World Cup of Hockey Uniforms - CANADA ADDED

Dbroalexander

So my Tropics identity project and role in the WIHF project has taken a backseat to the HJC World Cup of Hockey Competition for a couple of days. I know a few other people have posted regarding that So I won't bore you with any details about it other than I did each team that was eligible for entries except for Russia. I just couldn't come up with anything that I really liked for them and I've seen a couple of other Russia entries in the contest and it'd be downright rude of me to even try to beat them.

So I'll post one or two of these a day to keep this going and get as many comments as I can. Just because I sent these in to HJC for the contest doesn't mean I'm not willing to change them up for display on my personal sites.

First up, the fine U S of A

tumblr_njcvub6xNP1rtw8k3o1_1280.png

Oversized yoke, Bold classic striping and numbers. Shield logo is based on the shield used in last year's Olympics. Maybe you can't see it but the shield features some subtle stars behind the "USA".

Actually I never understood the use of black for Team Canada. Black never have been a national Canadian colour. Red, white, blue, green, even gold, but not black.

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Just an FYI buddy they're going to be using sponsors and advertising on jerseys for the World Cup,.

Ok and why would I include that here?

Why not try incorporating the Maple Leaf Tartan as design element?

Because it would be very hard to make that look good on a hockey jersey in my opinion and I really like what I did.

Actually I never understood the use of black for Team Canada. Black never have been a national Canadian colour. Red, white, blue, green, even gold, but not black.

Exactly! Thank you!

I love the cleanliness and use of CCM jerseys here, no issues that I can see, great job.

also to touch on the black in Canada, I may be the minority but the way I see it is Russia was Red and White for the longest time and Canada was White and Red. Now that colour is usually the home jersey internationally, it makes sense to separate itself from Russia and Denmark now. I guess it doesn't matter now that Russia is RWB. Black was introduced in 1995 for both hockey and heavily in Rugby, it has also appeared in soccer here and there since late 90's, its also been the colours of Team Canada's Curling team. It's not like is a random colour like Purple, it been in use for quite some time and in my opinion it's been used well. Black pants on team Canada kinda had that relatable feeling for any Canadians who played hockey as a kid but never went anywhere with it. I don't know, thats just my opinion. But I do like it in Red, I have no problem with it, I honestly didn't like how much black was used in the last World Juniors. I just wanted to throw in my

Black, Red and White are the official colours of Hockey Canada, the national governing body that oversees all national teams.

1094px-Hockey_Canada.svg.png

Archived