Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am back from my vacation and I have the Lomaie roster done 100%, and I am gonna complete the drawings tonight... Posting late tonight (or evening in your time Daryl) or tommorow morning (dusk for you). I will send you an imgur link and feel free to post the image here. If the quality is subpar I will also give you a typed form of the roster.

As for your concepts, Sayabec looks good but Evanston looks GREAT! Keep up the good work

Fear the future, envy the past

I am back from my vacation and I have the Lomaie roster done 100%, and I am gonna complete the drawings tonight... Posting late tonight (or evening in your time Daryl) or tommorow morning (dusk for you). I will send you an imgur link and feel free to post the image here. If the quality is subpar I will also give you a typed form of the roster.

As for your concepts, Sayabec looks good but Evanston looks GREAT! Keep up the good work

You keep pushing your release times, don't you? :P Regardless, I can't wait to see what you've got! :)

While I actually like Sayabec quite a bit, Evanston seems to be a bit popular by the public. Glad you liked 'em both!

Evanston is perfect! I love the Murican Airlines sponsorship, and the AA logo is great! I love the color combo, and I think I have a new favorite team!

I certainly wanted an American heritage team in my league somehow! I still can't believe that the new American Airlines livery came out two years ago already! It's certainly a refreshing look (though the old identity wasn't too bad, either).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Paradise SC

Paradise, Nare

Founded: 1977

Last Promoted: 2005

Last Relegated: 2013

Championships: 1

18179191211_43d6d0a002_c.jpg

The other Paradise-area soccer team (the other being Sun Valley), Paradise SC boldly represents the capital of the State of Nare, with the Nare flag (with the palm tree and the hills) prominently featured in this Italian-style oval crest. The colors of the team are the colors seen in the state flag, with brown, black, and two shades of tan/sand. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to feature the flag, but I eventually decided on the oval (roundels and pentagons were also options that I had tried).

The home kit is a simple, solid-colored kit with the coloring based on the "hills" seen on the flag. The clash kit evokes the hills through sleek lines instead of just the colors; originally, I wanted some kinda orange for the striping, but I decided to use brown instead, hence the rust-colored brown on the jersey. The kits are supplied by Puma (it's purely coincidence, honestly, that both Paradise teams are by Puma) and the sponsor is Valley Solar.

~ Daryl

Another phenomenal concept. It may be one of my favorites (with a name like Paradise I knew it would rock). Even with the brown/tan/white scheme it is very eye catching- and I love it. It's not often you see a team with championship hardware in the second division but hey it happens *cough FC Kaiserslautern, Nottingham Forest, Rangers, cough*

I am not afraid to admit that I am the procastinatingest (yeah I made up that word so what) person on the east coast. To make it up Ill put in Sunset SC too ;)

*waits for immature person to point out jersey number*

Another phenomenal concept. It may be one of my favorites (with a name like Paradise I knew it would rock). Even with the brown/tan/white scheme it is very eye catching- and I love it. It's not often you see a team with championship hardware in the second division but hey it happens *cough FC Kaiserslautern, Nottingham Forest, Rangers, cough*

I am not afraid to admit that I am the procastinatingest (yeah I made up that word so what) person on the east coast. To make it up Ill put in Sunset SC too ;)

*waits for immature person to point out jersey number*

Thanks for your comments on Paradise! As for the whole League II teams with titles thing, let's just say that some teams have fallen rather badly not long after a championship, and Paradise is one of several.

Despite all your setbacks on your drawings, I continue to look forward to them! :)

Also, I have had a few friends comment on the number, but I eventually had to reach it, so it was inevitable. Haha...

Evanston looks great! We get so tired of red-navy-white color schemes in the MLB but it's definitely refreshing for Los Altos. Wish Nike could make the usmnt and uswnt look more like that.

I do agree, there are way too many teams in the MLB with red/white/blue. However, there are too few teams in the AFS with red/white/blue. And those colors aren't too common in Los Altos as their national colors are orange/green/gold/white.

I also agree about how the US soccer uniforms should look somewhat like these, as their current ones don't look all too good. :/ Though I gotta admit that I really liked the US red/white/blue jersey in the World Cup last year.

