North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Good luck with that. As long as you're buying tickets, they'll Chivas this thing until they can't Chivas no more.

When $70M becomes the franchise fee, no team is actually worth $35M.

Hey, I remember when David Baker used this business model in the Arena League!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was an intern, I had to work the midway for an Indy race at the Milwaukee Mile, just handing out pamphlets and manning some silly little velcro golf game where you had to loft the ball up and onto a wall, where it would stick, in theory. Everyone was too drunk at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning to figure this out, so they all just kept trying to putt the ball straight forward without elevating it at all. Even after I explained it, they'd nod, say okay, and do exactly the same thing again and again. Everyone was wearing lanyards so that it looked like they had press/infield credentials but they were either empty or just had tickets in them.

After about two hours of this, I said to the sales rep, a New Jersey native with far more contempt for the locals than I could dream of mustering, "man, we gotta get outta here. These people are f-cking idiots!" He says "This was an Indy race. These are the smart ones."

The point I'm trying to make is that the Milwaukee Mile should be converted to a soccer stadium whether anyone even plays soccer there or not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good luck with that. As long as you're buying tickets, they'll Chivas this thing until they can't Chivas no more.

This is what kind of shocks me about this whole thing really. I really figured that Garber would have tried to make sure that NYCFC didn't repeat the mistakes of Chivas USA after just getting rid of that club. It seems like Garber is content to let this happen by not getting himself involved in the Lampard drama.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Well, I don't know when the last time was that confused Garber with an excellent commissioner.

The situations are still not terribly analogous. Chivas only wished they could get a fraction of our 11,000 season ticket holders. If NYC will have to hold our club's feet to the fire, at least we have the fans to do so.

You are giving them money. If you continue to do so, they are winning.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hear that all the time, every time an owner makes a stupid decision, but it's a silly argument.

When we stop giving them money, we lose all influence altogether. That's the nuclear option, which we aren't anywhere near. Ironically, the more money NYCFC makes, the more pull it will have within City Football Group.

I hear that all the time, every time an owner makes a stupid decision, but it's a silly argument.

When we stop giving them money, we lose all influence altogether. That's the nuclear option, which we aren't anywhere near. Ironically, the more money NYCFC makes, the more pull it will have within City Football Group.

City Football Group doesn't care about your money one way or another. Lord knows they have enough of it.

All they care about is having NYCFC as a pawn to "expand its brand" and to get around Financial Fair Play rules. That's all.

6fQjS3M.png

Ah, but their "brand" isn't Man City. It's City Football Group as a whole. Man City just happens to be the focus at the moment. The bigger we can make NYCFC (even if we have to do the heavy lifting), the more important we make our slice of the greater pie.

After all, we're the global capital and they're their own country's second city. Where would you rather live, work and succeed? The only thing Manchester has over New York City is a head start. :P

Ah, but their "brand" isn't Man City. It's City Football Group as a whole. Man City just happens to be the focus at the moment. The bigger we can make NYCFC (even if we have to do the heavy lifting), the more important we make our slice of the greater pie.

After all, we're the global capital and they're their own country's second city. Where would you rather live, work and succeed? The only thing Manchester has over New York City is a head start. :P

NYCFC missed the boat with their uniforms. They should have not gone with the Man City homes, should have used pinstripes like their roads. Half the team is owned and operated by the Yankees, a brand that is just above Man City in global recognition.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

NYCFC missed the boat with their uniforms. They should have not gone with the Man City homes, should have used pinstripes like their roads. Half the team is owned and operated by the Yankees, a brand that is just above Man City in global recognition.

Actually, the Yankees only own 20% of the team.

Their brand is absolutely promoting Man City.

That's why Melbourne City has Man City's third jersey from last year as its primary and NYCFC has a Man City clone jersey as it's primary. Their focus will be Manchester City now and forever because their is no way MLS will ever be a big time league if we keep on having foreign teams create AAA affiliates like Chivas USA & NYCFC (number of season ticket holders is irrelevant to the argument) that can be abused with little regard for the fans of those teams.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived