NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, picking Nike to actually IMPROVE a uniform look is a lot like picking Wile E. Coyote vs The Roadrunner or vs Bugs Bunny. Somewhere, somehow, the anvil is gonna fall on him or the thing is gonna blow up in his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H41zbqrwVo

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

This might have been discussed already, but I just noticed...

usa-today-8544852.0.jpg

As most of us quickly noted, the NFL went to the trouble of having gold lettering for the NOB attached to draftees' jerseys, obviously to link to the anniversary extravaganza that will be everywhere next season. But what I hadn't realized until it caught my eye in this picture is that they made sure to match the font of the gold lettering to the font of each team's normal jersey. That seems like a tremendous amount of trouble for a small detail that 95% of the viewers wouldn't notice. I mean, it's one thing to have gold lettering available for the quick addition to the jerseys, but to make sure you have all the specialized fonts ready to go, and keep them all separated and organized, all for this quick one time photo op seems really obsessive.

It got me thinking... there's no way they'd carry this over into the season, would they? This isn't a regular "thing" for this year, right? At the very least, we'd have heard about it.

Nah, I'm just being paranoid.

usa-today-8544852.0.jpg

As most of us quickly noted, the NFL went to the trouble of having gold lettering for the NOB attached to draftees' jerseys, obviously to link to the anniversary extravaganza that will be everywhere next season. But what I hadn't realized until it caught my eye in this picture is that they made sure to match the font of the gold lettering to the font of each team's normal jersey. That seems like a tremendous amount of trouble for a small detail that 95% of the viewers wouldn't notice. I mean, it's one thing to have gold lettering available for the quick addition to the jerseys, but to make sure you have all the specialized fonts ready to go, and keep them all separated and organized, all for this quick one time photo op seems really obsessive.

It got me thinking... there's no way they'd carry this over into the season, would they? This isn't a regular "thing" for this year, right? At the very least, we'd have heard about it.

I don't believe they're carrying it over. It was just something special for the draft. What I found interesting is that when the Steelers drafted their player,the NFL used the Steelers normal gold color for the jersey.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

What I found interesting is that when the Steelers drafted their player,the NFL used the Steelers normal gold color for the jersey.

This is not accurate. It was hard to tell with some teams (Steelers, Chargers), but it was in fact Vegas Gold, as you can see up close:

dupree_zpsbxprh8cd.png

usa-today-8544852.0.jpg

It's just for the draft. The NFL is a billion dollar company. They can afford to do something like this. And getting the names onto the jersey 30 seconds after the draft pick is announced is quick, easy and pretty inexpensive. So it's not that big of a hassle

Go A's!

usa-today-8544852.0.jpg

There's no way they'd carry this over into the season, would they? This isn't a regular "thing" for this year, right? At the very least, we'd have heard about it.

The Vikings really should carry it over (in the proper athletic gold, of course.) It looks great.

Qn4eDAi.jpg

I just can't get over why Miami would practically eliminate orange from their color scheme. That faded out pinstripe around the number doesn't cut it for me.

ronnie-brown-ricky-williams.jpg

Even with the silly drop-shadow font, this jersey is 1000X better than what Miami wears now. And the helmet, for that matter, too.

I just can't get over why Miami would practically eliminate orange from their color scheme. That faded out pinstripe around the number doesn't cut it for me.

I'll grant that the use of orange is minimal, but nothing is faded out. It's orange. Any "faded" look is due to lighting.

I'll grant that the use of orange is minimal, but nothing is faded out. It's orange. Any "faded" look is due to lighting.

No, it's absolutely faded out. It's faded because the orange they use is too light, and also because it's so thin and it's bordered by a darker color. The orange disappears on both the white and the aqua jerseys, which they never wear anyways because derp.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I see alot of complaints about the orange in the Dolphins uniforms but I personally think the amount of orange is just fine. They have one of the best uniforms in the league in my opinion.

Then you must not like the orange because you cant see it at most distances.

I do not see how that helped this plain uniform at least more orange would have livened up the design.

A bit more orange trim would be nice, but I still like the new dolphins unis. I think white on white is best look, which is a rare call for me. Orange/white and Aqua/white should be used for just a few (night?) games each. Save the Aqua pants for a two or three road games only. Please, no Aqua/Aqua again.

ANgiJsi.jpg

looking at it, it looks like the old orange.

I think you're right. I think this is actually just a couple older alternates hanging (maybe to mess with people).

The oranges are clearly much different, and I'm thinking the drop shadow on the number looks more like the last iteration's.

usa-today-8544852.0.jpg

It's just for the draft. The NFL is a billion dollar company. They can afford to do something like this. And getting the names onto the jersey 30 seconds after the draft pick is announced is quick, easy and pretty inexpensive. So it's not that big of a hassle

No, I get that with the way its usually done. But my assumption is the lettering in most years is easily available because they're being produced for teams already. I was just thinking that once the decision was made to use gold lettering for this year's draft there might have been some consideration given to the idea of using a more basic standard font across the board. As it was, they not only had to produce gold lettering specially for this one event (no big deal) but decided to match this one-time-only lettering to each team's specific font (slightly bigger deal). But, as you say, it's the NFL... I guess they can afford a minor hassle.

Archived