NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Also, FWIW (and I have not fact checked this - it's just based on memory) if you consider this Eagles uniform to be a continuation of the one unveiled in '96 (rather than a new one created in '03), then I THINK they've worn this uniform longer than any other in their history.

I'm not sure I'd personally make that decision... they added a whole new color in '03... but either way, that's a sad statement.

I wonder if that's true of the Broncos' current, too?

True, I consider the 03 set a different set too (new outline color around the numbers and on pants, new pants striping pattern, new collar wordmark) but I think the average person didn't even notice since the helmet (most important), fonts, and main colors didn't change. I'd bet to anyone not on this forum, the "midnight green" uniform has been around from '96 - present.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd want it to be even closer to Kelly to have an appreciable effect. Unless my monitor isn't displaying it right, I don't think that buys you enough to warrant the expense of making that change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder how a shade between kelly green and midnight green would look with silver pants. Probably decent enough.

When I split the difference, here's what I got...

geen_zpsjrgjpqxx.png

Take that middling green(-blue) and make it a touch or two greener and you have a true, jade-like green the Eagles should be wearing.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

unpopular opinion: i think the midnight green is really good. it's other details in that identity i think should change, primarily the treatment of the numbers. that gray/black outline doesn't do the uniform any favors.

i don't know how much it needs to change though. i think it looks old and tired to most of us because we're more obsessed with this kind of thing than most and this uniform is caught in the middle of not old enough to be vintage, and not new enough to be fresh.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

unpopular opinion: i think the midnight green is really good. it's other details in that identity i think should change, primarily the treatment of the numbers. that gray/black outline doesn't do the uniform any favors.

i don't know how much it needs to change though. i think it looks old and tired to most of us because we're more obsessed with this kind of thing than most and this uniform is caught in the middle of not old enough to be vintage, and not new enough to be fresh.

I agree. I think slightly lightening the midnight green, along with switching out black and charcoal for grey, could make the uniform look great again. At the very least, it would provide a top tier color scheme IMO.

I agree. I think slightly lightening the midnight green, along with switching out black and charcoal for grey, could make the uniform look great again. At the very least, it would provide a top tier color scheme IMO.

Agree that not much needs to change. While watching the game yesterday I really started to think that ditching the drop shadow on the numbers would tighten up the look.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm in the "not much needs to change" camp as well. Honestly, I think they had it down before the 2003 update. The 96-02 look had all the right elements without the unnecessary charcoal or drop shadow. It was much simpler and worked very well. The pants stripe was a whole lot better too. I think that's your solution right there.

hoying-400x327.jpg

I'm still not really sure why they updated in '03 in the first place...

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Oh I totally disagree. I think the '03 update was a major improvement. The uniform that Bobby Hoying (!) is wearing there just doesn't look right to me. The asymmetrical wordmark is awkward, the lack of trim makes it look unfinished (thought they did tweak that), and the traditional pants stripe kinda clashes with the jersey.

I get the gripes about the new numbers, but I totally think they're better than what they had, though I agree that gray / silver would work better than charcoal.

I just don't understand why they had to make the color scheme so dark. The color balance on the helmet is near-perfect, and it baffles me that the color balance throughout the rest of their set is nothing like that. Detroit gets it, why don't the Eagles?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

You know, for myself, I don't know that I find that dark blue-green to be a bad looking color, as much as just the fact that I love a nice bright kelly green in sports design and it's just so criminally underused these days. The Celtics, the Canucks... that's about it these days, I think.

Archived