North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the surprise of no one, Iron Lion Firm once again destroyed personal property of another team's fans.

Do you have a link?

That's the best I've seen of an actual source, but firsthand accounts of what happened weren't too favorable for the Orlando City fans that were responsible.

https://twitter.com/paultenorio/status/569276806689390592

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is Iron Lion Firm the OCSC supporters group?

There's no place for harrassing others teams' fans. Sports should be fun, especially when you're paying good money to attend games in person.

Leave the bad behavior to online message boards or comment strings. MLS really needs to have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to badly behaving supporter groups.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Both Iron Lion Firm (ugh, really?) and the Ruckus have had problems in the past, up to and including assaulting a police officer.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2014/07/11/orlando-city-supporter-groups-suspended-fans-banned-following-arrests

I'm an OCSC fan, and I will be at their first regular season game, but I hate the crap ILF keeps pulling. I thought they were disbanded and/or banned at one point but I guess that's not true sadly.

They were, but signed a revised Code of Conduct in exchange for being re-recognized.

Orlando has a reputation for being the worst fans in USL Pro, and I really hope they get their act together now that the club is moving to the larger stage. It's worth noting that MLS has just hired its first full-time security chief, and he's looking to make his mark. I believe we'll be seeing that zero-tolerance policy soon.

simple put, there's no excuse for that. I know I'm not saying saying something new in saying that.

I would love to understand the logic though, what do they think going and messing up someone else's party will do?

This isn't the playground at school. Destroying property is unlawful and frankly, it's downright childish. IT won't help your club win the match. So Stupid.

I say lock them up for the weekend, that'll make them think twice about acting like idiots.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

There is a certain (mercifully small) percentage of people who join these groups because they want to start trouble. Fights are the point.

It's up to the supporters group to police themselves, and the clubs and league to incentivize good behavior and punish the bad.

I have a few friends back home that are gonna root for OCSC this season, and I'm pretty upset by it because I haven't heard one good thing about the fans. I've been to Rowdies games with these friends, and I described it as if UCF jumped to the ACC and USF stayed in the AAC. It's about roots not whatever league they're in.

But I'm really excited for the Rowdies to start playing. The owner bought Al Lang Field from the city, and said he'd spend 1 million dollars on upgrades, and all with the same facilities they've spent like 2+ million in renovations, new equipment, and paint. They teamed up with USF-St. Pete to use thier intramural field as a practice field, working with the city to anchor the downtown development, and buy a bar downtown for tailgaiting. There's a sense of community starting up and it's exciting to see it unfold. Add a new firecracker coach, new signings, and a nike deal. This year will be fun.

Here's a link for a stadium tour last week. Since they've torn down the batter's eye, and repainted the overhang.
http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/gallery/154861?r=http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/slideshow/2015/02/13/exclusive-take-a-tour-of-the-al-lang-stadium.html

I mean I get it, I have no right to tell someone who to root for. Yeah if you lived half way between Montgomery and Atlanta, you could be a Biscuits and Braves fans independently. But in soccer I feel it's different because they can play eachother, and up until this year they did before the OCSC fans picked fights at Al Lang and they cancelled future games. They're rivals, I feel like if QPR gets relegated to the 2nd English tier, their fans wouldn't automatically root for Chelsea because they aren't in the same league.

Yeah but there won't be relegation involved here. I mean they could compete in some outside tournament but still. I see it more like having a favorite NFL and favorite CFL/Arena team or something. I am excited about OCSC this year but I won't excuse any crappy fan behavior because I want an enjoyable game as much as anybody and none of that crap.

niagaraq.png

*restarts call for banning Ultra groups*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Shut up, Meg.

Well, my general rule of thumb for soccer fan behavior is "if the Italians and/or Eastern Europeans thought it up, it probably should be discouraged," but...

You can still have your supporter groups, just abandon aspects of the ultra subculture. You know violence, flares, organized intimidation. There should be a zero tolerance policy for that.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's wrong with flairs?

Assuming they are controlled and not burning down the stadium or causing so much smoke the game is compromised I don't see an issue.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

What's wrong with flairs?

Assuming they are controlled and not burning down the stadium or causing so much smoke the game is compromised I don't see an issue.

Pyrotechnics shot off by amateurs in crowded areas are too accident prone.

Today, we are all otaku.

Like anything else, rules (maybe capos being the only person to light it) need to be in place but I see your concern.

I guess I just didn't see how flairs and the violent ultras go hand in hand. no matter.

Archived