Gothamite

NFL Changes 2015

Raiders got jokes..

1 helmet rule for one..

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 2m2 minutes ago

Yeah Right...We Will Always Be THE SILVER AND BLACK !!!

Ummmmm . . . 1960 Oakland Raiders --

4033073107_7d7f40fb64.jpgOaklandRaiders1960_display_image.jpg?133

1965Topps145Otto250w.jpg11-12-2005012213PM.jpg

Not saying I want the Raiders in gold, but there is more precedent for that than for the 49ers in black.

P.S. It's weird to see Jim Otto in something other than 00.

That was an anomyly. The COBOL computer language was developed in 1960 and the overproduction of "new" mainframe computers to test it out led to a silver shortage from all over the silver being used in soldering. The Raiders could only find gold accent material for their uniform that year.

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline2014/1960/

Thy should have at least matched the stripe like these Nike practice shorts. Then they'd be consistent with the helmet stripe. Add a gold outline to the numbers and these would At least be less of an eye sore. As of now, they're one of the league's worst.

Colin-Kaepernick-QB-Drill-49ers-practice

So any word on the Packer alts?

Given the renaming of Curly's Pub to the Club 1919, I'm thinking it will tie in to that year.

It's a stretch, but it's all I have.

Even my 13 year old son and his friends hate them. That's saying something.

They didn't have to be as ugly as they are. A simple gold outline would have helped...

https://twitter.com/harvey_ranola

CD5YjUJUkAEe_KQ.png

That actually doesn't look too bad. It would actually be tolerable if you pair that with gold pants instead of black.

The 49ers found "TOUCHABLE" written in blood across their facility elevator this morning. No team is safe from the wrath of Nike. They still don't know what Kevin Costner was doing there though.

If the numbers were gold or white with a red outline and they were worn with the gold pants they wouldn't be that bad. But still BFBS, and stupid mono.

They didn't have to be as ugly as they are. A simple gold outline would have helped...

https://twitter.com/harvey_ranola

CD5YjUJUkAEe_KQ.png

This makes sense to me. That's all they needed... :angered:

Can anyone mess with this concept and make the shoulder and pant stripe match the helmet stripe? I'm interested in seeing that.

Honestly, it still looks like garbage with the gold outline. Better smelling garbage, maybe, but still garbage.

Also, these are going to be illegible from any distance when players are in motion.

Anyone else think that the Jags' gold name plates makes their jerseys look 100x better?

NFL.jpg

100x better? No way. It looks good, but it makes that trash heap of a jersey look a mere 3.8% better.

Anyone else think that the Jags' gold name plates makes their jerseys look 100x better?

NFL.jpg

It's all pointless so long as they have that terrible helmet.

NFL.jpg

It's all pointless so long as they have that terrible helmet.

Excellent point sir.

100x better? No way. It looks good, but it makes that trash heap of a jersey look a mere 3.8% better.

Okay, so maybe 100x was a bit off a stretch, but I still think they look better.

Bad form Niners! Those alts look like an odd all-star uniform that completely clashes with the helmet.