North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

No one's debating that. Except the 4th, 5th, and 6th tiers have multiple leagues.

As does every country in the world.

I was referencing you only including the PDL in the 4th tier

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to point out that DC United was playing a 9-man Revs team and unable to score for 20 minutes, but they punched one in. 1-1 with ten minutes to go.

Jermain Jones is a really fun player to watch. It's such a shame he was gifted to New England.

EDIT: and the Revs hold on. After about 40 minutes playing with 9 guys, they came out with a tie. That's pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No one's debating that. Except the 4th, 5th, and 6th tiers have multiple leagues.

As does every country in the world.

I was referencing you only including the PDL in the 4th tier
Fair enough. I'm not all that knowledgeable of the league system below the USL.
1zqy8ok.gif

Also, talk to me when Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale average seven thousand, never mind seventy.

So far thru 3 matches, the Rowdies are averaging 6440. Not too shabby for a stadium that seats 7010 at sold out.

Did I miss something? Why is the San Jose/Orlando game being played at the Niners stadium? Don't the Quakes have a brand new stadium?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I don't really follow the whole debate between USL and NASL and I don't really get why the argument exists but it's pretty clear to me that the NASL is a much better league than the USL. Everything about it is better from players to owners to attendance. There's a pretty clear gulf between the 2, just as there is between MLS and NASL.

I'd say the USA has a pretty clear pyramid:

1. MLS

2.NASL

3. USL

4. PDL

There ought to be some CanAm FA Cup style tourny for all these teams from all pro/semi-pro leagues. Seeing as we'll never have relegation in our near future - not until MLS goes 40 teams or whatever & forces it.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I don't really follow the whole debate between USL and NASL and I don't really get why the argument exists but it's pretty clear to me that the NASL is a much better league than the USL. Everything about it is better from players to owners to attendance. There's a pretty clear gulf between the 2, just as there is between MLS and NASL.

1. MLS

2.NASL

3. USL

4. PDL

There ought to be some CanAm FA Cup style tourny for all these teams from all pro/semi-pro leagues. Seeing as we'll never have relegation in our near future - not until MLS goes 40 teams or whatever & forces it.

There is, it's the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup.

1. MLS

2.NASL

3. USL

4. PDL

There is, it's the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup.

Hunt Cup is for US teams only.

Canada has the Amway Canadian Championship, Otttawa and Edmonton from the NASL, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver from MLS.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Sorry, didn't understand your question.

That will definitely impact their positioning in the U.S. Open Cup. Higher divisions get byes to later rounds, so any NASL team will have to play more games.

I would expect that being a third division league will make it harder to bring in foreign talent. It's one thing to be a strong D2, another altogether to be D3 with no chance of promotion. It will also hurt their ability to not only lure additional ownership groups, but keep the ones they have. Whoever ends up in the third division will be playing against MLS reserve sides, which is hardly what teams like the Cosmos signed up for.

Having to play one more game in the Open Cup each year (against a semi-professional or amateur side, at that) shouldn’t be a reason to expand into a market without proper ownership.

NASL doesn’t have to admit MLS reserve sides if they don’t want to.

At the end of the day, NASL offers higher wages, has higher attendances, and has better-run clubs. Whether someone calls them D2 or D3 doesn’t change any of that.

6fQjS3M.png

The NASL is safe as the 2nd tier for one big reason. The have a hold of the strongest soccer hotbed in the US. The state of Florida.

And he's quick with a joke, or to light up a smoke...

And there talking to Davy who is still in the Navy and probably will be for life

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sorry, didn't understand your question.

That will definitely impact their positioning in the U.S. Open Cup. Higher divisions get byes to later rounds, so any NASL team will have to play more games.

I would expect that being a third division league will make it harder to bring in foreign talent. It's one thing to be a strong D2, another altogether to be D3 with no chance of promotion. It will also hurt their ability to not only lure additional ownership groups, but keep the ones they have. Whoever ends up in the third division will be playing against MLS reserve sides, which is hardly what teams like the Cosmos signed up for.

Having to play one more game in the Open Cup each year (against a semi-professional or amateur side, at that) shouldn’t be a reason to expand into a market without proper ownership.

NASL doesn’t have to admit MLS reserve sides if they don’t want to.

At the end of the day, NASL offers higher wages, has higher attendances, and has better-run clubs. Whether someone calls them D2 or D3 doesn’t change any of that.

Playing less US Open games didn't help the NASL much on Wednesday with the USL sides sweeping the 7 games played between the two leagues.

And unlike MLS, the NASL takes the US Open Cup very, very seriously. Historically bad day for their league.

As for the scandal, it's not just their chairman. He works for Traffic Sports, which owns the Railhawks, holds the marketing rights to the NASL and oh yeah is the single biggest shareholder in the league. Traffic financed the league to get it off the ground and remains entwined in its organizational structure, and they were also involved in the bribes.

The NASL will need to find a new principal investor - expect the Cosmos' Sela Sport to step up.

And unlike MLS, the NASL takes the US Open Cup very, very seriously. Historically bad day for their league.

As for the scandal, it's not just their chairman. He works for Traffic Sports, which owns the Railhawks, holds the marketing rights to the NASL and oh yeah is the single biggest shareholder in the league. Traffic financed the league to get it off the ground and remains entwined in its organizational structure, and they were also involved in the bribes.

The NASL will need to find a new principal investor - expect the Cosmos' Sela Sport to step up.

Assuming the Cosmos don't just throw in the towel. I mean they've already run into a neverending roadblock in their efforts to get a stadium. Their attendance has been in steady decline. They didn't take the NY market by storm as they expected to. Might be a good time for them to cut their losses rather than double down on a league that is likely about to be thrown into total disarray. (and was just proven to be less a competitor for MLS than an equal or even inferior to MLS's minor league USL).

Archived