NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Owners can drop hints or confirmations early if they want. But don't forget that we didn't know the Bucs were begging new uniforms until Sapp tweeted out his teaser, which was about twenty minutes before the reveal.

And I'm not sure that the Packers or Niners have publicly announced that they'll have new alts next season.

So I don't know where you got "November" from, but it's wrong. The Rams could possibly announce today that they're changing for next season, or they could wait until a year from now and tell us when they're ready to show us.

In their case, I'm expecting a relocation announcement to come next February; a uniform announcement would likely come at the same time so the new color scheme can be prominently featured on all the LA Rams merchandise that will is instantly be for sale.

I would have got Nov. as the submission date to the NFL from here. Anything having to do w/ new unis I get from here. I know I read it here somewhere. You guys know the Packers and Niners getting new alts this year would be considered good enough for me to green light or red light any jersey purchase.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look in the shadow created by the head of the white Jersey model. See the grooves next to the collar? What the heck is that? Doesn't look like anything I've seen from the newer templates.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Almost all of the NFL logos (shield, Preseason, Training Camp, Draft, Kickoff, Thanksgiving, Salute to Service, Breast Cancer Awareness, Minicamp) are getting special 3-D/gradient/Gold treatments for this season.

NationalFootballLeague_AMK0100a_2015.png

So the NFL is kinda helping us along in thinking it did not exist pre-Super Bowl.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They're the mach speed template that college teams have Been using as of late.

Not quite. There is not "vent" or mesh area on the chest and the collar comes down to a point rather than stopping at the collarbone.

Closer look, there is a golden tread pattern on both the uniforms...

YuT0kHB.png

rA7OOcs.png

That's what I was talking about in my last post. I think this is a new template/material and that this is Nike's version of Adidas's tire tread

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This definitely looks like a whole new template for the NFL uniforms and it's doesn't appear to be a direct copy of the Mach Speed college template. Main differences on the jersey seem to be the shoulder yoke and cap are in different places and there doesn't appear to be the mesh ventilation tusk near the armpit. The pants are also different in that they don't appear to have as many panels near the waist and knee areas.

So the NFL is kinda helping us along in thinking it did not exist pre-Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl really changed everything for the NFL, so that's why the 50th game is so important. The popularity of the league in overtaking baseball coincided with this event, and I don't think the pre Super Bowl era is being ignored. NFL Films did not exist before 1960, so that plays a role in terms of exposure for that era. Before the Super Bowl, teams were either awarded as champions by winning a lone division of teams, or later, the east or west champion was given home field advantage for the title game. The Super Bowl just took the title game and sport to a different level, so it's fair to say the SB titles are slightly more valuable than what happened before.

Almost all of the NFL logos (shield, Preseason, Training Camp, Draft, Kickoff, Thanksgiving, Salute to Service, Breast Cancer Awareness, Minicamp) are getting special 3-D/gradient/Gold treatments for this season.

NationalFootballLeague_AMK0100a_2015.png

So is this the official logo for the 2015 season?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Super Bowl really changed everything for the NFL, so that's why the 50th game is so important. The popularity of the league in overtaking baseball coincided with this event, and I don't think the pre Super Bowl era is being ignored. NFL Films did not exist before 1960, so that plays a role in terms of exposure for that era. Before the Super Bowl, teams were either awarded as champions by winning a lone division of teams, or later, the east or west champion was given home field advantage for the title game. The Super Bowl just took the title game and sport to a different level, so it's fair to say the SB titles are slightly more valuable than what happened before.

The SB was the catalyst for the merger which was the most significant boost to the NFL's popularity. You had all the best talent and teams consolidated into a single league brand and showcasing that product on national tv sealed the deal.

I don't think the nfl is abandoning the pre-sb history as much as modern brand marketing dictates that you turn everything into a marketable event. If that means creating nonsensical anniversaries to gain more media attention and push merchadise, that's all good. Should we actually expect the shield to wait for nfl 100 when they can celebrate a meaningless anniversary now?

Archived