposely. So that's that...

I can't believe that I've been away from this thread for so long! The intricate design on the home looks really cool, but I think it'd be cool if the yellow swoosh on the clash was 2-tone. Can't wait to see Valle Buena!

I certainly wondered where you went off to! Glad you're back! Haha...

Glad you liked Pelican Shore! I took your suggestion and two-toned the yellow swoosh on the clash kit, with the edited version on that post.

I'll eventually get to Valle Buena (no ideas for it yet), but I'll make sure that 1) it'll be sponsored by Millenter and 2) it'll look great. Stay tuned!

Huge improvement on Fire Mountain and Pelican Shore blows me away. That is a beautiful kit. Truly exceptional!

Thank you, sir! And thanks for helping be improve Fire Mountain, I really appreciate it!

I love Pelican Shore! What you did with the home unis is just incredible!! The color combination is great as well!

Pelican Shore color scheme might just be my new favourite all time, great job!

Glad you guys liked Pelican Shore! I thought that the cerulean and golden yellow would look great together, and that the wing pattern deserved a spot on the home jersey. Certainly looked great in the end!

i think it looks great

Thank you, sir!

I'd certainly love to fulfill your request! In fact, I have Menilly Celtic in League III, which is an ethnic Irish team. Maybe it could signal an appearance of the Milwaukee Bucks' Irish Rainbow, perhaps. Stay tuned!

League IReal Santiago

Santiago Bay, TaftFounded: 1899Last Promoted: 2003Championships: 3

17048498402_6c01e42fed_c.jpg

Santiago Bay (then named Bahia de Santiago) was a major port city in Los Altos (and still is) during its Spanish colonial days. The crest pays homage to that Spanish history. The Cross of St. James (the Spanish refer to St. James as "Santiago") with the Spanish crown on top of it is under a shield (shaped like the shield in the Spanish coat of arms) with an "RS" monogram inside of the shield. The colors mahogany and bronze yellow are the state colors of the State of Taft, the colors which are modified from the colors of Spain.

The home kit is a simple design composed of bronze yellow, horizontal stripes with red trim. The clash jersey is much simpler, with the diagonal light blue sash comes from the Nike teamwear kits being an homage to the Flag of Galicia, where the city of Santiago de Compostela is located in Spain. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Emirates airline.

A team with the Cross of St. James on Easter Sunday, eh?

The maps on the first page have been updated to reflect several team name changes since the league's initial conception.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

the Galician-style clashes look great. Glad to see Fly Emirates, the most legendary soccer and tennis sponsor of All Time, make an appearance!

the Galician-style clashes look great. Glad to see Fly Emirates, the most legendary soccer and tennis sponsor of All Time, make an appearance!

Glad you liked the Real Santiago clash!

Emirates sure is a rich airline, buying all these sponsorships and stuff. Haha...

Damn.... That crest though!

Thank you! I forgot to mention in the description that it is based heavily off of the Celta Vigo (of the Spanish La Liga) crest.

Love it!! More Cyclone colors always makes me happy! :) looks great as usual! I honestly don't know what else to say!

Thank you, sir! You really love your Iowa Cyclones, don't you? Haha...

I love Pelican Shore! I'm from Louisiana so they are kind of in our culture so great job!!

Pelicans are quite underused in sports (with the New Orleans Pelicans doing it almost perfectly), and glad you could personally relate to Pelican Shore!

Whatever you are doing to get these ideas, keep doing it cuz these are phenomenal.

A lotta times, I really don't know how I get all these ideas. Mostly based on intuition and added upon by a bit of research. Also, suggestions from the replies to this topic are a big help as well. Glad you're liking this series!

-----------------------------------------------------

League III

Menilly Celtic SC

Menilly, Glenvie

Founded: 1924

Last Relegated: 1993

Championships: 0

16908994399_726880e692_c.jpg

The southeastern portions of Los Altos are populated with a significantly-sized Irish population. And this demographic is represented through Menilly's team. The crest is composed of a green-and-gold version of the Irish coat of arms, with the harp at the center of the crest.

