NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of neck type is that ? I only see that type of neck on our players ( just Cobb & Jones ).

tempSeahawks092015sh044WEB--nfl_mezz_128

It's custom built. Ripon delivers a one of a couple body styles to order, and I'm pretty sure that Marge Switzer, the team seamstress, customizes the necks for them.

With the sublimation technology we have today, they could easily simulate the same collar on the elite 51 template

If they must have that collar they could do what the Patriots and Bills do and use the regular collar on the new template.

But that would be a bad idea for the Packers because Nike can't do green. See: New York Jets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

With the sublimation technology we have today, they could easily simulate the same collar on the elite 51 template

If they must have that collar they could do what the Patriots and Bills do and use the regular collar on the new template.

But that would be a bad idea for the Packers because Nike can't do green. See: New York Jets.

Nike could stop being :censored:s and making crappy jersey templates with colossal neck holes and collars. Even if Nike were able to match greens, the Packers jerseys would look terrible with the giant neck hole and huge collar which covers half the width of the shoulders, forcing them to make the shoulder numbers even smaller.

I don't want to see the Packers drop the collar trim. They've had it for probably my whole life. It's obviously not for every team, but there's something nice about seeing a headshot of a player and having the teams be instantly recognizable from just the collar. And considering they've won two Super Bowls in this set (more or less), I think they should just keep it the same and stop letting the players alter it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

635562575530743774-cxx-rodgers-26.jpgArodgCollar_zpst4jmwsxz.png

quick photoshop. That stripe appearing on the uniform in 4 different places (helmet, collar, pants, sleeves) is overkill. Helmet sleeves pants works better.

I'm with you. Needless details are better left off. Or, if it was good enough for Vince Lombardi, it's good enough for me. ;)

Now if we can only fix the road jerseys too...

Do these also look like cheap walmart jerseys?

6507152.jpgtony-romo1.jpg0737199001442621352_filepicker.jpg

Those have always been known this way so no. The Packers though are known to have a collar, will certainly keep it and are looking awesome the way they are. I'm with him that the collars are a key element of the Packers jerseys actually looking like real Packers jerseys.

Come to think of it, the Dallas jersey does look a little chintzy.

I don't mind the Packers' collar. So few teams have collars that it's kind of a signature thing for them. They've had it as long as I've been aware of football, they've won in it, it's not a terrible Nike collar, and subtracting it doesn't make it any better, so it's not really a problem.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Giants wearing white cleats with the white pants tonight. Looks really good IMO.

This should be their primary look. Change their white jerseys to match the striping on the white pants. Maybe switch to blue numbers.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

635562575530743774-cxx-rodgers-26.jpgArodgCollar_zpst4jmwsxz.png

quick photoshop. That stripe appearing on the uniform in 4 different places (helmet, collar, pants, sleeves) is overkill. Helmet sleeves pants works better.

Hmm...I always thought the elimination of collar stripes would look better, but actually seeing it visualized now, that collar is so "Packers" that it looks super weird to me without it. I might be in the minority here, but I think I'd rather have the collar stripes remain.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived