NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

featurepic1.jpg

I gladly stand corrected.

It's the use of helmets that's "silly and amateurish". :P

I get that different sports have different aesthetics. But just as some people like colored baseball shirts, I think that color-on-color can sometimes look good in football.

ucla-usc.jpg

5182064468_767b632293_o.jpg

5182411979_c4cc7bf5aa_o.jpg

In particular, that USC/UCLA game has never looked so good as when both teams are wearing their primary jerseys.

You may prefer color vs color, but the established white vs. color is not "silly and amatuerish". Come on.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of overthinking designs and making them overly bland in order to make them translate easier to replica jerseys, why can't they just shorten the sleeves on the replicas a little bit to more closely emulate the game-worn jerseys? I'm not saying they need to put cap sleeves on the replicas, but something like the jersey cut that Rivers wears would be just fine for retail and would reduce a lot of the design inconsistencies between replicas and game-worns.

I agree. The sleeves on replica jerseys are obnoxiously long.

I'd add the caveat that the men's sleeves are too long. For some reason the women's jerseys and toddler jersey sleeves are not as long as the men's cut. Even the more expensive jerseys have slightly shorter sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hey, I wasn't the one who threw that phrase out.

I was responding to a hyperbolic assertion with what I thought would be recognized as equal hyperbole.

Except color vs color looking silly and amateurish is not a hyperbolic assertion. It does look silly and amateurish.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, not really.

ucla-usc.jpg

Sometimes it's the best possible look in a given matchup.

Exception to the rule and only because it has long established history. I still prefer color jersey vs white jersey in the UCLA-USC rivalry. Sorry if that goes against some CCSLC universal truth.

Here you go.

090813_cw_tigersplayoff.jpg

99% of the time it looks bush league.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, not really.

ucla-usc.jpg

Sometimes it's the best possible look in a given matchup.

Exception to the rule and only because it has long established history. I still prefer color jersey vs white jersey in the UCLA-USC rivalry. Sorry if that goes against some CCSLC universal truth.

Here you go.

090813_cw_tigersplayoff.jpg

99% of the time it looks bush league.

Color-on-color is the very LEAST of the problems in that picture. Yikes.

Me personally, I don't like it when a team doesn't wear their best look, home/road traditions be darned. If you look best in white, then you should strive to wear white as much as possible. If you look good in another color, then wear that as much as possible.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Forgive me if this question has been addressed/buried somewhere in this thread...

Any word on the Eagles swapping midnight green for kelly next season?

As much time as Nike put into getting the right shade of green for the Eagles this year, I don't think they'll be switching from that any time soon.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Jaguars are celebrating their 20th NFL season and have a logo for it (which is currently on their website).

That was for last year. They wore it as a patch last season.

I still haven't figured out how to embed instagram yet but here's the link.
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Jaguars are celebrating their 20th NFL season and have a logo for it (which is currently on their website).

That was for last year. They wore it as a patch last season.

I still haven't figured out how to embed instagram yet but here's the link.

Jags don't look so bad when you can't see the rest of the helmet

a9xzpd.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Forgive me if this question has been addressed/buried somewhere in this thread...

Team president is on record recently stating that it's not even being considered, and if Kelly were to return in any capacity, it'd be a once a year throwback but he also added that tge one helmet rule is preventing that for at least this season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i think the jags look best wearing black shells with a normal finish

Me as well the gold looks at of place because that is the least represented color in any part of the uniform... The logo is mostly gold so it loses a lot on the gold as well...

The whole identity right now has no redeeming qualities IMHO.

You got jagged numbers & font with a rounded logo that has been stretched with an extra color thrown in there... also the collapsing shield that does not fit anything else....

I probably would not care but I absolutely loved the 90's set....

Wouldn't this look so much better than what they have today?

eagles_kelly.jpg

No it wouldn't. Among other reasons, the black is way out of place.

Probably better for concepts since it ain't happening for '15

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wouldn't this look so much better than what they have today?

eagles_kelly.jpg

No it wouldn't. Among other reasons, the black is way out of place.

Probably better for concepts since it ain't happening for '15

black doesn't look out of place to me. I much prefer that helmet to their current.

Archived