Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

Back on track! The home and clash complement each other really well for Jacksonville. I guess for Prairielands, I didn't like the full bright yellow on the home and the lightly-shaded yellow on the clash shoulders. I know what you were going for, but the lightly shaded clash shoulders looked like a mistake. In my opinion, the clash should use the same shades/colors as the home like Jacksonville OR dramatically different colors like Albion. That's just my personal preference.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Jacksonville! The crest is outstanding, and I really like what you did with both uniforms. The simplicity of them is what really makes them good.

Thank you, sir! The crest design is actually a hybrid design between two striping patterns: one was a vertical striping and the other was a diagonal striping that a friend told me it "looks too much like the Volkswagen logo", so I decided that this design I came up with was a reasonable compromise. And I'm glad you liked the kits' simplicity!

:D

Looks great! Thanks for the sponsorship!

I don't mind that you changed it up a bit.

Thanks! And thank you for the sponsorship suggestion as well!

Back on track! The home and clash complement each other really well for Jacksonville. I guess for Prairielands, I didn't like the full bright yellow on the home and the lightly-shaded yellow on the clash shoulders. I know what you were going for, but the lightly shaded clash shoulders looked like a mistake. In my opinion, the clash should use the same shades/colors as the home like Jacksonville OR dramatically different colors like Albion. That's just my personal preference.

Thanks, for the feedback, sir! Honestly, the light yellow on the Prairielands clash was more of an afterthought, as I wanted something to fill that space. But after reading your comment, I decided to simply just erase that light yellow.

Prarielands is perfect! I like how the crest comes from Olympique de Marseille. And again, thanks for the sponsorship!

Thank you! Marseille indeed has a cool logo, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to include that style logo in my league.

And thanks for the sponsorship suggestion!

I love the crest. also, there is just something about Umbro kits that I love

I do indeed like the striping on the Jacksonville crest, as well! Umbro kits I also like because they're usually just so damn simple and classy, and I'm glad you liked it, too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Ethel Jets

Ethel, Coastania

Founded: 1991

Last Relegated: N/A

Championships: 0

16793304214_af50659ae5_c.jpg

The Ethel Jets are one of the newer teams in the Alton Federation of Soccer. The team name comes from the fact that the Aeromain (an Alton commercial aircraft company) has its main factory in Ethel, a city located just between Los Altos and Larfa. I decided to go the American way of giving an actual nickname for this team instead of a European-styled name (the working name was Ethel SC) to give a little more variety to the league. I was deciding on whether to use a light blue/yellow or a light blue/orange color scheme for this team, and I decided that the latter color scheme was more attractive for this "sunny" city. The crest originally was supposed to look like the outline of some kinda fighter jet, but it seems to have translated to more of a pre-2014 San Jose Earthquakes crest kinda look. The streaks inside the crest can represent either sunbursts or the contrails of an airplane.

The home kit is a very conservative look, with light blue sleeves and shoulders and with orange trim. The clash kit uses the sunburst/contrail theme on a bold, orange jersey. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is Aeromain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for the next few teams, I need some help in deciding what exactly I should do for their crests. One is the Valley Hills team, and I wanna use musical influences for that team. I want to use the 5 lines on a music sheet (I don't know exactly what they're called) somehow, but I don't know if my simple, rectangular logo with "VH" on the top and the 5 lines on the bottom would do. Also, I do have an idea for one of the Gallinne teams, but I don't know how I'd do another industrial team without copying from Birmingham United.

Any thoughts?

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Reminds me of an Australian team for some reason.... Anyway, I love how the crest plays in to the away kit!

For Gallinne, a Hammer could work but whatever suits you is best.

Fear the future, envy the past

Guitar Pick shape logo, it helps because a "V" would fit in it easily. You could probably have the staff (the lines) either run through the middle or below the pick and have the "EST 1972" there or the team name. I would say stay away from the notes on the logo, maybe include the notes on the back of the neck.

Reminds me of an Australian team for some reason.... Anyway, I love how the crest plays in to the away kit!

For Gallinne, a Hammer could work but whatever suits you is best.

I guess the colors of Ethel do look like something outta the A-League! And I'm glad you liked the away kit!

I'll certainly take into consideration a hammer motif (or a similar tool used by steelworkers) for the future Gallinne Steelmen, using a logo similar to Charlton Athletic in England. I'll probably use one of your name suggestions (or a new one) for that team. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Guitar Pick shape logo, it helps because a "V" would fit in it easily. You could probably have the staff (the lines) either run through the middle or below the pick and have the "EST 1972" there or the team name. I would say stay away from the notes on the logo, maybe include the notes on the back of the neck.

How could I have totally overlooked the guitar pick logo! I decided to use a hybrid of your suggestion and my formerly proposed rectangular logo. More on that in a bit...

And thanks for the suggestion as always! :)

For Gallinne, I would add something like steel bars or like a bridge sort of structure but that's just me

That's actually one of the ideas I have for one of the Gallinne teams; having two smokestacks "bridged" by an arch of some sort. So you basically read my past mind here. Haha...

------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Valley Hills SC

Valley Hills, Rialto

Founded: 1966

Last Promoted: 2001

Last Relegated: 2016

17435564976_31ea9faf66_c.jpg

The logo for this team involved more sketches than I normally would. I wanted to incorporate a staff (the 5 lines on a music sheet) in there somehow and making the logo as simple as can be. Originally, I was gonna go for a rectangular logo until 1clkgtramg suggested a guitar pick logo, so I decided to go for that. The colors are black and white (like a music sheet) and navy blue (because of the city's famous blues music).

The home kit builds on the whole "music sheet" motif, with black sleeves and the staff going through the front and back of the jersey. The clash kit follows the blues music motif, with navy blue sleeves and a blue jersey. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is the world-famous Hayward Street Recording Studio.

Up next, the Gallinne Steelmen!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I am very impressed with the creativity and consistency that goes into these. Just based on the amount of these you're able to turn out, it kind of amazes me how high the quality is on all of them. I see quality and quantity in this thread and I very much enjoy it (especially as it's hand done)

This Valley Hills one is probably my favorite I've seen here so far. I personally am a very big fan of black and white and those two different blues, respectively. The issue I've seen is that they're not often done well. But I have no complaints here. Excellent uniforms, as usual. Keep up the good work.

I am very impressed with the creativity and consistency that goes into these. Just based on the amount of these you're able to turn out, it kind of amazes me how high the quality is on all of them. I see quality and quantity in this thread and I very much enjoy it (especially as it's hand done)

This Valley Hills one is probably my favorite I've seen here so far. I personally am a very big fan of black and white and those two different blues, respectively. The issue I've seen is that they're not often done well. But I have no complaints here. Excellent uniforms, as usual. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, sir! I really like making the close details of each look, while keeping it all fairly consistent (most easily with the help of my templates). Furthermore, I find the best of my abilities with hand-drawn concepts, as I just cannot funnel my creativity into a mouse as I can on a paper.

As for Valley Hills, I'm glad that you can call it your favorite! The only hard part, especially this far into my series, is keeping the use of certain colors different enough for different teams.

Looks great! Quick question though, is there a blue outline on the crest?

Thanks! And that is indeed a navy blue outline around the crest.

Looks great! I love how you incorporated the music sheet into the uniforms, and I love the color choice!

The music sheet was only begging to be put as a striping design, and also a design that the Adidas sleeve stripes won't look to glaring on. Glad you liked it all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Gallinne Steelmen

Gallinne, Magainy

Founded: 1924

Last Promoted: 1993

Last Relegated: 2005

17576115992_a2b425d0fc_c.jpg

The idea for the Steelmen was inspired by rykochriste's suggestion, and incorporates a hammer into this working-class team. Founded before the addition of Magainy to Los Altos, the Steelmen have a storied history, being founded by Gallinne steelworkers to pass the time. The crest is a simple shield with a hammer inside of it, similar to the look of Charlton Athletic in England.

The home kit is the classic, gray hooped kit the team is famous for. The clash kit evokes an iron beam, with the circles on the front of the jersey resembling rivets on a rusted beam. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Alton Steel (shortened to AlSteel).

Up next, the other Gallinne team, Gallinne SC!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I have always found your concepts to be exceptionally done, especially for hand drawn ones. Your inspirations behind the designs and the final product just are really cool. Love the Steelmen. That whole brand is just outstanding, especially that rusting metal road uni.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I have always found your concepts to be exceptionally done, especially for hand drawn ones. Your inspirations behind the designs and the final product just are really cool. Love the Ironmen. That whole brand is just outstanding, especially that rusting metal road uni.