The home jersey is a predominantly green jersey, with a little stripe thing that I honestly don't know what was gonna be in the first place, but it looked kinda pretty. The clash jersey has a Milwaukee Bucks-esque Irish rainbow on the sleeves of a predominantly white jersey. The kits are supplied by Alton supplier Galuken and the sponsor is Paddock Auto Service.

Up next, Sun Valley SC!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Pure greatness with this set! I love the stripes on the clash, as well as the home uniform! And I must correct you; it is the Iowa State Cyclones. The "other" team here is the Iowa Hawkyes. Great job!

Thanks, sir! Glad you liked 'em!

The clash looks phenomenal... Funny, from afar, the crest on the kit looks like a big ol pitcher of Irish beer! (Maybe I'm just seeing that)

Thank you, and also thanks for the suggestion of a rainbow motif. Probably wasn't the one you were thinking of, but I'm still glad you liked it!

And yeah, the crest kinda does look like a pitcher of beer from some distance! Haha...

I love the use of the different shades of green in the stripes on the clash!

Thank you, sir! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

League I

Sun Valley SC

Paradise, Nare

Founded: 1967

Last Promoted: 2011

17077602706_df96dbb184_c.jpg

One of the two teams in Paradise, this one emphasizes the amount of sunlight that this desert city receives (and that's like, a lot). A simple, modern crest, it consists of a "SV" monogram, with the upper half of the "S" forming a sun, and sunbursts at the top. The yellows represent the sun (duh) and the taupe represents the desert sands.

The home jersey greatly emphasizes the sunburst motif, composed mostly of bright yellows. The clash jersey was originally going to be a taupe-and-white hooped jersey (the angling represents the "valley"), but I decided to add the light yellow to differentiate this team from other teams with hooped kits (especially Rattick). The kits are supplied by Puma (I can never, ever draw their logo right) and the sponsor is Icon Wireless.

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

That crest is pure genius, between the combo of the S and the V and the use of multiple shades of yellow at the top. Great work

I WAS thinking more like a Hawaii rainbow design (http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/hawaii-1959-uniforms.jpg best uniform of all time ever in the history of the world ever)... However, The monochromatic-green rainbow is a good luck, especially on the sleeves.

That crest is pure genius, between the combo of the S and the V and the use of multiple shades of yellow at the top. Great work

I WAS thinking more like a Hawaii rainbow design (http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/hawaii-1959-uniforms.jpg best uniform of all time ever in the history of the world ever)... However, The monochromatic-green rainbow is a good luck, especially on the sleeves.

Glad you liked that modernist crest, my friend!

I was originally gonna plan on doing a traditional-style rainbow, but the Irish-ness of this team kinda warranted an Irish rainbow. Haha...

Great! Sun Valley reminds me of Arizona's "Valley of the Sun". The color combo is great and I love the design on the home set!

Phoenix was pretty much my basis for the nickname of this place! Glad you liked the "sunny" colors and designs for Sun Valley SC!

That freaking logo!! Danggggg it's simple as hell but it just works... I don't know how to explain it lol

A simple, modern logo. Those are pretty cool to make. Haha...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Neyburn SC

Neyburn, New Mifaria

Founded: 1967

Last Relegated: 1998

16924167330_c06a5d2ffe_c.jpg

A friend of mine requested me to do a team inspired by Paris-St. Germain, so this identity was born. I already knew that I wouldn't have all that many good ideas for this eastern team, so I decided to give Neyburn the red, white, and blue for this time. I wanted to make a fairly simple crest with this one, so I just angled the "N" and put red on one half and blue on the other.

The home jersey kinda (inaccurately) depicts the angle of the "N" on the crest with a white slash through the center of the torso. The clash jersey is more simple, with a white jersey with white trim and two horizontal red lines going through the top-center of the front of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike (like PSG) and the sponsor is an Alton branch of Atlas Van Lines (my friend originally requested the weapons-making Atlas Corporation from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, but since Los Altos is a very pacifist country, I decided to change the Atlas company.)

Up next, Central City SC!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Archived