North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Well clearly your reading comprehension is sub-par. I called his statement about emulating the worst of Euro Football because they are Manchester City's feeder club moronic. There is a huge differences between calling someone a moron and calling a statement moronic. I stand by that comment and me being wrong about a video doesn't change anything about the comment that I called moronic. Nice try though, Mr. Internet Warrior!

You can slice it anyway you want but it still doesn't change the fact that you looked like a fool while on your high horse trying to lecture people while not having your facts right.

I'm not on a high horse, I don't care about NYCFC supporters at all. But I don't think they are any different than any other fans in this country and are a lot more mellow than many fans in Europe. None of us truly know that NYC fans are bad, I just am not making claims that they are terrible without sufficient evidence.

(Oops what happened to the connecting back to back posts feature?)

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well clearly your reading comprehension is sub-par. I called his statement about emulating the worst of Euro Football because they are Manchester City's feeder club moronic. There is a huge differences between calling someone a moron and calling a statement moronic. I stand by that comment and me being wrong about a video doesn't change anything about the comment that I called moronic. Nice try though, Mr. Internet Warrior!

You can slice it anyway you want but it still doesn't change the fact that you looked like a fool while on your high horse trying to lecture people while not having your facts right.

I'm not on a high horse, I don't care about NYCFC supporters at all. But I don't think they are any different than any other fans in this country and are a lot more mellow than many fans in Europe. None of us truly know that NYC fans are bad, I just am not making claims that they are terrible without sufficient evidence.

There is a difference between saying that NYCFC fans are terrible and having a few laughs at their expense which is what was going on.

Also that link you shared still provides no evidence that NYC and RB supporters were involved. I don't see a single person in any team apparel that is involved in the fight and the links all say "Before the derby, at a RB bar, etc." If so many NYC supporters were involved I would think that at least once in that SI article or Mr. Harris' tweets it would say NYC and RB fans fighting, not that a fight broke out before the derby.

So just because no one is wearing team apparel doesn't mean that they aren't fans of the team.

Also Empire of Soccer, which is a news site that is respected by NY soccer fans for covering NY soccer, stated what I already said.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/behind-between-supporters-38523/

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The bworst part of that #WeAreHooligans pic is I know one of the guys in the pic. He's also a Chelsea fan. You know, one of those Chelsea fans that take to social media and act like a win over Sunderland was like winning a Champions League knockout stage game.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

There is a difference between saying that NYCFC fans are terrible and having a few laughs at their expense which is what was going on.

Also that link you shared still provides no evidence that NYC and RB supporters were involved. I don't see a single person in any team apparel that is involved in the fight and the links all say "Before the derby, at a RB bar, etc." If so many NYC supporters were involved I would think that at least once in that SI article or Mr. Harris' tweets it would say NYC and RB fans fighting, not that a fight broke out before the derby.

So just because no one is wearing team apparel doesn't mean that they aren't fans of the team.

Also Empire of Soccer, which is a news site that is respected by NY soccer fans for covering NY soccer, stated what I already said.

I've seen more damage, to property and bodies, at a Jets' preseason game and after a Yankees' game. This is no where near the hooliganism in Europe.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I've seen more damage, to property and bodies, at a Jets' preseason game and after a Yankees' game. This is no where near the hooliganism in Europe.

No doubt.

The things I've seen out of the Istanbul derby, for example, are insane.

Thank you, this is exactly my point.

Nyk, If "having a few laughs at their expense" is what was going on then I guess intent is easily lost on the internet but that is not how I perceived it. You obviously have a complex for NYC supporters but by my estimations both teams (most teams) have a small minority of dumb asses who feel the need to act tough. My incorrect perception (which took 3 posts to give sufficient evidence of the contrary) is not reason to say I looked like a fool, and the overall personal offense you took to me defending NYC supporters as a whole is surprising... but whatever I'll just let it die

Thank you, this is exactly my point.

Nyk, If "having a few laughs at their expense" is what was going on then I guess intent is easily lost on the internet but that is not how I perceived it. You obviously have a complex for NYC supporters but by my estimations both teams (most teams) have a small minority of dumb asses who feel the need to act tough. My incorrect perception (which took 3 posts to give sufficient evidence of the contrary) is not reason to say I looked like a fool, and the overall personal offense you took to me defending NYC supporters as a whole is surprising... but whatever I'll just let it die

I didn't come at you because I have a need to bash NYCFC fans. I just felt you came off as someone on a high horse.

The rest of this post I will leave alone because there is no point in continuing this as I think we can both see.

I'm not sure why there being higher levels of fighting and/or destruction elsewhere means it's ok.

It doesn't, but what it does do is show that this is not unique to NYC and it is not a reason to classify them as hooligans or justify these posts.

As long as we don't get to the point when fans are beating each other stupid in the parking lot or rolling around as hooligan gangs I'm fine with a little chest thumping now and then.

NYCFC has you covered.

(People in bandanas picture with #WeAreHooligans)

I agree that picture is stupid but bandanas and a hashtag don't make hooligans.

NYCFC is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Seriously...