Thank you! :) I always find some kinda creative ideas all around me, and some research further immerses each theme.

And I'm glad you liked the Steelmen as well!

Really nice. I remember from your baseball concepts that Gallinne was an industrial city. Is it going to be industrial themed here as well?

Thanks! And you are right in both statements: Gallinne is indeed an industrial city and both Gallinne soccer teams are both based off the city's industrial nature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

League I

SC Gallinne

Gallinne, Magainy

Founded: 1935

Last Promoted: 2008

Championships: 1

17653676942_4b7efd6bd7_c.jpg

The second (and more successful) Gallinne soccer team is also based on industry. The crest is supposed to evoke smokestacks, the city's famous arch bridge, as well as the molten metals of its steel mills. I went with the Liverpool approach in adding the team's motto ("We let the embers roar") at the bottom of the crest.

The home kit evokes the arch bridge, with the black being the steel trusses and the tan being the bridge's anchorages. The away kit goes to the whole molten metal motif, with orange strips on a black background. The kits are supplied by Puma and the sponsor is the video game company Ranola (name suggested by JakeTheLogoMaker)

League I

Olympic Portside

Portside, Magainy

Founded: 1996

Last Promoted: 2003

Championships: 2

17656132795_3c058a07c8_c.jpg

In 1996, the city of Portside in the eastern Alton shore played host to the Summer Olympic Games (sorry, Atlanta). At around the same time, the original Portside soccer team went bankrupt, so a new ownership group created a new major league soccer team in the area and branded and named it in celebration of the Olympics. Olympic grandfathered the lone championship of the former team while they won one of their own in the 2000s. The crest is a hexagonal shield showcasing the architectural styles of Olympic Stadium, where the team plays its matches. The Olympic torch takes the main focus, while the founding date of 1996 is at the top of the crest. The idea of the crest was inspired by my recently discovering of raysox's Yakball concepts, most specifically his original idea for his Exhibition Toronto logo.

The home kit plays on the torch motif, with the "blue" torch, on a light blue gradient, goes up the middle of the front jersey to the yellow collar, the "flame". The away kit is based on the column styles of the stadium. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Coca-Cola, also a major sponsor of the Olympic Games.

Down to the last 35 teams!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Thanks for including my suggestion! I guess you could say Gallinne=Pittsburgh of Los Altos? I always had a thing for the city anyway...

Olympic Portside is a true beauty. I love the use of the coke sponsor, the home kit, the away kit, the logo, color scheme.... Everything!

I really enjoy the more subtle approach you took with SC Gallinne and still managed to make it look great. Good work man!

(I still think the one thing this league is missing is a team sponsored by SkyMall)

Fear the future, envy the past

Thanks for including my suggestion! I guess you could say Gallinne=Pittsburgh of Los Altos? I always had a thing for the city anyway...

Olympic Portside is a true beauty. I love the use of the coke sponsor, the home kit, the away kit, the logo, color scheme.... Everything!

I really enjoy the more subtle approach you took with SC Gallinne and still managed to make it look great. Good work man!

(I still think the one thing this league is missing is a team sponsored by SkyMall)

Gallinne certainly can be compared to Pittsburgh, as they're both notable industrial cities.

I'm glad you liked both Olympic Portside and SC Gallinne, my friend!

(However, I'm pretty sure SkyMall was going bankrupt or something. :/)

----------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Alcea City

Alcea City, Alcea

Founded: 1952

Last Promoted: 1994

Last Relegated: 2007

17518950410_b5d65f98e1_c.jpg

For Alcea City (no "SC", no anything other than the city name), I wanted to go with a simple circle logo. In this case, it's a stylized "AC" inside of a red circle. The colors are a hybrid of the red and gray of the baseball Alcea City Hawks and the orange and brown of the basketball Alcea City Pioneers.

The home kit I wanted red/brown hoops for, but I decided to slant it to 1) fit in with the diagonal part of the jersey template and 2) to provide some variety among my hooped teams. The away kit is a simple red-on-white jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Altos Airlines.

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Archived