North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Shut up, Meg.

Well, my general rule of thumb for soccer fan behavior is "if the Italians and/or Eastern Europeans thought it up, it probably should be discouraged," but...

You can still have your supporter groups, just abandon aspects of the ultra subculture. You know violence, flares, organized intimidation. There should be a zero tolerance policy for that.

Amen. That's what we're building here in New York.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut up, Meg.

Well, my general rule of thumb for soccer fan behavior is "if the Italians and/or Eastern Europeans thought it up, it probably should be discouraged," but...You can still have your supporter groups, just abandon aspects of the ultra subculture. You know violence, flares, organized intimidation. There should be a zero tolerance policy for that.
Yes, the British had absolutely nothing to do with hooliganism. Too bad that they were the only ones to get banned from European competitions for it. :rolleyes:
07Giants.pngnyy.png

Shut up, Meg.

Well, my general rule of thumb for soccer fan behavior is "if the Italians and/or Eastern Europeans thought it up, it probably should be discouraged," but...You can still have your supporter groups, just abandon aspects of the ultra subculture. You know violence, flares, organized intimidation. There should be a zero tolerance policy for that.
Yes, the British had absolutely nothing to do with hooliganism. Too bad that they were the only ones to get banned from European competitions for it. :rolleyes:
Both are bad dude. The reason I use Italy and Eastern Europe, though, is because that's where you really get the intersection between ultras and far right wing politics/racism.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Shut up, Meg.

Both are bad dude. The reason I use Italy and Eastern Europe, though, is because that's where you really get the intersection between ultras and far right wing politics/racism.
Well, they might have degenerated, but to say they "thought it up", you're implying that they were the precursors of hooliganism. The Orlando fans look more similar to the English/Dutch type. I haven't heard of any political ideology from them, just idiots who enjoy getting drunk and destroying stuff.
07Giants.pngnyy.png

The English have, to their credit, largely stamped out those problems. The Chelsea scumbags waited until they left the country to behave in a way they never would in London.

My experience is that England is working to eliminate all traces of the vile, evil supporters culture in a way that other countries are not. So yeah, I'm okay with wanting to be more like England than Italy or Eastern Europe.

The English have, to their credit, largely stamped out those problems. The Chelsea scumbags waited until they left the country to behave in a way they never would in London.

My experience is that England is working to eliminate all traces of the vile, evil supporters culture in a way that other countries are not. So yeah, I'm okay with wanting to be more like England than Italy or Eastern Europe.

Yeah, England has done a phenomenal job stamping it out. But I was talking more about the type of hooligans Orlando has, since I haven't seen any political ideology from them, other than being :censored:s
07Giants.pngnyy.png

Can't tell if this is a supporter's group or a cult.

0QumfvE.png

People need to calm the hell down with this stuff. You are cheering for guys playing a game. That's all.

Just go to the game, have a good time, hang out with like minded folks, and then go home. You don't need to try to act hardcore about it (looking at you Orlando and San Jose) or be this :censored:ing creepy and exclusionary..

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Yeah, that's really weird. We have a paid membership now, but in terms of being "one of us", it's show up and have a good time. (Booze is optional, though readily available.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is that Gothamite's group? If so, kind of weird, man.

I've considered sitting with the Emerald City Supporters (I have some friends in that group), but it just seems like so much investment. Learning songs, buying jerseys and scarves, learning "dance" moves, and so on.

I kind of just like going to the game and watching. Baseball games are perfect for me re: level of fan investment. Soccer's more exciting in person, but I think Seattle's on the edge of overdoing it.

But Heart of Oaks? Checking references? Ugh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nope, that's not mine. It's a new group (maybe you'd call it a spin-off, since they're requiring prospective members to quit all other groups including mine).

And yeah, it's a bit much. More a social club than a supporters' group, since the focus is limiting membership to the existing social circle. But whatever floats your boat; we obviously don't have the same mission.

0QumfvE.png

People need to calm the hell down with this stuff. You are cheering for guys playing a game. That's all.

Just go to the game, have a good time, hang out with like minded folks, and then go home. You don't need to try to act hardcore about it (looking at you Orlando and San Jose) or be this :censored:ing creepy and exclusionary..

Jesus that looks like the requirements to join the Hells Angels, not a soccer supporters group. Is this "Hearts of Oak" the NYCFC official supporters group?

0QumfvE.png

Jesus that looks like the requirements to join the Hells Angels, not a soccer supporters group. Is this "Hearts of Oak" the NYCFC official supporters group?

The Third Rail is the main supporters group.

Imagining these guys being the top group for any team is just laughable.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I've sat among and near the Timbers Army in Portland for several years now. Their motto has always been something to the effect of, "if you want to be Timbers Army, then you are Timbers Army." No fee required, learning the songs is intuitive, and almost anyone can buy their Timbers Army scarves from a truck outside the stadium at a reasonable price. I own two.

It's really a very inclusive organization that makes the game experience really worthwhile.

They have a separate, nonprofit arm called the 107 IST (for independent supporters trust) that includes a membership fee. It finances and organizes Timbers Army activities (travel to away games, sign-making) and spearheads programs to enhance access to the sport around Portland.

The Army does a pretty effective job of policing itself. It also knows that should its members act out inappropriately, it runs the risk of losing its voice with management.

The Brickyard Battalion is basically the same. You like the facebook page and you're a member. Anyone can sit in the BYB section (which has caused issues with idiots throwing things because they are the cheap seats and they play on a college campus...) Not sure about the sub-group Slaughterhouse-19 but I'm pretty sure it's very similar: join an email list and your level of involvement is up to you. If you support the Eleven, you're one of us.

There is a pay portion that's paired with Indy Eleven but you get a scarf, pint glasses, player events, merch discounts, shorter beer line and some other things. Not a bad deal for $35.

Archived