North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

I'm rooting for NYRB because I like their stadium and I like BWP. Columbus would be good too.

I see FC Dallas winning it all though. They're playing really well and if they host MLS Cup (which they would against Columbua, I think), I think it's lights out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Vieira is NYCFC's new coach.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/11/09/patrick-vieira-appointed-new-york-city-fc-head-coach

Next season could be hilarious.

I feel like this is CFG attempting to ensure they stay in the news rather than ensuring they are better prepared for next season. I had hoped they'd look for someone with experience coaching a senior level team. Either they view NYCFC as a developmental arm to enhance the skills of players just outside the senior team or they're trying to gauge how ready for coaching at a higher level Viera and his staff are. They need to treat it as a soccer team and not a marketing arm or developmental squad.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/11/09/patrick-vieira-appointed-new-york-city-fc-head-coach

I feel like this is CFG attempting to ensure they stay in the news rather than ensuring they are better prepared for next season.

Nah, this won't keep them in the news longer than 20 minutes. It's nothing. If they really wanted headlines they would have hired Capello or Bon Bradley. Either of those would be a far more media-savvy hire.

I think they think Vieira is steeped in the City Way, whatever the hell that is. He's come up through the ranks there, he's been coaching the reserves for a couple years, let's see what he can do.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I know it's not a stunt. It's a genuine move, although time will tell if it's a good one.

The NASL is stupid and is going to make a satellite team for Rayo Vallecano (I don't blame you if you don't know who they are) in Oklahoma City called "Rayo OKC".

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/announce-oklahoma-club-42286/

How on Earth do they expect this team to draw any fans when the Oklahoma City Energy (I know it's a stupid name) are already there and have the advantage of not being a farm team.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I feel like this is CFG attempting to ensure they stay in the news rather than ensuring they are better prepared for next season. I had hoped they'd look for someone with experience coaching a senior level team. Either they view NYCFC as a developmental arm to enhance the skills of players just outside the senior team or they're trying to gauge how ready for coaching at a higher level Viera and his staff are. They need to treat it as a soccer team and not a marketing arm or developmental squad.

As previously mentioned, Vieira is a legit hire. He has done a fantastic job with the EDS and I think NYCFC will be much improved next season as a result of his appointment.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The NASL is stupid and is going to make a satellite team for Rayo Vallecano (I don't blame you if you don't know who they are) in Oklahoma City called "Rayo OKC".

How on Earth do they expect this team to draw any fans when the Oklahoma City Energy (I know it's a stupid name) are already there and have the advantage of not being a farm team.

I think they are more worried how empty the stadium will look for Cosmos vs Fury.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think they are more worried how empty the stadium will look for Cosmos vs Fury.

I think they are more worried about paying off their crack dealer.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Man after such success with Indy, Ottawa, and Jacksonville, I thought NASL had this whole expansion thing figured out after the failures of OKC and North Virginia. Then….

Puerto Rico I raised my eyes, but overall I think it might work. Its got a famous investor, they seem to be doing it right, and the support should be there. Plus, it'll be a fun road trip some day.

Miami FC really made me question their thought process. Why move a team into a similar market to an existing (and struggling) team where a MLS team is right around the corner…well maybe…depends on what day. And in the end, that's why that MAY work. Beckham can't get his stuff together and perhaps Miami FC may be the only game in town. Plus, crazy rich investors. Even if I'd rather see them elsewhere…I can see the logic. Plus, it'll be a fun road trip some day.

Rayo OKC. I just don't get it. The thing many NASL fanboys make fun of MLS fanboys for is the affiliate teams like Chivas and NYCFC. I get that USL burned you. You had announced an OKC team and stuff happens. They swooped in and took the market. Not exactly a nice thing to do, but whatever. Move on. Instead you're doing a farm team for a spanish team nobody has heard of, in a high school in the suburbs, in a metro area that already has a decently successful soccer team playing downtown.

I hope I'm wrong and OKC can properly support 2 professional clubs. But I can't see it. This team either fails, or succeeds at the cost of OKC Energy. Neither option is a good one.

Also, if your'e going to do this, don't ignore the Energy. Go full on and say you're #1 goal is to beat OKC Energy in the open cup. Make it fun!

Maybe the plus in this is the NASL is making their foreign team mistake in year 6 vs. MLS making theirs in year 12, so by that logic, NASL is growing faster than MLS!!!!

Well now I wouldn't say that. Most of their teams are real and I think there is a need for true independent clubs in the US. This is very similar to NYCFC on a much smaller scale. Existing team's area, foreign owners, farm club allegations, etc.

Main difference though is there was demand for a 2nd team in NYC and City is a much bigger brand than Rayo. No such demand in OKC.

I'd be ok with Rayo SF or even Rayo Nashville, but the market isn't needed for NASL so I don't get it.

I will say however The crazy NASL fanboys (mostly Cosmo fans and unaffiliated Pro/Rel truthers) are just as bad as the crazy MLS fanboys... And the NASL ones are getting worse.

The NASL needs to watch it, because I don't think San Antonio will be the first defection, especially if USL gets D2. I can see a world where Indy leaves. I mean, Cincy, Louisville, St. Louis. I hate it's a reserve league but the thought of actual regional rivals...

What is an MLS fanboy?

I mean, I guess I'd qualify as a fan of the league, but I don't feel any sense of competition with NASL. If they can get their act together and be a legit second tier league, good on them. But I will say the fanboyism seems to be coming from one direction. The rest of us are watching highest-level soccer in the US.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What is an MLS fanboy?

To some wearers of tinfoil hats, it's people that aren't working towards the destruction of MLS. (I don't think Pat is one of those, to be clear.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yes I'm defiantly not. I don't like some things about the MLS but if Indy Eleven was a MLS team tomorrow, I'll admit most of those gripes would go away. I love the fact that we have a league of that caliber. I think it's time for the training wheels to come off, but I'm happy MLS exists. What I do wish is they didn't have the USSF in their back pocket and they acted in the best interest of the entire pyramid I stad of just MLS. I digress...

You (DG_Now) for sure are not a MLS "fanboy" so if you thought I may have been calling you one, I was not. Being a fan of the MLS or its teams does not make you a fanatic that thinks they can do no wrong. There is a cult of MLS out there, just like there is of NASL. They are the ones that reject any criticism of the league, or say you aren't a true American soccer fan if you watch anything but MLS. They dismiss the NASL entirely and keep saying it's going to die anyday and seem to relish in its missteps. Those views are out there. Like I said, it's getting way worse from the NASL side I feel and like Kevin said, most wear tinfoil hats. It used to feel like these people were fans of NASL because their team was in it (like me) but they've changed.

The sad thing is, those that push for pro/rel and change are doing way more harm than good. They've turned those against it so they won't even discuss it, and those in the middle against it. You used to be able to have a reasonable discussion about these things and now you can't. It's frustrating.

I hate it's a reserve league but the thought of actual regional rivals...

Is NASL any different with Rayo getting a team and Celtic getting a team somewhere?

Its 1 team (maybe 2) instead of half but you aren't wrong at all.

Archived