Hand-Drawn Soccer Drawings: Alton Federation of Soccer

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, Sunton FC in my Rylandian domestic league looks the same as that one. Nonetheless another stellar team! The home kit is a thing of beauty... Great job

I gotta see Sunton to believe it! :P Glad you liked Sunby, my friend!

Can't say it enough great work again!

Thank you! :)

I'm speechless. Glenvie and Sunby are beautiful. You found the absolute perfect color combos for each team. Great decision to use horizontal stripes and even better decision to leave a thin white stripe between the navy and pink on the Glenvie home. The gradient on the Glenvie clash is well-executed. The diamonds on the Sunby home provide flair without going over the top. Can't get much better than this.

Thank you so much! :) The color schemes for both Glenvie and Sunby were both pretty fun to work with, as they're such unique color schemes. Glad you liked what I did with their jerseys! :)

The clash kit is a little busy but other than that it looks great!

Well, it's a Warrior kit, after all, so why not go all out on it! Haha...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Dillon SC

Dillon, Lakent

Founded: 1977

Last Relegated: N/A

Championships: 0

18551936816_60a719cb8d_c.jpg

As unsuccessful this team has been, their identity is anything but. Upon the 2016 unveiling of their new, tartan look (in the hopes of being more successful), the 'Jacks', as they're nicknamed, new identity has been really popular. The logging heritage of this mountain town is proudly represented through the use of the tartan in this new look, with the "D" over a diamond with a diagonal tartan pattern.

The home kit has a very bold and detailed plaid pattern (the one seen on the crest) with mahogany sleeves. The tartan also makes an appearance on the clash kit, where it appears as a strip on a white jersey with red trim. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Springlake Water, a local bottling company.

~ Daryl

Holy crap this is amazing. Just wow. I mean it's too bad the team is awful but I love the teams identity! Everything about this team is great!

Thank you! :) The team rebranded during the season before this one in the hopes to turn their fortunes around. Haha...

The crest. is phenomenal and I love the sponsor logo. The clash is also very attractive... Btw I am working on Hofenstadt!

Glad you liked Dillon! :)

And I'm certainly still waitin' on your future soccer concepts!

The patterns must have taken forever. Luckily for you, they turned out really well. On average, how long does it take you to create each team? Do you do one team per day? Did you start out with many concepts?

In reality, coloring the pattern took longer than making it itself, as the pattern is essentially a really small, detailed grid. Glad you liked how it turned out, though!

As for the average concept time, it takes me only about an hour or two if I'm working on it straight; at least half of these during the free time that I can salvage (or during lectures) at school. I usually do one team on any given day, though there's been some instances where I've posted two concepts in one post. In reality, I only started this series out with only two concepts (Royal Princeton SC and East City SC, on the first post), everything else I made over the 4 months (and counting) that this series has gone.

Curiosity is always pretty nice. :)

Makes me not stop thinking about Scottish kilts for some reason! (LOL) But Dillion looks phenominal. I hope a major soccer team will actually wear tartan someday. It would look REALLY cool in real life.

Well, the Scottish are known for their plaid patterns, after all, so it's not to hard to see where you're coming from there. I have indeed seen quite a few soccer concepts out there that use tartans on the kits, but I am not aware of any real-life examples, except for this Manchester United home kit from 2012-13:
manchester_united_2012-2013.gif

(Kit picture from Historical Football Kits)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

League I

South Abrii United

Silverton, Abrii

Founded: 1993

Last Promoted: 2002

Championships: 2

18689327352_8fd3e01a03_c.jpg

As the name implies, South Abrii United was formed after the 1993 merger of two Silverton-area clubs: Silverton SC (the "Mariners") and Falermin SC (the "Serpents"). The team's crest (and colors) are combinations of these two former teams. Blue and sand were the colors of the Mariners while green and yellow were the colors of the Serpents. As for the crest, the shield shape and the anchor were taken from the Mariners while the "scroll" at the bottom, the serpents (each forming an "S" and an "A"), and the trident were taken from the Serpents. Originally, I was going to go for a very basic, Everton style for this crest, but I felt like decorating it a bit more.

The home kit combines the blue and the pinstripes of the old Mariners kits with the yellow of the Serpents, making alternating blue and yellow pinstripes. Likewise, the clash kit combines the green serpent "sash" of the Serpents with the sand color from the Mariners. The kits are supplied by Under Armour and the sponsor is Lafarge and Samara (a joint upscale restaurant business venture between Lafarge and CJ Miller, which won the naming rights to Sillverton's baseball stadium).

Before I close tonight's post, I'd like to ask for a few suggestions from you all. Currently, I'm in the middle of an artist's block, down to this league's final 20 teams. For now, I'd like a few suggestions on just two teams: what suggestions do y'all have for Valle Buena (known for its film-making scene) and Killeen (a town on the plains known for its oil industries). Any suggestions that I get for these two teams (and maybe even for future teams, such as color schemes you'd like to see me do) would be appreciated and very much credited. :) Oh, and I already have a sponsorship ready for Valle Buena, so that's that.