Did you think of putting a little bit of light blue in there just for some added color? (And a nod to the Paradise Stallions lol)

I actually did consider using light blue for the clash jersey, but I kinda thought that I had a bit too much light blue. (But then again, I kinda have a bit too much brown, as well). I might consider adding light blue to the remaining Nare team, though.

Got any suggestions for something desert-y, perhaps?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been pretty busy the past few days (as well as the next few), but without further adieu, here's the next team! :D

League II

Marina Bay SC

Marina Bay, Nare

Founded: 1966

Last Promoted: 1999

Last Relegated: 2010

Championships: 0

18106961309_95845c3b89_c.jpg

Marina Bay is one of the famous surf towns along the eastern Alton coast, and I wanted its soccer team to embody that, very much like the basketball Marina Bay Seagulls. I originally wanted to do something similar to this Gold Coast United concept by raysox in his Australian A-League redesign, but my crest would look pretty basic, as I kinda also wanted to incorporate a few more elements. Back to Marina Bay, I decided to go with a simple wave crest, with the colors being orange and three shades of blue, and with the team name being outside the roundel rather than being inside of it.

The home kit is basically a jersey version of the wave on the crest. The clash kit, however, is supposed to represent the famous light-pink lifeguard towers of Marina Bay beaches. The kits are supplied by Galuken and the sponsor is MarinaSurf, a local surfwear company.

Only 25 teams left!

~ Daryl

Holy moly... That is one BEAUTIFUL concept! The wave crest, the home kit, the away kit... Great! You're making it hard to choose the 3 teams that earn a spot in League I!

Really... Does raysox ever have a bad concept?

After another setback I've decided to send you the typed form of the rosters for Sunset SC and Lomaie, and will put together sort of a collage of player drawings once I do the rosters for other teams.

Holy moly... That is one BEAUTIFUL concept! The wave crest, the home kit, the away kit... Great! You're making it hard to choose the 3 teams that earn a spot in League I!

Really... Does raysox ever have a bad concept?

After another setback I've decided to send you the typed form of the rosters for Sunset SC and Lomaie, and will put together sort of a collage of player drawings once I do the rosters for other teams.

Glad you liked Marina Bay, my friend! And it seems that the upper fringes of League II are really competitive for the three spots for promotion.

It's pretty much like raysox never has any bad concepts at all!

And I have gotten those rosters, and I like them and look forward to more (and the drawings)! :)

All I can say is WOW...

This one is by far my favorite team!!

Thank you, sir! Glad you liked it! :)

----------------------------------------------------------

League I

SC McCarthy

McCarthy, Hila

Founded: 1935

Last Promoted: 2000

Championships: 6

18243589438_fc17b27690_c.jpg

SC McCarthy is one of the more successful teams of the recent decades, being the 2016 season's (this is set in the 2017 season) champions. The crest incorporates the city's flag, with a U-shaped white line representing the shape of the southern parts of the state of Hila, with the green representing the state and the blue representing the countries (Caraceia to the west and Mifaria to the southeast and south) that surround the state. The colors of green and blue are Hila state colors.

The home kit, while looking like a rejected Seattle Sounders jersey, proudly embraces the city's flag on this bold green/blue/white jersey. The clash kit is a slightly-angled argyle pattern in light blue and white. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is Down South Air (stylized "dsa").

Furthermore, the patch on the right sleeve of the kits are the 2016 AFS Champions patch.

18405276866_6c3ea0ee27_c.jpg

The championship patch has been the same since around 2000, with only the year and the colors of the two stripes at the bottom (those would be team colors) differing with the year and the champion team.

----------------------------------------------------------

Up next, Glenvie SC!

~ Daryl

Dang! I love that logo, and the uniforms are incredible! I love the champions patch, and the Down South Air logo is great! I was wondering... is Down South Air a budget airline such as Southwest or JetBlue?

That's a really great sponsor logo... Would you mind me using it in my leagues?

I also really like the crest and how it corresponds to the home kit

Of course, you can certainly use DSA in your leagues! And I'm glad you liked McCarthy! :)

Dang! I love that logo, and the uniforms are incredible! I love the champions patch, and the Down South Air logo is great! I was wondering... is Down South Air a budget airline such as Southwest or JetBlue?

