Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

Oh don't worry, my friend, that team is still in my agenda, just no specifics in mind yet. Would you like to name this fictional charity, though? :)

I'm not good at naming, unfortunately.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great! I love the simplicity of it, and once again, I love what you did on the clash!

And the simplicity of the crest is great!!

Glad both of you guys liked the simplistic Granby designs!

I really like the simplicity of Granby SC. Any word on Cape Harriton?

Glad you liked Granby!

As for Cape Harriton, I decided to give it the Mifarian-ized name of Cape Hareten. That team's the second team in this post. Again, thanks for the suggestion!

Is Fokai like FuBu (For Us By Us) for indigenous people? For Our Kind Alton Indians... I like that. Of course, this is only assuming that Native Altons are the ones that live in urban areas.

(I'm Cherokee I can make that joke)

Speaking of which, I think a native-themed kit would be very cool. As for Granby you did 1.) make a normal kit look nice and 2.) make a black jersey have legible sponsors, so I applaud you on your work... Great as always!

As for your simulation thing, I'm going to wait it out until all of the teams are posted, but I do have some ideas. ;)

Honestly, I really have no real basis for the Fokai name, other than a friend of mine suggesting me to do "Fokai Fam" as a sponsor. Although I can probably make it a Native (that's simply what the native peoples of Los Altos are called) clothing brand, indeed!

Simple kits (and simple Umbro kits) is the kinda stuff I like to do.And I figured that, to have legible sponsors on black jerseys, I gotta make it big enough so I could outline a white space for it. But the NOB is too small for this treatment, so I color that area lightly to show it's still there.

A Native-inspired kit would be pretty cool, probably for an Etiwanda team.

And may I ask about your ideas for the simulation? :)

awww dang, East City is indeed Lavender haha, I missed the start of this series.

Still gonna be holding on for denim looking shorts... I can dream! That's what being a Tamarian is all about!! :P

also a side point about "boring" designs, maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist but I find they round out leagues, especially in soccer where anyone/team can win in a sense. So you could imagine that some older teams that had basic designs might have moved up recently but kept there look. Also, basic designs can become iconic in their own right i.e. Real Madrid, New York Cosmos, Man City, etc. Of course you are allowed to do what you want, I was just throwing suggestions out there. :)

I do agree with Daryl, denim shorts might be toooooo crazy, but maybe a jeans company can make a denim pattern for the kit... I also agree with you that some of the most iconic kits in football/soccer are traditional. But hey, this is Los Altos, remember :)

As I've said before, traditional and unorthodox looks coexist to create balance in the Alton Federation of Soccer. Some teams (older or not) have more traditional looks, while others have the unorthodox looks.

A denim pattern can possibly be feasible, but in no way denim shorts would see the light of day in the world of soccer, even in Los Altos. Sorry~

I'm not good at naming, unfortunately.

Worry not, my friend, I based the name of that charity off of your username initials, creating the Banere Turen Foundation, sponsoring the next team...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Quenlock SC

Quenlock, Magainy

Founded: 1949

Last Promoted: 1999

Last Relegated: 2007

Championships: 0

16561254984_a5afe11ec4_c.jpg

The dress team! The white/gold or blue/black dress! A team whose colors were suggested by Bomba Tomba, this is the lesser of the three major soccer teams in the St. Catherine area (the other two are in League I). The crest is very simple, with navy blue and blue vertical stripes and "Quenlock SC" in gold on a white background.

The home kit uses the vertical two-tone blue stripes with black trim. The clash jersey is a very simple white jersey, with gold stripes at the bottom of the front of the jersey and gold shorts. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the Banere Turen Foundation.

League III

Cape Hareten SC

Cape Hareten, Abrii

Founded: 1983

Last Relegated: N/A

17182032152_082718c6ba_c.jpg

This is dolphins91's requested team. Cape Hareten SC (a Mifarian place name) is a nautical-inspired identity, with its focal point being the town's famous lighthouse. The shape itself is a steering wheel of a ship, and inside of it a windmill and a light blue representing the ocean.

The home kit borrows the diagonal striping of the lighthouse and uses its blue-and-white color scheme. The clash kit abstractly represents the lighthouse at night, with the lighthouse (gray on the jersey) illuminating (with its yellow "light") the night sky. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is Evergreen Inn & Suites (sponsorship suggestion from dolphins91).

