North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Scorpions are dead. And it's kinda sad that nobody there seems to care. Hell there is more of a "save our silverbacks" movement In Atlanta than a "save the scorpions." No surprise their attendance has been slipping. They could care less, and the reality is they are only slightly further along towards their MLS dream than a few days ago.

I think the Scorpions are dead. And it's kinda sad that nobody there seems to care. Hell there is more of a "save our silverbacks" movement In Atlanta than a "save the scorpions." No surprise their attendance has been slipping. They could care less, and the reality is they are only slightly further along towards their MLS dream than a few days ago.

I think that's not quite true. The way the team's gone about getting rid of their coach has irked most soccer fan's here in town. Also, there's a tendency to look to the Spurs involvement as the best thing to happen, even if that may not be true. The supporters groups will back whatever team is at Toyota Stadium as long as the owners keep saying they want MLS. I'd rather it be the Scorpions but if it isn't I'll be happy as long as the team continues to support Morgan's Wonderland. It's an amusement park specifically created for people with disabilities and younger children.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

http://sbisoccer.com/2015/11/new-ussf-policy-to-keep-mls-owned-usl-teams-out-of-u-s-open-cup

Apparently the USSF is banning, or keeping out, MLS owned USL clubs from the US Open Cup.

Hmm. The problem of reserve sides is real, but doesn't require a unilateral ban.

Hope this hastens the USL split - they have two distinct kinds of clubs with incompatible business models.

http://sbisoccer.com/2015/11/new-ussf-policy-to-keep-mls-owned-usl-teams-out-of-u-s-open-cup

Apparently the USSF is banning, or keeping out, MLS owned USL clubs from the US Open Cup.

Hmm. The problem of reserve sides is real, but doesn't require a unilateral ban.

Hope this hastens the USL split - they have two distinct kinds of clubs with incompatible business models.

I don't think this will. I think the USSF saying a second tier league must be composed of fully independent teams is the only thing that will.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not sure that's what's really needed. There's nothing wrong with an MLS team owning a lower-level club, so long as it's at least in part intended to be a competitive one.

There's a split between clubs whose first priority is to stage games and make money and those whose priority is to develop players. I presume that the Union, say, has designs on Bethlehem Steel being the latter. But I don't know. They may want to create a competitive team that can also serve as development club, and it that case it seems the Lehigh Valley is well-served by its professional club.

Was hoping for some Drobga magic today, but none so far. He's just looking injured more than special.

Bengals and Browns played Thursday; OSU yesterday. There are a surprising amount of open seats.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Was hoping for some Drobga magic today, but none so far. He's just looking injured more than special.

Bengals and Browns played Thursday; OSU yesterday. There are a surprising amount of open seats.

19,206. I don't know if that's good or bad.

This Sounders-Burn game sure is thrilling. Eh?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Rough finish for Seattle. Injuries were the story the whole season long, and were the story tonight. No Evans, no Alonso, and no win.

Congrats Dallas, who was clearly the better team tonight. I hope they enjoy Jesse Gonzales, because he doesn't seem long for MLS. That guy is good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm personally hoping for Dallas vs. NYRB in the final.

They were tied on points in the regular season (Red Bulls won the Supporter's Shield based on goal differential) and they tied the only game they played against each other.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived