Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

Classy classy classy. This is another great concept... Just by their logo and jerseys I would guess they had won more than a few league championships

Thanks! :)

Despite their classy look, looks haven't always defined success for Alcea City, and have been stuck in the middle of League II ever since being relegated in 2007. But they're still hanging on. Haha...

Wow. Just perfect. What really impresses me is the Altos Airlines logo! But don't get me started on the unis, just amazing!!!

Thank you, sir! Glad you liked Alcea City!

The Altos Airlines logo I've actually never had set in stone (I've always been changing it), but I'm glad you liked it! I've had this airline since way back when I had created my country many years ago, and is a legacy of my stronger commercial aviation interests of years past.

Portside is a work of art the blue and gold look so well together and they pull off the gradient really well

Glad you liked Portside, my friend! And I have seen myself sorta improve with the gradients as this series has gone on.

-----------------------------------------------------------

League II

Southshore - Page County Union

Southshore, York

Founded: 1983

Last Promoted: 2010

Last Relegated: 2001

Championships: 0

17172776404_18acd736c6_c.jpg

Southshore - Page County Union (I'll call it Union from now on) was founded in 1983 as a new entity following the merger of the equally-unsuccessful Southshore SC and Page County Athletic. The crest combines elements of both teams (the waves for Southshore and the roses for Page County, the rural areas outside of Southshore) into a roundel logo. Furthermore, the purple of the team is a combination of Southshore's blue and Page County's red.

The home kit uses the vertical hoops of the former Page County team, using the Union's colors of two-tone purple and white. The clash kit uses the thin, horizontal stripes of Southshore on a white jersey. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Williams College, a college system like University of Phoenix based out of the local area.

~ Daryl

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crest is one of my all-time favorites, and the overall concept ranks up there too!! The clash kits reminds me of QPR (I'm an arsenal fan so I can't say I like the team... But it still looks great!)

You can count on Union being one of the three teams promoted to division one in 2019!

Another thing you can count on is me DMing you some player drawings/rosters for the teams... (Working on Lomaie at the moment)

Fear the future, envy the past

The crest is one of my all-time favorites, and the overall concept ranks up there too!! The clash kits reminds me of QPR (I'm an arsenal fan so I can't say I like the team... But it still looks great!)

You can count on Union being one of the three teams promoted to division one in 2019!

Another thing you can count on is me DMing you some player drawings/rosters for the teams... (Working on Lomaie at the moment)

Glad you liked the Union! And I can see the slight resemblance to Queen's Park Rangers, indeed. The striping is so much thinner on the Union clash kits, though.

And I can't wait to see your progress in both my league standings as well as what you got for player drawings and rosters! Even if it's not complete, I'd still love to see some progress shots! Another question: are you going through the teams chronologically or at random?

Interesting color scheme! I really like it! Very simple, yet very good! On a different note, I am an avgeek as well!

Thank you, sir! :)

I had this huge phase for commercial aviation several years ago. I collected many die-cast airplane models as well as drew my own liveries for Alton airlines. This enthusiasm has died down a bit (I don't get so much exposed to planes anymore), but it's still there. Haha...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Forebay Pirates

Forebay, Abrii

Founded: 1966

Last Relegated: 2016

17658862309_c027b2f9d6_c.jpg

Forebay was one of the teams I wanted to give an American-style naming for, and its location on the eastern Alton coast (on the Abric Sea) was very appropriate for the nickname the "Pirates". Originally, I had no idea what to do the crest on without being too similar to South Africa's Orlando Pirates SC. Then I stumbled on on the Spanish-style Oakland Raiders crest on Football as Football. I decided to use that awesome design, with some tweaks, for Forebay. The interlocking swords were taken from Football as Football's design, with the pirate hat (with a red "FB" monogram in it, though not easily visible) added by me. I didn't wanna do the stereotypical black and white, so I decided to go black, gray, and red with this one.