Thanks for reading,

~ Daryl

That crest is genius. Everything from the "A" and "S" in the shield, to the serpents forming the same letters on the Mariners trident and anchor. Before reading the description, I started picking up on the imagery. It still is clean and straightforward but the subtle touches make is extremely realistic. Great work.

Like 1clkgtramg said, the crest is genius and damn classy, I especially love the details on the opposite sides.

I really am stumped for Valle Buena, the only idea I have is generic black and white stripes and maybe gold stars.

For Killeen I'd do a generic badge with an oil tower (like Houston Oilers logo), and for colors I'd do black, red, and cerulean. Maybe even make the name Killeen Oilers FC. It's not too unrealistic considering some European teams have done the same (one that comes to mind is Wolverhampton Wolves FC).

Fear the future, envy the past

That crest is genius. Everything from the "A" and "S" in the shield, to the serpents forming the same letters on the Mariners trident and anchor. Before reading the description, I started picking up on the imagery. It still is clean and straightforward but the subtle touches make is extremely realistic. Great work.

Those were actually not part of my original idea for South Abrii's crest, and I honestly just added them to add some decoration to the crest, and to further emphasize the "United". I'm glad you liked how it turned out, though! :)

Very cool idea combining the colors and names of the two older clubs, it still amazes me the detail you can have with a pencil great work! How many more teams do you have left?

"United" clubs are actually pretty interesting to work with, seeing all the "patchwork" identities of former teams into the current club. This is apparently common in English soccer (the Philadelphia Union and DC United aren't actually unions of two older clubs).

One of my biggest reasons for staying hand-drawn with my concepts is that I feel so much more creative with a pencil than with a mouse.

Also, I only have 20 teams (including this next one) left in the Alton Federation of Soccer.

Like 1clkgtramg said, the crest is genius and damn classy, I especially love the details on the opposite sides.

I really am stumped for Valle Buena, the only idea I have is generic black and white stripes and maybe gold stars.

For Killeen I'd do a generic badge with an oil tower (like Houston Oilers logo), and for colors I'd do black, red, and cerulean. Maybe even make the name Killeen Oilers FC. It's not too unrealistic considering some European teams have done the same (one that comes to mind is Wolverhampton Wolves FC).

Glad you liked the detail of the South Abrii crest, my friend!

I'll still keep suggestions for Valle Buena open, as your suggestion would make it look way too much like Valley Hills. As for Killeen, I was thinking of incorporating an oil tower as well as the Killeen Oilers as the name (which would lend to an awesome monogram logo). The color scheme looks like it'll be interesting, though; thanks for the suggestions! :)

For Killeen you could do something along the lines of an oil platform or one of those pumps on land. Idk what they are called lol

That's certainly what I was thinking of doing! (And oil derrick might be the word you're looking for. Haha...)

League III

Hastings SC

Hastings, Campbellia

Founded: 1955

Last Relegated: 2005

18533296420_0cb6c1e3ea_c.jpg

Honestly, it was much harder coming up with a color scheme for this team than it was designing this team's crest. I settled with this black, taupe, and harvest gold color scheme, to fit the fort theme of this team, as the city of Hastings was founded in 1748 as a British fort on the Alton frontier. The shape of the crest includes the "towers" of the fort at the top, and a cannon in the middle. And by the way, this team had the Charleston Battery look before the Battery, as the Battery were founded in 1995. :P

The home kits incorporate the fort's "columns" in the form of a taupe stripe in the middle of a gold jersey with black trim. The clash kit is very basically a gold-on-black jersey. The kits are supplied by Puma and the sponsor is Ivy (another sponsor name provided by rykochristie).

Still taking suggestions! :)

~ Daryl

I'm really disappointed in myself for not having kept up with this. Some absolutely fantastic work, once again! Some real professional looking stuff!

It's nice to see that L&S got the jersey sponsor. CJ and I clearly have a great business model, :P.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Quick question about one of your other threads...

Are you going to get back to your hand drawn baseball thread after you are done with this one? Or are you just going to be done with it all together

I'm really disappointed in myself for not having kept up with this. Some absolutely fantastic work, once again! Some real professional looking stuff!

It's nice to see that L&S got the jersey sponsor. CJ and I clearly have a great business model, :P.

You've certainly missed quite a bit, my friend! But hey, you still have 18 more to keep up with in this series! :) Glad you liked this series so far!

And L&S is a sponsorship too good to not include again. Haha...

Quick question about one of your other threads...

Are you going to get back to your hand drawn baseball thread after you are done with this one? Or are you just going to be done with it all together

I'm honestly not quite sure about my other series. They're not over, but I don't know when I'll be getting back with them.

