NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Gold signifies 50 years of excellence. It also represents passion, pride, and the state in which the great game will be played in as well as the Golden Gate bridge, one of the most iconic landmarks on Earth. The gold used will honor the past of the Super Bowl while also looking forward to the bright future of the League in the process.

... the trophy remains unchanged"

If not for the bold, I may have believed that this was legit.

Maybe we need a quiz on sports marketing slogans: "Real or Parody?"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I know its a little off topic but I just saw this pic tweeted out by the NFL twitter.

3 different jersey cuts and sleeve stripping.

Cousins is doing it right. His facemask looks like garbage though. (same as P Manning)

87Redskins.png

I know its a little off topic but I just saw this pic tweeted out by the NFL twitter.

Cousins is doing it right. His facemask looks like garbage though. (same as P Manning)

Totally agree on both. I hate that facemask If you have the Revo helmet, at least use the newer style facemasks like Luck.

I hate that facemask with a passion.

I don't mind Cousins' sleeves so much, but what I don't like is that it's not uniform with anyone else on the team. I swear I can remember a preseason game were he had the classic cut sleeves, but the stripes were smaller to match the other players.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

"Gold signifies 50 years of excellence. It also represents passion, pride, and the state in which the great game will be played in as well as the Golden Gate bridge, one of the most iconic landmarks on Earth. The gold used will honor the past of the Super Bowl while also looking forward to the bright future of the League in the process.

... the trophy remains unchanged"

If not for the bold, I may have believed that this was legit.

LOL I'm not sure if I should take that as a complement for being like a Nike spokesman or as an insult for being like a Nike spokesman. :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Packers' President Mark Murphy said today that the Packers' alternate that we've known about from the style guide for some time will in fact be a throwback, in case there was any doubt. No idea on which throwback though.

Also, with these draft hats with the skyline under the bill, what the H is the Packers' going to be? the only thing on the skyline of Green Bay is Lambeau Field. Maybe they'll just put a farm on there (kidding, but actually it wouldn't be far off)

Packers' President Mark Murphy said today that the Packers' alternate that we've known about from the style guide for some time will in fact be a throwback, in case there was any doubt. No idea on which throwback though.

Also, with these draft hats with the skyline under the bill, what the H is the Packers' going to be? the only thing on the skyline of Green Bay is Lambeau Field. Maybe they'll just put a farm on there (kidding, but actually it wouldn't be far off)

never been there but I'm sure there has to be a days inn or an applebee's that can be included with lambeau...

Maybe it'll be thr one with the 5 stripes on the sleeves?

That's what my hope is. I love those 1960's uniforms, and it works with the one helmet rule very well, just a facemask change. It's not a big change from the norm, but it's an all timer.

bart-starr.jpg

However, I believe that it'll be from the early era when the Pack was still blue/gold because the Acme Packer apparel sells like hotcakes here in Wisconsin. And it's a way of selling two different brands of the same merchandise for the team (aka $$$$)

That's what my hope is. I love those 1960's uniforms, and it works with the one helmet rule very well, just a facemask change. It's not a big change from the norm, but it's an all timer.

bart-starr.jpg

However, I believe that it'll be from the early era when the Pack was still blue/gold because the Acme Packer apparel sells like hotcakes here in Wisconsin. And it's a way of selling two different brands of the same merchandise for the team (aka $$$$)

It'd be cool if they stopped taking care of the field that week and got some good throwback mud

bart-starr.jpg

Not quite. The current logo is rounded at the end, while the old one was shaped like a football.

05bc6233-309d-4a03-8670-321fc2ccbc17_lg. vs. 51b5fqj3BeL.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This whole thing would probably be more fitting for the league's 100th anniversary in 2020. But I'm sure someone at NFL decided they couldn't wait 5 years to make money on gold merchandise.

It's gold because 50th Anniversaries are Golden. The NFL 75th Anniversary had a diamond in the logo to represent the Diamond anniversary. 2020 should be marked by Platinum, but we'll see.

but this isn't actually the 50th anniversary of the 1st Super Bowl. It's the 50th game in the series.

gYH2mW9.png

bart-starr.jpg

Not quite. The current logo is rounded at the end, while the old one was shaped like a football.

05bc6233-309d-4a03-8670-321fc2ccbc17_lg. vs. 51b5fqj3BeL.jpg

And it still should be.

Archived