The home kit uses three-tone red with several chevrons, supposed to emulate the clothing of pirate sailors. Furthermore, the clash kit takes stripes seen on some pirate clothes with fifty two shades of gray and white. New Balance makes its AFS debut with the Forebay kits, and the sponsor is Fohlenblut Lager (shoutout to OSB for the sponsorship suggestion).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only about 32 teams left for me to do, but I've sorta hit a bit of a dry spell in terms of design ideas. I have a few up in line, but that's pretty much all my ideas for now. So any ideas from you guys I would greatly appreciate, especially for the many "filler" teams that have, right now, no real story in mind.

Thanks in advance! :)

~ Daryl

I second Dunder Mifflin as a sponsor. I really love what you did with the Pirates. The home kit is great, and so is the clash!! I also really am digging the logo. Love how you incorporated the pirate!

Separately, I am currently collecting diecast models such as Gemini Jets for my model airport.

Future sponsor time!

DM-logo-222x120.jpg

Actually, this idea did once run into my mind! You little mind reader... I'll certainly take Dunder Mifflin into consideration! Haha...

I second Dunder Mifflin as a sponsor. I really love what you did with the Pirates. The home kit is great, and so is the clash!! I also really am digging the logo. Love how you incorporated the pirate!

Separately, I am currently collecting diecast models such as Gemini Jets for my model airport.

I guess that second makes Dunder Mifflin officially on my sponsorship queue. Haha...

Glad you liked the Pirates, my friend! And by adding the pirate, you mean just the hat, right?

And same here, I do have my own Gemini Jets models as well!

The crest for Southshore looks a little like Larfa's. Looks great! And I love what you did with the American style name for Forebay!

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that as well. But, to distinguish it from Larfa, I decided not to put any text in the middle of the roundel. As for Forebay, adding American-style names does add a little flair to my league.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Steinberg AC

Steinberg, Coastania

Founded: 1997

Last Relegated: N/A

17261655824_9d97e87287_c.jpg

Steinberg is a small town in southwestern Coastania famous for its relationship with the railroads. This team embraces that relationship, with the front of a train prominently featured on the crest. The trapezoid that contains "STEINBERG" is supposed to recreate a train station sign.

The home kit is supposed to evoke a train track motif, with the "tracks" lining up on the sleeves and the "rails" as the middle piping. The clash kit is a highlighter-yellow jersey, inspired by the colors of the town's famous train station (To be honest with y'all, I really didn't know what to do for the clash, so I just came up with the highlighter color and this reasoning. Haha...). The kits are supplied by Galuken and the sponsor is Alton Western Railroads (AWR).

~ Daryl

The Forebay home and the Steinberg clash both look great. Nothing else I can say.

P.s. I'm doing my favorite teams first then in numerical order

Thank you! Glad you liked both of them, my friend! :)

I can't wait to see what you got concerning all the roster stuff! :D

Great work as always! I love all of the creativity put into every single one of these teams!

Thank you sir, I greatly appreciate it! :)

Love the incorporation of the train in the crest!

Thanks! It was a bit awkward trying to put "Steinberg" inside the train logo somewhere, but I'm glad you liked it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

League III

United Crossroads SC

Crossroads, Valestia

Founded: 2001

17333137363_8d812f599f_c.jpg

Another railroad-themed soccer team; United Crossroads is one of the newer teams of the AFS, a team based in the mid-sized city in the Alton plains that has recently been revitalized through gentrification. Thus, a new hipster culture has emerged in this railroad hub, and the team identity reflects just that. The logo combines the X-shaped "Railroad Crossing" signs and the seemingly popular (among many hipsters) "X" logos. The pattern on the outside of the roundel is supposed to be an artistic representation of railroad tracks.

The home kit is a very simple black kit incorporating the white, X-shaped railroad crossing sign. The white clash kit also uses the X-shape and has the "railroad track" design inside the X. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is Car Direct, a rental car company.

Only 30 teams left~

~ Daryl

I actually like the black and white color scheme, it's very simple yet looks very nice. Glad to see you put that Wolfsburg X in there like I asked :)

Before I finalize the rosters I have a few questions about the Alton culture that I'll DM you about...