It's not surprising that they're trying to emulate the worst of the worst of European soccer. I mean, they are Manchester City's farm team, after all.

Moronic, as I previously mentioned how in any way shape or form is Manchester City the worst of the worst of Euro soccer. You don't have to like the money City spends or the team or the fans but don't make claims like this when there are horrible things that go on in Euro soccer and City is VERY rarely involved in anything like it.

It's not surprising that they're trying to emulate the worst of the worst of European soccer. I mean, they are Manchester City's farm team, after all.

Are they trying to make up for being behind Red Bulls in history by emulating their parents? They're about 30 years too late to that party.

Again, emulating their parents, What has City or it's supporters done that would cause one to think many fans are hooligans.

P.S. Nyk, for the record I want to make it clear that I am NOT an NYC fan. I support Colorado and Manchester City. I have no affinity or reason to defend them other than I thought it was undeserved. My high horse may very well be present but it isn't an NYC high horse I can assure you of that.

P.S. Nyk, for the record I want to make it clear that I am NOT an NYC fan. I support Colorado and Manchester City. I have no affinity or reason to defend them other than I thought it was undeserved. My high horse may very well be present but it isn't an NYC high horse I can assure you of that.

I already knew that although I did have a hunch you were defending NYCFC fans because they were "members of the family" but I guess I was wrong.

And since we are making admissions I can admit I may have acted a bit too aggressively towards you.

I'm not sure why there being higher levels of fighting and/or destruction elsewhere means it's ok.

It doesn't, but what it does do is show that this is not unique to NYC and it is not a reason to classify them as hooligans or justify these posts.

As long as we don't get to the point when fans are beating each other stupid in the parking lot or rolling around as hooligan gangs I'm fine with a little chest thumping now and then.

NYCFC has you covered.

(People in bandanas picture with #WeAreHooligans)

I agree that picture is stupid but bandanas and a hashtag don't make hooligans.

NYCFC is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Seriously...

Moronic, as I previously mentioned how in any way shape or form is Manchester City the worst of the worst of Euro soccer. You don't have to like the money City spends or the team or the fans but don't make claims like this when there are horrible things that go on in Euro soccer and City is VERY rarely involved in anything like it.

Are they trying to make up for being behind Red Bulls in history by emulating their parents? They're about 30 years too late to that party.

Again, emulating their parents, What has City or it's supporters done that would cause one to think many fans are hooligans.

My point was 30 years ago, City had oneof the worst hooligan gangs in the country. It was also sarcasm, as every club in every league in every sport has fans that put the rest of the fans in a poor light. The team itself gets stick for being Man City's feeder club and retirement home, even though the team has brought in a couple younger players as would be done if they were loaned to Chester.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And yet, Vancouver consistently and quietly put together great squads using under-the-radar central American players, have the most wins in the league, are second on the west, and nobody talks about them because they don't spend a ton of cash and aren't worthy of a glamour pedestal.

I'll take it, I'd rather other MLS teams don't start following Carl Robinson around when he's scouting in Uruguay or Costa Rica.

I saw some guys from TFC walking around Pike Place Market this morning. No one I knee, but still cool.

I knew who they were because they were wearing TFC jackets and warmup pants. So they were in uniforms, which was equal parts charming and cute.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm super happy the Sounders won the second in a row at home, but even more excited that Drogba is finally playing in Montreal scoring hat tricks: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/09/05/hat-trick-hero-didier-drogba-hails-montreal-impact-fans-sees-room-improvemen

That looks like a great game to have seen in person.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I saw some guys from TFC walking around Pike Place Market this morning. No one I knee, but still cool.

I knew who they were because they were wearing TFC jackets and warmup pants. So they were in uniforms, which was equal parts charming and cute.

I frequently see visiting MLS players wandering around downtown Portland in their warmup gear a day or two before matches. Can't say the same about visiting NBA players.

I frequently see visiting MLS players wandering around downtown Portland in their warmup gear a day or two before matches. Can't say the same about visiting NBA players.

To be fair, I suppose, MLS play weekly games; NBA more frequently.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Most MLS teams will do a team walk the morning of the game to get the lead out and just relax a bit before the prep work for the day begins. Most NBA or NFL players would probably get mobbed for autographs if they did this as a team or on their own.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

US hosting Copa America Centenario is serious doubt.

Credit: NY Times:

The event next summer — featuring stars of South America like Lionel Messi and Neymar — was supposed to be a showcase opportunity for the American soccer community as well as the United States men's national team, but U.S. Soccer officials will not attend a meeting in Mexico on Thursday to determine the fate of the troubled tournament, and multiple officials with knowledge of the organization’s position indicated that if the United States does not host the Copa América, then it is also probable that its national team will not participate.

One official said it was unlikely that there would be a definitive announcement about the tournament’s status after Thursday’s meeting but said the two most likely outcomes would be for the tournament to be staged in Mexico or for a modified tournament to be held in South America.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/mls-player-salaries-revealed-212912787.html

This should make people who are worried about big money teams automatically winning the league feel better for now.

The Red Bulls and FC Dallas have the lowest payrolls in the league yet they have a high chance of winning the Supporter's Shield this year.

Archived