Glad you liked the team, my friend! :)

Down South Air is more of a budget airline in Los Altos, originally based out of McCarthy but has since expanded nationally and even internationally. Very much like Southwest.

----------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Glenvie SC

Farlin, Glenvie

Founded: 1957

Last Promoted: 2005

Last Relegated: 2013

Championships: 1

18284931948_242cec9b65_c.jpg

Going down Highway 101 the other night, and I see this color combo (a moonlight, dark night with clouds colored pink due to the city lights) and I figured that this would be just a perfect color combo for a soccer team! And since the state of Glenvie is known for their beautiful sunsets (though many question how the sunsets here differ from sunsets anywhere else), it was a perfect tie-in. The crest basically consists of a shield with three color bands (one salmon-colored, two navy blue) and a little circle with a uniquely-styled "GV" monogram.

The home kit consists of the color bands seen on the crest. The clash kit is a pink gradient on a white jersey, with navy blue shorts, evoking a sunset. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company from The Office (shoutout to Bomba Tomba for the suggestion and CyGuy5 for the second of this suggestion).

~ Daryl

Another damn good League II concept. The color scheme is absolutely beautiful and so are both kits. The crest is simple but well executed. And I gotta admit Dunder Mifflin definitely fits as a sponsor for this concept.

Thanks very much for the c&c on my concept!

DUNDER MIFFLIN!!! Wow. I love what you did with the team, and the gradient on the clash is pretty dang impressive. The stripes on the home is interesting as well, and I like what you did with them! My username is CyGuy5 just FYI :) just a random thought here, but if you ever need a sponsor, you could do Sabre ( Dunder Mifflin's parent company)

Another damn good League II concept. The color scheme is absolutely beautiful and so are both kits. The crest is simple but well executed. And I gotta admit Dunder Mifflin definitely fits as a sponsor for this concept.

Thanks very much for the c&c on my concept!

I actually really like this color scheme as well, myself! Certainly very unique and they surely look quite well together! And I'm glad you liked the rest of Glenvie! :)

As for your concept, no problem! I just hope it gains a bit more ground, though. Try posting a few more concepts and see if others notice it.

DUNDER MIFFLIN!!! Wow. I love what you did with the team, and the gradient on the clash is pretty dang impressive. The stripes on the home is interesting as well, and I like what you did with them! My username is CyGuy5 just FYI :) just a random thought here, but if you ever need a sponsor, you could do Sabre ( Dunder Mifflin's parent company)

Yep, Dunder Mifflin indeed. Haha. It was really interesting working with Glenvie's color scheme, and I'm glad you liked the result!

And whoops, I added one more to your number. Sorry! Haha...

And I could possible have Sabre as a future sponsor; thanks for the suggestion! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

Sunby SC

Sunby, York

Founded: 1977

Last Promoted: 2015

Last Relegated: N/A

Championships: 0

18509029206_862a0385a8_c.jpg

I really wanted Sunby's team to play on the city's name, but I just didn't know exactly how I'd get it done. Going about Google, I stumbled upon this Phoenix Suns concept by SplashBoogie and felt that it was just perfect for the motif I wanted to go for for this team. A few modifications to that Suns concept (enclosing the roundel, adding the team's teal and yellow/orange color scheme, replacing the basketball with a teal soccer ball) and here's Sunby! Admittedly, this is one of the more difficult logos I have drawn in this series, as there's just so many moving parts to it and keeping it somewhat symmetrical was a bit of a challenge.

The home kit is a white jersey with teal trim and a diamond design evoking sun rays. The clash kit has bold teal and yellow horizontal hoops. The kits are supplied by Warrior (while I am aware that Warrior has pulled out of soccer kits in February of this year, let's just say that the Alton subsidiary of the company is still alive and well) and the sponsor is Hewlett-Packard (HP).

~ Daryl

PS: I decided to give Hialena Eleven two championships so I wouldn't have to give too many lower-tier teams championships, so to fit my desired total championship count.

I'm speechless. Glenvie and Sunby are beautiful. You found the absolute perfect color combos for each team. Great decision to use horizontal stripes and even better decision to leave a thin white stripe between the navy and pink on the Glenvie home. The gradient on the Glenvie clash is well-executed. The diamonds on the Sunby home provide flair without going over the top. Can't get much better than this.

Archived