NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders got jokes..

1 helmet rule for one..

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 2m2 minutes ago

Yeah Right...We Will Always Be THE SILVER AND BLACK !!!

Yup. Just mocking the 49ers for using black when they have no business with a black uni

Go A's!

Raiders got jokes..

1 helmet rule for one..

Yup. Just mocking the 49ers for using black when they have no business with a black uni

Hate the Raiders, but well played..

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Raiders got jokes..

Well played, Oakland. Well played.

(FTR, those Radier mockup alts put the Niners' to shame.)

I feel like that the pants in that is from the Raiders, just colored. The top is probably a photo of Patrick Willis in his rookie year. The design of that jersey looks like the 49ers' old jersey just colored and modified.

Go A's!

I want to hate the new BFBS jerseys, but I can't. I just hate it paired with the helmet. I wish there wasn't a one helmet rule in the NFL. It's got to go for throwbacks and alts.

Well if the 49ers are going to play like the Raiders for the foreseeable future, they might as well look like them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know about you guys, but I think this new alternate for the 49ers sucks. A gold helmet, while the rest of the entire uniform does not have a single ounce of Gold on it. It makes no sense. This look is a mess. They should at least use the gold pants, at least it wouldn't have a random Golden Helmet with an all-black uniform. As for the jersey, it needs some white and gold on there. To me, it's almost as if the 49ers were planning on a Red and Silver Throwback, but with this new One-Helmet Rule, (Which doesn't make sense, and is completely stupid because, well, every other Football League has at least one team that uses multiple helmets, and the Players are getting smacked in the head no better or worse than the NFL's Players but whatever.) they were desperate for a Plan B so they can make some more money selling another jersey and picked this and just said "Good enough." and stuck with it.

Raiders got jokes..

1 helmet rule for one..

Ummmmm . . . 1960 Oakland Raiders --

4033073107_7d7f40fb64.jpgOaklandRaiders1960_display_image.jpg?133

1965Topps145Otto250w.jpg11-12-2005012213PM.jpg

Not saying I want the Raiders in gold, but there is more precedent for that than for the 49ers in black.

P.S. It's weird to see Jim Otto in something other than 00.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

How long before we get a bastardized look of red jersey/black pants or black jersey/gold pants?

It's only a matter of time, and that's the worst part of this awful set. It's not bad enough that they'll look horrible and entirely unlike the 49ers once or twice a year, but they'll also decide to bust out the fiercer/tougher/lighter black pants with the white or red jerseys to "help" break their losing streak.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Personally, I'm shocked the NFL actually approved these Longest Yard reject uniforms. But now we know it was the PLAYERS who wanted it:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/49ers-new-black-uniforms-ugly-alternate

49ers all-black alternate uniforms could be NFL's worst in 2015

The San Francisco 49ers unveiled a sneak-peek at their new, all-black alternate uniforms on Thursday that betrayed every tenet of the team’s traditional scarlet and gold color scheme that evokes wonderful memories of all those Bill Walsh championship teams and instead looked almost identical to the regular uniforms worn by the 1991 Atlanta Falcons. Congratulations, Niners. Maybe M.C. Hammer will come roam your sideline.

The 49ers released the uniforms on Snapchat, which benefitted everyone because you could only see them for up to 10 seconds. But once the season comes you’re stuck looking at these bad boys for three hours.

Like all alternate uniforms, these exist solely as a cash cow for teams. Sheeps who will buy anything will spend $79.95 to look like an evil version of the Cincinnati Reds. They can also be worn by teams for two games per season, which means the normally beautifully-dressed Niners will look uglier than their opponents on up to two occasions in 2016.

I asked a 49ers fan what he thought of the uniforms and the printable phrases he used were “no reason for the red and gold 49ers to wear this ” and “they’re worse than I thought,” both of which were bookended by a half-dozen unprintable words. And to his credit, the unis are hideously ugly and off message.

But, hey, since the 49ers are going to be in rebuilding (read: awful) mode following the departuresof Jim Harbaugh, Frank Gore and Patrick Willis, might as well cap it by looking as horrible as you play. The official unveiling will take place during the team’s draft party.

Archived