NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Any predictions for the changes this year? Last year the Eagles dropped black pants on us all as a surprise.

Here are my predictions, in order from what I think is probably going to happen, to what has a very small chance of happening but still might:

1. The 49ers alternate uniform will be black, like Kaepernick's practice uniform. (Bonus prediction is they wear it against Seattle in grey)

2. The Dolphins alternate will be either black or orange.

3. The Packers new alternate will be a green and yellow throwback, the Acme Packers are no more.

4. The Saints finally move away from the toilet seat collars

5. Some team changes the color of the NOB.

6. Some team, like the Eagles did last year, will quietly add another pair of pants for a new monochrome look and trot them out on a prime time game. My guess is the Broncos with orange pants.

Why would the Dolphins break out a Black alt? THAT would be BFBS of the highest order.

Black is nowhere to be found in their current logo!!!

4105_miami_dolphins-primary-2013.png

I've said it before and I will say it again, Miami will have a Navy alternate.

That blue isn't navy anymore.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blue alternate would be insanely boring in a division that already features the Bills and Patriots.

As you can see from what I posted above - that Dolphins' Blue is MUCH different than what the Bills and Patriots wear. In fact, it's close the former Seahawks Blue.

A blue alternate would be insanely boring in a division that already features the Bills and Patriots.

Well the division already has three white helmets, so it's not like we are talking about the world-famous, wild-and-wacky-NFL-aesthetics-check-this-out division.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd like to see Aqua pants paired with a new blue Dolphins jersey.

the only reason i wouldnt like this is because it would be white helmet - navy jersey - aqua pants ..too many colors for my liking as a fins fan

all-navy would be cool as well

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

As you can see from what I posted above - that Dolphins' Blue is MUCH different than what the Bills and Patriots wear. In fact, it's close the former Seahawks Blue.

Yeah, but Nike would struggle with the color and make it navy.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Woof. The Seahawks blue was a dreary mess. It might look better between white pants and helmets, but not much better.

The pressing freaking issue here is that the Dolphins are the Panthers to a lesser extent (the Panthers have great uniforms while the Dolphins' blow). The Panthers have a black jersey that they rarely wear (2-4 times tops per season). They have a blue alternate jersey that cuts down on the times they could otherwise wear the black jersey which is much superior to the whites. The Dolphins right now wear the aqua 1-2 times per season. So even if a blue jersey looked great (which it won't, it will look terrible), it's wrong for them because it would take away from them wearing the much superior aqua jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just a feeling. They've got those black shorts they wear in practice and that are available at NFLshop.com

I figure it would look like these.

http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_1638000/ff_1638419_xl.jpg&w=180

If anything, I predict they'll come up with a Blue one - lots of sideline gear last season with Blue.

Nice shade of blue that I think could work very well as an alt for them:

450%20dolphins122914%20Dolphins%20vs%20J

bill-lazor-11132014.jpg

I really don't see enough contrast between the shades to warrant an alt for the darker blue. I'm willing to bet that the average fan could be easily convinced that the darker shade was in fact the primary aqua if there wasn't a primary to compare it to. Especially from a distance or tv highlights.

I really don't see enough contrast between the shades to warrant an alt for the darker blue. I'm willing to bet that the average fan could be easily convinced that the darker shade was in fact the primary aqua if there wasn't a primary to compare it to. Especially from a distance or tv highlights.

Absolutely. At a quick glance, the practice photo above looked like Philbin was wearing an aqua shirt and shorts. It wasn't until I noticed the players' jerseys that I could tell he was wearing blue. Of course, the lighting would be more reliable in games than in that photo, but it's still a valid point.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Absolutely. At a quick glance, the practice photo above looked like Philbin was wearing an aqua shirt and shorts. It wasn't until I noticed the players' jerseys that I could tell he was wearing blue. Of course, the lighting would be more reliable in games than in that photo, but it's still a valid point.

Can someone do a quick mock-up of an all blue jersey or blue jersey - white pants..im sure someone has done a concept by now ...

The Dolphins could always introduce an orange jersey and add blue pants as an option as well or vice versa

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Any predictions for the changes this year? Last year the Eagles dropped black pants on us all as a surprise.

Here are my predictions, in order from what I think is probably going to happen, to what has a very small chance of happening but still might:

1. The 49ers alternate uniform will be black, like Kaepernick's practice uniform. (Bonus prediction is they wear it against Seattle in grey)

2. The Dolphins alternate will be either black or orange.

3. The Packers new alternate will be a green and yellow throwback, the Acme Packers are no more.

4. The Saints finally move away from the toilet seat collars

5. Some team changes the color of the NOB.

6. Some team, like the Eagles did last year, will quietly add another pair of pants for a new monochrome look and trot them out on a prime time game. My guess is the Broncos with orange pants.

Why would the Dolphins break out a Black alt? THAT would be BFBS of the highest order.

Black is nowhere to be found in their current logo!!!4105_miami_dolphins-primary-2013.png

I've said it before and I will say it again, Miami will have a Navy alternate.

Agreed. Feels like the Phins have been separating themselves from Orange. Barely used in uniforms, now Sunlife is going all Aqua. Navy seems the likeliest of options.

Dolphins31.png

NYCdog.png

I think there is. Especially when the colors are together on the same shirt like in the polo in the top photo with the aqua stripe on the shoulder. Here's another one:

oct-31-2013-miami-gardens-fl-usa-miami-d

Recolored some official graphics - using the Pantone Textile matches to see how this might look:

MiamiDolphins_HRQ0100a_2013-9999_SCC_SRG

MiamiDolphins_CONJFV0100a_TXC_SRGB.png

MiamiDolphins_CONPLV0100a_TXC_SRGB.png

Aqua pants look awful. How about a White pair, with a Blue center stripe instead?:

MiamiDolphins_CONPLV0200a_TXC_SRGB.png

(Probably shouldn't, since you'd have an awkward mis-match with the helmet stripe then.)

Now, a recolored sock as well:

MiamiDolphins_CONSOC0100a_TXC_SRGB.png

Archived