Fear the future, envy the past

I would like to see some brighter accents, but good look overall.

I can understand your reasoning, but I really wanted to go for a Brooklyn Nets-esque hipster look with this team, so I went black and white with it. Glad you still liked it, though! :)

Kinda ironic that the sponsor for a railroad themed team is a car rental company lol

I didn't notice it at first, but now that you pointed it out, it is indeed pretty ironic! Haha...

I actually like the black and white color scheme, it's very simple yet looks very nice. Glad to see you put that Wolfsburg X in there like I asked :)

Before I finalize the rosters I have a few questions about the Alton culture that I'll DM you about...

Simplicity can lead to some pretty good designs, my friend! Also, the Catherine City team also incorporates the Wolfsburg X, but I suppose it's more noticeable with United Crossroads.

---------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Sanford County SC

Parleysville, Coastania

Founded: 1978

17991372925_f9e6bfebd8_c.jpg

I decided I wanted a wine-themed team in my league, so I decided to give it to the hilly Sanford County in northeastern Coastania, The crest I originally wanted the strip to go around a vine thrice, but that didn't look too good, so I just put the strip by itself inside a crest. The colors are maroon and jade green to represent grapes (and wine) and the grapevine, respectively.

The home kit is a simple maroon/green jersey. The clash kit incorporates a grapevine motif into a maroon jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the Jacklyn Winery.

~ Daryl

All of these concepts have been amazing. I always look forward to seeing what you've posted next. The crest for Southshore-Page County Union, the collar on the Forebay Pirates home, the railroad motifs for Steinberg and United Crossroads and the color scheme for Sanford County are my personal favorites. Keep up the good work!

The crest and the sponsor were executed very well. Not a big fan of the color scheme, but for a wine motif it's spot-on. Lomaie roster comin at ya today!

Thank you! Although you might not like the color scheme, I certainly found it very appropriate for a wine-themed team; it's certainly better than the Barney the Dinosaur color scheme I was originally thinking of. :P

And I can't wait to see the rosters whenever you're ready with them!

All of these concepts have been amazing. I always look forward to seeing what you've posted next. The crest for Southshore-Page County Union, the collar on the Forebay Pirates home, the railroad motifs for Steinberg and United Crossroads and the color scheme for Sanford County are my personal favorites. Keep up the good work!

Just as long as the ideas keep running into my mind, the concepts I'll keep churning out with the same detailed quality! Thanks for the compliments, sir! Glad you liked all those teams! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Sayabec SC

Sayabec, Coastania

Founded:

Last Promoted: 2008

Last Relegated: 2015

Championships: 1

18039194696_db1f7745e1_c.jpg

I wanted at least one French-inspired team in my league, so I figured Sayabec (which I had already named before starting this series) was the perfect fit. For the history of this place, there were a few Frenchmen on the British ships heading to Rattick City in the 1700s and ventured out to settle this city on the coast not too far west of Rattick. As for the crest, there are two yellow corune birds - this species is native to the continent of Pelucarem - on blue fields. Above the name, there is a fleur-de-lys.

The home kit is very much inspired by the crest, with blue and yellow chevrons decorating the front of the jersey. The clash kit is a more simple design, with a vertical line of fleur-de-lys going up and down the front and back of a yellow jersey. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Treve (French for "truce) Chocolates.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

League III

Evanston SC

Evanston, Taft

Founded: 1965

Last Relegated: 2009

18082156416_3fe6226d04_c.jpg

In observance of Memorial Day, here's an American-inspired team! Evanston has a large American presence mostly because of the large American military base nearby. The city's soccer team reflects this area's large American influence with "the most patriotically American look outside of the United States!" This red, white, and navy blue team's crest has a shield with red vertical stripes as well as a black eagle inside of it.

The home kit has vertical red and white hoops, while the clash kit is a more simple navy blue jersey with red and white trim. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is American Airlines (shoutout to CyGuy5 for this sponsorship suggestion).

~ Daryl

Archived