Also, I already have a new series planned for after this one, so stay tuned!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

League II

San Pascual SC

San Pascual, Taft

Founded: 1977

Last Promoted: 2008

Last Relegated: 2012

18562978190_a935127070_c.jpg

I came up with the idea for San Pascual literally only today, after seeing this Limose concept from McCraeWilliamsProductions' World Cup Soccer Concepts thread. Upon seeing that concept this morning, I decided then that I wanted to do a nautical flag concept for at least one of my teams, with San Pascual being one of the remaining coastal cities I have in this series. With that said, San Pascual's crest consists of the two nautical flags that spell out "SP" in a logo very similar to Hertha Berlin.

I wanted one team in my series to have Juventus (or Newcastle United, if you might prefer) black-and-white stripes for one of their kits, and San Pascual's color scheme came in handy; a "wave" breaks the stripes to add space for the sponsor and the NOB. The clash kit plays on the nautical flags, with the jersey by itself forming the flag for "P", while also producing the flag for "S" if you include the shorts. The kits are supplied by Adidas and the sponsor is Tradewind, a local banking company.

~ Daryl

San Pascual looks great... I know I say that about every concept you have but there isn't much else to say- it is just great. I am a HUUUUUGE fan of german soccer (which is why I'm doing the Schlägesliga first in my concepts), so I can see Hertha BSC in the crest. There is actually a reason Berlin's club is named Hertha. It was a character in germanic mythology, I'm guessing a sea-faring god or something, and there was a huge ship named after it that docked in the Rhine. Anyway, the logo is very nice and both kits look top-notch.

Hastings color scheme is great, but I might've included some of the sandy color in the clash. The IVY logo is far more detailed than I had it but it looks fine!

About my concepts- I looked at McCraeWilliamsProductions World Cup concept so after my Schlägesliga is done I'm doing my International cup as well. It was iffy at first but now I know it's possible. This weekend I'm posting an enlarged Viktoria Flussburgen and VfB Hofenstadt, along with some doodles/sneak peaks. (My iPad is screwy so Ima need you to put the link to a picture again :/) Do you think I could get some C&C on the backstory and rosters as well? That would be greatly appreciated. Los Altos SC's roster is also coming soon.

San Pascual looks great... I know I say that about every concept you have but there isn't much else to say- it is just great. I am a HUUUUUGE fan of german soccer (which is why I'm doing the Schlägesliga first in my concepts), so I can see Hertha BSC in the crest. There is actually a reason Berlin's club is named Hertha. It was a character in germanic mythology, I'm guessing a sea-faring god or something, and there was a huge ship named after it that docked in the Rhine. Anyway, the logo is very nice and both kits look top-notch.

Hastings color scheme is great, but I might've included some of the sandy color in the clash. The IVY logo is far more detailed than I had it but it looks fine!

About my concepts- I looked at McCraeWilliamsProductions World Cup concept so after my Schlägesliga is done I'm doing my International cup as well. It was iffy at first but now I know it's possible. This weekend I'm posting an enlarged Viktoria Flussburgen and VfB Hofenstadt, along with some doodles/sneak peaks. (My iPad is screwy so Ima need you to put the link to a picture again :/) Do you think I could get some C&C on the backstory and rosters as well? That would be greatly appreciated. Los Altos SC's roster is also coming soon.

Glad you liked San Pascual! And yes, I did also sorta read the history of the Hertha name on the team's Wikipedia page. Haha...

As for Hastings, I don't think the taupe color would've looked good on that jersey without it making it look too forced, so I think it was best that I left it off the clash jersey,

As always, I can't wait to see what's next for your thread!

A new series?!

I just got extremely excited lol

Yep, very much so! And the only other hint I'll give is that this future series will be set in real-life places. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

League III

Killeen SC

Killeen, Rialto

Founded: 1966

Last Relegated: 2003

18621854280_3e1fe3b39e_c.jpg

Killeen, a town in the middle of the vast Alton prairies, is known for its vast oil fields that were very much active decades ago (Altons are significantly more environmentally conscious nowadays). I wanted to embody this through images of oil derricks, but I really didn't wanna copy the logo of the old Edmonton Drillers, so I had to go a slightly different direction. I decided to go the direction of German-style crests, with the oil derrick inside a diamond shape. The colors are black, red, and cerulean (suggested by rykochristie). I added the black to the crest to differentiate it from the crest of Homestead SC. Also, a red "K" is hidden inside the oil derrick.

The home kit is a gradient design (blue on the top, red on the bottom) separated by a tessellation design made to mimic the silhouettes of oil derricks on the plains. I wanted to do something "black gold" (oil) for the clash kit, but I just didn't know how; I decided to go simple, with gold hoops on a black jersey. The kits are supplied by Nike and the sponsor is the Alton gasoline company Lapston.

~ Daryl

Sweet mercy. That is 10 times more complex than what I had in mind but it is yet ANOTHER outstanding concept of yours. Thanks for using my idea!

Like I said I love German soccer so these teams are my jam. I also love all of your gradients, they always look perfect

Archived