~ Daryl

Sweet another St Cats team! :P I like the offset striping but I thing the 2 tone should carry over on the arms (right arm should be dark blue) but other than that, I like it.

Cape Hareten looks great, that logo is freaking awesome!

And I didn't explain myself properly, I meant a denim pattern, no way would actual denim cloth make any sense on the field haha.

I wasn't too big on a dress-themed soccer kit but I've gotta admit they look pretty good, and the crest and sponsor of Cape Hareton look fantastic. I'll be excited to see the Cultuners soccer counterpart coming up! As for your simulation thing, one thing I can say is that there will be no machines or computers involved... >:)

Fear the future, envy the past

Sweet another St Cats team! :P I like the offset striping but I thing the 2 tone should carry over on the arms (right arm should be dark blue) but other than that, I like it.

Cape Hareten looks great, that logo is freaking awesome!

And I didn't explain myself properly, I meant a denim pattern, no way would actual denim cloth make any sense on the field haha.

And the third and final St. Catherine team is coming up!

For Quenlock, I didn't really know what do about the arm stripes, but that would've been a good idea. Unfortunately, it's a bit too hard of a change now. :/

As for Cape Hareten, I'm glad you liked it!

I did understand what you meant about the denim pattern and not the cloth. Denim cloth just seems silly. Haha...

I wasn't too big on a dress-themed soccer kit but I've gotta admit they look pretty good, and the crest and sponsor of Cape Hareton look fantastic. I'll be excited to see the Cultuners soccer counterpart coming up! As for your simulation thing, one thing I can say is that there will be no machines or computers involved... > :)

The dress-themed kits was a request that I couldn't simply decline, as it was a good idea itself. Glad you liked Cape Hareten as well! (Basically, these past two teams, and to a lesser extent this next one, have been request teams that I wanted to fill) And I'll get Etiwanda done eventually!

For the simulation, does it involve you writing everything down? Haha...

You didn't use my colors!! lol, jk. I love cape hareten's crest and kits. The clash kit is genious too. I can't wait for more!

Sorry 'bout that! Just felt that a maritime theme warranted the use of blues, and I'm glad you liked it regardless! But I'll certainly use green and orange for another team (it is Alton national colors, after all!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Catherine City SC

St. Catherine, Magainy

Founded: 1968

Last Promoted: 2005

17194287811_78b7ae4d66_c.jpg

The Southend Kickers were a struggling soccer club beginning in the mid-2000s until the ownership group that owns clubs like Manchester City, New York City FC, and Melbourne City bought the Kickers in 2011, rebranding the team as Catherine City SC. The roundel is in the style of NYCFC and Melbourne, with the Kickers' (and the city of St. Catherine's) colors of light blue and yellow. The patterns on the crest are the checkered pattern of the St. Catherine city flag and the cross, which represents the view of the tower of the city's famed cathedral, as seen from the inside of the cathedral. Though hardly seen through the scan, the little dividing parts of the outer roundel are blue doves.

The home kit uses the Manchester City light blue, with this rendition having a gradient from light blue to white going down the jersey, all with yellow trim. The clash kit uses the taupe color of the cathedral, with the saltire cross in front of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and, like all the other teams owned by Manchester City, the sponsor is Etihad Airways.

~ Daryl

Basically yes, most of the simulation will be hand drawn

Btw the home kit for Saint Catherine's is very well-executed!

Ooh, should be interesting! If you can, would you mind PMing me any progress, if you have any, on it? That'd be appreciated. :)

And I'm glad you liked the third St. Catherine team!

Beautiful kits all around! Great choice for clash colors too.

Thank you, sir!

And that's kinda the cool thing about soccer kits, too. The clash jersey could either utilize the team's colors or use completely different colors altogether.

I love the Catherine City set! The gradient on the home set is just perfect, and I love more aviation sponsors. American Airlines would be a cool sponsor to see.

Glad you liked Catherine City, and its home kit gradient! :) There are several more aviation sponsors to come, but I'm not sure if American Airlines could make the cut. But we'll see!

ouffffff, yesssss!!! I'd love to see white shorts on that home kit!! absolutely amazing

Well, the shorts could easily be switched (in real life; it'd be hard to do any recoloring on the drawing at this point ;P), but I'm glad you liked it anyways!

I like the different colors of the clash

Thank you, sir!

----------------------------------------------------------------

League I

Etiwanda United

Etiwanda, Tescara

Founded: 1953

Last Promoted: 2008

Championships: 1

17021256829_a0a753f2af_c.jpg

Etiwanda United embodies the proud warrior heritage of the local Natives in the area, right in southeastern Tescara (and the southeastern tip of Los Altos), next to the Mifarian border. The crest is composed of an arrowhead, two bows, and a black circle with an "E" inside of the arrowhead. I decided to use purple and black for this team because 1) I didn't want to use the colors of Tescara Republic SC (purple and gold) to the north and 2) these colors just look damn cool!

The home kit's pattern came upon me during church today when, during my usual daydreaming, I looked at my shirt from today and saw this same chevron pattern. I decided to use the team's colors with this pattern and voila! The purple clash jersey has the black "zig-zag" pattern across the chest and the sleeves, where it is obstructed by the obligational Adidas stripes on the sleeve. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is the clothing brand Platypi.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Coming up, Caceres CF and a little birthday surprise from me tomorrow! :)

~ Daryl

The dress team! The white/gold or blue/black dress! A team whose colors were suggested by Bomba Tomba, this is the lesser of the three major soccer teams in the St. Catherine area (the other two are in League I). The crest is very simple, with navy blue and blue vertical stripes and "Quenlock SC" in gold on a white background.

The home kit uses the vertical two-tone blue stripes with black trim. The clash jersey is a very simple white jersey, with gold stripes at the bottom of the front of the jersey and gold shorts. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the Banere Turen Foundation.

Yeah yeah! I'm now a fan of this.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Yeah yeah! I'm now a fan of this.

Thank you, sir! Glad you liked it! :)

Etiwanda is perfect! The chevron pattern is great and works well, and I love what you did with the clash! Happy Birthday, btw

Glad you liked Etiwanda, my friend! :)

And thanks for the birthday wish!

The home kit is AMAZING. Well done my friend

Thank you, sir! It is an intricate pattern, indeed!

day late happy birthday!!!!! :woot: BTW, Spark my fake energy bar/Drink would like to sponsor a kit. I will send you the logo over pm if you want.

Thanks for the birthday wish! :)

And I'd be happy to sponsor Spark! Can you please PM me the logo?

Agreed the color scheme is great, glad to see I could give more ideas

Happy belated birthday as well! Hope it was a good one!

Any feedback from anyone is greatly appreciated, and I'm glad you liked Etiwanda's colors!

And my birthday was indeed a great one! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Cáceres CF

Cáceres, Monquin

Founded: 1965

Last Relegated: 1986

17044718609_652df10046_c.jpg

Cáceres Club de Fútbol. I usually stay very modest in terms of naming stuff, but I decided to name a city after my family name, which derives from Nueva Cáceres, the old name of Naga City, Philippines, which derives from the city in Spain. The crest has a few personal attachments to it, with orange (my favorite color) being prevalent with a checker pattern of 25 areas (my dad likes the number 25 for some reason). And there's obviously a crown. Haha...

The home jersey is a "plaid" pattern that has both light orange and orange; the hoops converge at the top of the jersey. The clash jersey incorporates more red, with vertical white stripes going down the red center of the jersey. The kits are supplied by Puma and the sponsor is Lander Computer Corporation (LCC).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to my [belated] birthday surprise from me to every one of you.

With 50 teams down, I decided to post maps that have all the league logos so far. So without further ado, here they are!

League I

17205202286_292209ecc1_c.jpg

League II

17230593981_8ff4dc14a1_c.jpg

League III

16610941573_b4622e6f3b_c.jpg

(I really, really wanted to post this yesterday, but technical difficulties last night prevented me from doing so. :/)

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

I really like how the crest corresponds to the home kit, well done!

I'm almost done with some player drawings for the league, I'll be sure to dm you the link when I'm done!

Quick question: I've run out of ideas for my own soccer teams, would you mind if I use some of your sponsors? (Via, Standard Bank and Clipper are the ones I'm thinking of at the moment). Also, seeing as my baseball concept got nowhere, I may start up a soccer concept, since I have more team development. Hint hint

Fear the future, envy the past

Archived